Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 07-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,930
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Default Show Gender while Naming Pet & Name Promo Code Pets

Two things:

- Is it possible to let users know what gender their pet is going to be before/as they are naming it when it is new?

- Is it possible to give users the option to name pets obtained from promo codes as they get them? (Currently they just get the name of the species as their name by default and users are never asked to name them.)

I know it is always possible for a user to visit the adoptable and rename/name their pets, but... for the sake of their convenience?

+ How would I go about showing the species description on an individual pet's page (their stats page)? (Or, basically, getting it to where it's attached to a variable accessible in 'adopt'. {$this->adopt->info} or something to that effect?)

Last edited by Kyttias; 07-10-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:59 PM

Credits: 48,153
Hwona is on a distinguished road

Umm, I don't know with v.1.3.4, but with v.1.3.3, I think it's possible, for the naming, to put something like: this->adoptGender(); or something like that on the promocode page.
As for displaying the species description? Is that an existing function in the ownedadoptables class? If not, maybe try getting an adoptable's species and then going to the adoptables table in the database and select the description that matches the species.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 PM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

Credits: 23,612
Infernette is on a distinguished road

By using $this->adopt->info you are pulling from the owned_adoptables table- It'd be best to put the info in the adoptables table and do a fetch on the row that the species(both are type) is at to pull the info to save resources and having to tag each adopt with the same info, unless you are varying it for every adoptable someone has(i.e. custom descriptions).
Old 07-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Premium Member

Hum, yeah. I'll have to do a database pull based on species name.

I'm definitely/mostly curious about getting the gender to display while a user is first naming their pet, though. It definitely helps in the naming process to know what gender an adoptable is going to be, afterall.

(Meanwhile, the alternate image use implies a 50-50 ratio could be created to make male and female adoptables with different pictures, yet, doesn't look like it's actively bothering to connect an image with a specific gender. There isn't even a way to make it so a species only can be a single gender.)
Old 07-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,295
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Its definitely possible, but you will need to edit the adopt.php file a little bit since the original script generates adoptable's gender after you name your pet. You can always rename your pet at anytime through myadopts.php though.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Premium Member

Darn, I was afraid to hear that, but thought it might be the case. Could you put changing that into consideration for a future version of Mysidia?

Tags
gender, naming