Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 11-12-2015, 03:46 AM

Credits: 48,909
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

Okays, made some new sprites to match my new style, and these items also can be used for both carnivores and herbivores. The click values that these items give may be changed.

Geyser Water - This refreshing, purified water comes from only the best source - geysers on the Ash Islands! Give this mineral rich water to your companion to raise its clicks by 5.

Blubee Honey - This honey was carefully crafted and selected from Relic Town's Blubee hives. Upon consuming this deliciously sweet treat, your companion's clicks will be raised by 100!

Windigo Milk - This milk comes from one of the most dangerous and elusive creatures in the world. After consuming this nutritious elixir, your companion's clicks will be raised by 500!
Old 11-12-2015, 06:38 AM
〈 ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ 〉

Credits: 7,446
Bexasaurus is on a distinguished road

They're so adorable! I love the shading and the shadow you included, it gives it some depth to it that some pixel art don't have.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,464
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

You are very welcome, the art really is awesome. Perhaps you can make a few default pets/items for Mysidia so we wont have to use pokemon in the demo/test site any longer. XD Dont worry, I joked. Nice new work btw.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:31 PM

Haha thanks guys! New creature sprites have been made, and a little info for them.

Lunoths are timid little creatures that only venture out of their nests at night to feed on blooming moon flowers. They are native to Crescent Island, where their food source grows naturally in large quantities.

Captive Lunoth's happily feed on honey and other sweet treats given to them by their owners. During the day, they will often sleep for hours at a time, cuddled onto their master's shoulder or head. Once the moon rises, they will become much more energetic and begin to fly around in search of flowers and others of their species. If a window or door is left open, they will always fly out, but most Lunoth's who are happy under their master's care will come back at dawn.

This creature is very sociable, and thrives with at least two or three others of its kind. A lone Lunoth will, after a short period of time, become depressed and unhappy if they are unable to socialize.

- - - - -

Added new variants!
Blue is common, green is uncommon, black is rare, and albino is extremely rare.
For perspective of rarity, if a flock of 100 Lunoths was in an area, you may see 87 blues, 12 greens, 1 black, and no albinos.

Last edited by tahbikat; 11-15-2015 at 04:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:35 AM

Hey guys!

So, I'm having trouble thinking of an item for changing creatures into albinos. Ideally I would like 2 items. One would be weak and have like a 1 in 500 or something crazy like that chance. It would be extremely cheap. The stronger item would be very very expensive and have only a small fail rate. Pretty much guaranteed to change your creature into an albino. Orrr maybe it would just have like a better rate of getting an albino, but not guaranteed. Lol still deciding. Any ideas?

And speaking of albinos, how rare do you think they should be? I'd like it to be pretty hard to get them, but not too hard because I don't want to discourage people. I still want them to have that "omg I have an albino hatchling!" feeling, not "oh cool, another albino" if you see what I mean? Haha

Last edited by tahbikat; 11-17-2015 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:02 AM
〈 ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ 〉

Credits: 7,446
Bexasaurus is on a distinguished road

That sounds good, if you like you can make it harder by making it so that it can only be obtained during a certain time of the year or during only a contest/event. Maybe the drop rate is typically low throughout the year except on several specific days of the year. Regardless, either way you go about it I think it'll still be cool to get an albino if it's very hard to get.

I think it should be very rare and very hard to come by, but possible to get if given the effort.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:00 AM
Aspiring

Credits: 10,906
Nieth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Nieth

So, sorta like pokemon with egg hatching, right? Anyone pretty much flips out when they get a shiny. I forget all the numbers but its like a 1/8000 chance or something? And then of course there's different things to increase your odds.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:11 PM

@Bexa, yea, I was thinking of giving them out during events and as contest prizes too. Still trying to think of a drop rate for them. Something like a 1 in 350 chance maybe? Not sure. I want people to get them, just not too often.

@Nieth yep! Similar to pokemon, but 1 in 8,000 is waaaay too much lol. It took me years of playing pokemon just to randomly find my first shiny haha. I don't expect people to do the same with my site.

So I think maybe a 1 in 450 or 500 chance isn't all that bad, and then of course there will be purchasable items to make your chances of changing your creature into an albino higher. 1 in 500 seems reasonable. If anything, I can adjust the odds if it seems like there are too little or too many albinos being born.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Aspiring

Credits: 10,906
Nieth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Nieth

To be honest, the matsuo method for pokemon eggs seems like a reasonable chance and that happens once in every like 689 or something?

I think anywhere between 1/500-800 is reasonable, considering you don't want people to be lucky enough to get them right off the bat and it sort of compensates for a tiny bit larger of a community. Especially if you're going to be adding items that drastically increase your chance in getting one you can't e too careful. Regardless of how much the item is or how hard it may be to obtain you have to be ready for a possible influx or drastic change in economy. Its been the downfall of a lot of great sites. ;-;
Old 11-17-2015, 02:11 PM

Yea, that's why I'm trying to find a good balance. :/ On one hand, if I make it easier for albinos to be "born", then the albino-changing item should be much more expensive. However, if "born" albinos are very hard to get, then the item should probably be a little less expensive I think? I dunno lol. I'll figure it out during the testing stage. >.<