Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Newcomer Center

Notices

Old 02-06-2018, 02:58 AM

Credits: 1,192
sketchi is on a distinguished road
Default hello! am I late to the party?

I notice there aren't a lot of new sites being created here, but I just discovered this site today and think it's a great idea to provide a tool for anyone wanting to make a pet site!

So to introduce myself, I'm actually a mobile game developer, currently working on a pet adopt app. Pixel Petz:

www.pixelpetz.com

(just some examples, petz are colored in by players)

While the main game will be on mobile (where you can create and trade petz), I was thinking of also making a supplementary web portion, where you would be able to access all your petz and easily trade from the comfort of your PC.

Is this something that would be possible with Mysidia scripting? Our backend is using Firebase, so I'm thiiinking it ought to be compatible...?

Thanks for any guidance, and nice to meet everyone!
Old 02-06-2018, 11:56 AM
Woah man.

Credits: 45,383
Pear is on a distinguished road

Ooh, welcome! :D
I hope you can make it connect, that'll be cool. I'm not good with coding so I can't answer you there..hahaha
Old 02-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,976
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Developer to developer, I'm gonna lean you towards maybe going without Mysidia. Last I checked, Firebase kind of heavily uses JSON as a database of sorts, rather than directly hooking up with MySQL. It'd be a lot of work to re-tailor all of the classes to work directly with Firebase! (But it has been a couple years since I looked into Firebase...)

However, that doesn't mean Mysidia isn't a good jumping off point just to take down concept notes on the sort of classes and functions you'll want to be working with.

Once you actually start looking at the code (which I first approached as a beginner to PHP) you'll see how old it is. It's significantly dated and as much as I've loved the community here in the past, I rarely come around anymore. After modifying the Mysidia base beyond recognition and I decided just to start fresh. I'll be happy to come back when the next version mysteriously resurfaces, but after 6+ years with no updates, I really can't justify using Mysidia on a real project.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:38 PM

Credits: 1,192
sketchi is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your thoughtful reply! I'll keep that in mind then. It's too bad nothing's been updated in so long, I'm a big fan of this general concept.

Novul is looking real fancy, the breeding system is intriguing! I'll be sure to keep an eye on it.