Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2012, 02:15 PM

Credits: 49,009
Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Default Game Play Overhaul

Adopting is great and all but I think there needs to be a little more than just buy leveling and adopting so here are some cool new features I came up with that should be considered for future releases.

Conditions or States:

Adopts could acquire different states of being, such as sick or dirty. It is then up to the adopter to care for them. Buy the right medicine or soap to remove such a condition. Every time an adopt is viewed and given a point a test should be run to see if said adopt gets sick, dirty, hurt etc... When this happens penalty could include no more money obtained and no more points when adopt is viewed. Another Example: pokemon could get burned, paralyzed or poisoned and would need right medicine to heal. the admin panel could have section for adding conditions their probabilities and healing items.

Degrading Features:

Kind of the same concept as above but rather than true of false it would be degraded each time the pet is viewed. Examples include happiness, hunger, energy, etc... and again should be set in admin panel how full the bar can be and how much it decreases each time it is viewed. This opens up new items like food that will replenish the bar at different amounts. Again a penalty could be said pet dies (maybe not) but it won't gain points or money from clicks.

Advanced Leveling:

I kinda touched on this before but what do you do when your adopt evolved three times? or an adopt doesn't evolve? Levels should go on for ever. You set a base say 10 and then for each level you increment it by another chosen value. so say base 10 increments of 2. to get to lvl 1 you need 10 clicks. to get to lvl 2 you need 12, to get to 3 you need 14. formula would be 10 + 2 * lvl. This can go on forever or have a set end and will add never ending gameplay for each adopt and the higher their level the more money or rarer breeds they could bring. or just be bragging rights.

Share the Wealth:

It can be hard for members to get clicks for their adopts from outside the site. they may have to bug others that don't care to click the adopts. its much easier to get people to click your since they have adopts too and understand. So why not share the wealth? each time a logged in user clicks another users adopt they should get points too. I wouldn't acctually make it that easier tho but an option. I would make it so there was a chance of getting an item or money like a lottery. to give it story you could say oh while visiting so and so's adopt it has somethign in its mouth and hands it to you. You have obtained a parcel! so new way to distribute items, rare items maybe?

I am working on few other ideas. So that's all for now. I kinda right these out in psudo code and i tried to explain them that way. I cannot program php at this time sadly or i'll be all over this. I am getting their though as i just finnished java 260 and i have to take java 360 before web programming 380. But I have taken a sql database class :)

Anyways sorry for the long read but tell me what you think and ask if anything isn't clear. I am still working on my site and I hope to bring more play value to members then constantly adding new adopts. but rather value the adopts they have.