Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 02:20 PM

Credits: 48,154
Hwona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar View Post
This is what this script needs, SO bad. Games, Quests, things people can do when they get sick of collecting and breeding.

I'd bet a few days or even a day, and someone here can get a few going! :)

And it needs to plug into the currency system, give them $$ --- or the pets, give them points etc
Umm, I'm currently helping Ruinily finish a v.1.2.4-1.3.2 fusion battle system. O.o
Old 08-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 44,505
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point

here's a working model of Vpet:

Its not active but you can register and get online I think to see some of this ...

http://sim-life.com/Sim-Pets

http://sim-life.com/Sim-Pets/games.php?game=1

Just look at the games and quests ..
Old 08-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,297
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your kind word Wallie. ^^ I just think that the standard is different between professional coders and customers/clients of the script. I dont mind their criticism, honestly the first post NoBackSeat made did get me to work harder improving the script to the state it is now. I hope by Mys v1.4.0 most of the criticism will go away, but it may still have flaws. Every script has glitches and issues, developers always spend time fixing them after the initial release. Sometimes to maintain a script takes longer than to write from scratch. XD

And Anna, I have heard of the script too, even before I knew Rusnak Adoptables existed back then. I have paid for a license too, its in my old computer as well. I actually checked its source code back in 2012, honestly it wasnt a good script. The code aint really more professional than Mysidia Adoptables, I dont even see OOP being used. However, it does have some excellent features that I borrow some ideas from. I will implement them one by one in Mys v1.4.x and later v1.5.x, for now its still possible to port them to Mys v1.3.4 but it can be a bit tricky.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Honestly HOF the only complaints i ever get on my site is that people really want more to do.

They love the look and all else, they just need more to do.

For me, I can do the breeding forever, haha.

But I guess a lot of people really want Quests and Games and activities in which they can earn money and their pet can earn awards or points. I say this is a big thing because I've been asked several times now, when am I adding more activities ...
Old 08-13-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Thanks for your kind word Wallie. ^^ I just think that the standard is different between professional coders and customers/clients of the script. I dont mind their criticism, honestly the first post NoBackSeat made did get me to work harder improving the script to the state it is now. I hope by Mys v1.4.0 most of the criticism will go away, but it may still have flaws. Every script has glitches and issues, developers always spend time fixing them after the initial release. Sometimes to maintain a script takes longer than to write from scratch. XD

And Anna, I have heard of the script too, even before I knew Rusnak Adoptables existed back then. I have paid for a license too, its in my old computer as well. I actually checked its source code back in 2012, honestly it wasnt a good script. The code aint really more professional than Mysidia Adoptables, I dont even see OOP being used. However, it does have some excellent features that I borrow some ideas from. I will implement them one by one in Mys v1.4.x and later v1.5.x, for now its still possible to port them to Mys v1.3.4 but it can be a bit tricky.
I think what really matters is that we all keep improving as time passes. :3 I'm certain mysidia will improve, maybe slowly, but surely.
Unfortunately, I'm going to have one heck of a hard time doing so with the script for several reasons. Most noticeably, I have an almost non-existent amount of experience; my site is using v1.3.3 and I've poured so much time; blood, and sweat into adding the few extra features to want to upgrade; and in case you can't tell, I'm not very... umm... bright?
Old 08-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,297
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

@Anna:
I see, I totally understand. The original plan for a Quest system is in Mys v1.6.0, but guess it will be too long to wait for you? The fact is that you dont really need a Quest system to make quests available to users, you can use some simple PHP and HTML. I can help you with an example if you want to see what I mean by this. ^^

@Wallie:
True, the script will improve with time. I understand what you mean, you've made so many changes to your Mys v1.3.3 site that upgrading will break a lot of things. Manual upgrade between versions in Mys v1.3.x is very difficult, since each release feels like somewhat of an overhaul. XD But dont worry, theres a way to back-port features from future scripts to early versions. I will let you know how to do that when the time comes.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Ah .... HOF that would be fantastic!

I can pretty well mod and alter Quests/Games if i had some sort of basic script for it. And yeah, I fear we need some perks added sooner than 1.6 :)

Aw Wallie! It isnt a matter of bright! I modded a ton of things for the old Rusnak script, but for some reason my brain just really hates the whole OOP script and battles me on creating with it, even though I try. If I have a framework, I can alter it pretty good, though!
Old 08-13-2014, 03:01 PM

@ HoF That sounds great! XD But really my biggest concern is security - that I absolutely can't understand! Basically as long as no one can hack accounts, I can wait for everything else. But I do agree with Annatar that a quest and battle system soon would be great! I doubt many people would bother hacking my tiny site, but ever since I started advertising yesterday, the number of online users has began to slowly increase... O.o
Old 08-13-2014, 03:14 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,644
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of the critique Mysidia gets is quite unfair. For one, this is the only functional adoptable/click-to-grow script out there. A few used to exist, but have died out since. Secondly, for the most part it's just HoF working on it, and he's also trying to balance out finding a job, etc. Of course there are issues with the script- name one script that doesn't have issues with it that need to be worked out. As far as I can tell, scripting is a lot like writing a novel, it's not going to be perfect as soon as your fingers touch the keyboard, instead it takes a couple of drafts before you get it right. With each new version, the security increases, the script becomes more functional, and on top of just trying to improve what's already there, new features are added.

I may not be a professional programmer, but I sure as heck would say Mysidia is one of the best scripts out there, especially when you look at how far it's come.

However, critique is necessary for improvement, whether it be in script, artwork, cooking, etc. So at least people are looking in on it and offering some critique, that way you know what needs to be improved.

Might just be babbling, here XD
Old 08-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

It's honestly the only workable user friendly pet script of any kind out there.

I have tried them all, a long time ago and then re tested them recently. All of them fail when it comes down to the nitty gritty of just installing, getting IN there and customizing it.

If we can get Games and Quests, I guarantee we will take off.