Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,530
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default Mysidia Adoptables v1.2.2[Security Release]

I'd like to announce that Mysidia Adoptables v1.2.2 is now officially released to public. This is another Mys v1.2.x series security releases that add two more new features together with one user profile fix. Other than the upgrader of Mys v1.2.1 to Mys v1.2.2, it is also possible to upgrade from Mys v1.1.4 to Mys v1.2.2 with a mega-upgrader.

New Features:
1. Donation System: The donation system seemed to be present in Mys v1.1.x series, but with tons of glitches. The new donation system for Mys v1.2.2 was designed by Fadillzzz, and it should be good to use.

2. Friend/Friend list System: Starting from Mys v1.2.2, your members can add each other to friend list by sending out friend requests, which must be approved by another user. You may restrict PM or Trade usage to your friends only with this new feature. In future the friend system will be integrated with lots of new features.

3. Profile Fix: As ChibiKawaii mentioned in Mys v1.2.1's official release thread, the user profiles were messed up if they have yet to set avatars and favorite pets. This issue is now fixed in Mys v1.2.2.

4. Mega-Upgrader from Mys v1.1.4 to Mys v1.2.2: Yes, it is finally possible to upgrade from old Mys v1.1.x series to Mys v1.2.x. An upgrader from Mys v1.1.4 to Mys v1.2.2 is available to download, while users running earlier versions of Mys v1.1.x may need to upgrade to Mys v1.1.4 first to use this upgrader.

To install the script, simply upload all files within the subfolder 'Installation' inside the zip file to your adoptables directory. It should be quite self-explanatory, read ChibiKawaii's tutorials if you have trouble installing the script. Note an installer script can be accessed by the directory 'Install', it can be accessed easily. Do NOT upload the entire Mys122 folder to your server, it will not work this way.

To upgrade from Mysidia Adoptables version 1.2.1, you will have to do is to upload files within the folder 'Upgrade' to your adoptables directory. The config.php file has been removed from subfolder Upgrade, so you are not likely to suffer the same issue as Elfhome had with Mys v1.2.1. When it asks you whether to overwrite your old files, choose yes to proceed. After this is done, run the upgrader script and follow the instructions as provided. It should take only a few secs to upgrade. Keep in mind that the upgrader script is in the 'Install' folder, you may access it through the following link below:

yoursitename.com/install/upgrade.php

or if you are using a subdirectory, use this:

yoursitename.com/adoptablesdirectory/install/upgrade.php

After upgrading to Mys v1.2.2, please do remove your upgrader script file through ftp to prevent security issues in future. This upgrader script only works for users running Mys v1.2.1, do not use if you are running an older version of Mysidia Adoptables.

The Mega-upgrader, on the other hand, has been uploaded to Megaupload separately. In order to upgrade from Mys v1.1.4 to Mys v1.2.2, you pretty much need to overwrite all script files(except for config.php, keep this in mind) in your adoptables directory. Then follow the same procedure as introduced for Mys v1.2.1 to Mys v1.2.2 upgrader. Note you may not be able to upgrade successfully if your site is heavily customized with Mys v1.1.x Mods.

To download Mysidia Adoptables version 1.2.2, please click the link below(it includes both an installation folder and an upgrade folder for users currently running Mys v1.2.1):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3OSHWX89

The following link is for Mysidia Adoptables Mega-Upgrader, note you must be using Mys v1.1.4 in order to run this upgrader script:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=16NII190

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:54 AM

Credits: 19,510
Inf3rnal is on a distinguished road

Sounds like amazing additions!

Testing out version 1.2.2 right now. :3
Old 04-12-2011, 11:58 AM

Credits: 66,345
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

yay! :D *goes to upgrade* I shall be doing this better this time. xD No mistakes. I love how many upgrades there is, it's awesome how active the community is.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:24 PM

Credits: 50
bruno954 is on a distinguished road

here has these following errors

Warning: mysql_fetch_array (): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C: \ Xampp \ xampp \ htdocs \ inc \ functions.php on line 814

Warning: session_start () [function.session-start]: Can not send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C: \ Xampp \ xampp \ htdocs \ inc \ functions.php: 814) in C: \ Xampp \ xampp \ htdocs \ inc \ functions.php on line 21

Warning: session_start () [function.session-start]: Can not send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C: \ Xampp \ xampp \ htdocs \ inc \ functions.php: 814) in C: \ Xampp \ xampp \ htdocs \ inc \ functions.php on line 21

Warning: mysql_num_rows (): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C: \ Xampp \ xampp \ htdocs \ inc \ functions.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_numrows (): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C: \ Xampp \ xampp \ htdocs \ inc \ functions.php on line 200

Warning: mysql_num_rows (): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C: \ Xampp \ xampp \ htdocs \ inc \ functions.php on line 268

Warning: mysql_num_rows (): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C: \ Xampp \ xampp \ htdocs \ inc \ functions.php on line 270

please help me I'm Portuguese '-'
Old 04-12-2011, 12:37 PM

@ Inf3rnal: Thanks for your comment, glad you like it.

@ Gloometh: I am sure you will be just fine, make sure you only upload script files within the folder Upgrade to your server.

@ Bruno954: There is something wrong with your database info at config.php. Check if you've entered these fields correctly, especially the table prefix. Also check database user permissions.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM

Credits: 50
bruno954 is on a distinguished road

<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

$dbhost = 'localhost'; //DB Hostname
$dbuser = 'root'; //DB User
$dbpass = '******'; //DB Password
$dbname = 'digimonadventure'; //Your database name
$domain = '*.*.**.**'; //Your domain name (No http, www or . )
$scriptpath = ''; //The folder you installed this script in
$prefix = 'adopts_';

?>

Note I put the stars not to show
Old 04-12-2011, 04:20 PM

Credits: 1,133
nobackseat is on a distinguished road

http://www.virtualpetlist.com/showth...ptables-Review

I suggest all of the development team take a good look at that thread.

NBS

Last edited by nobackseat; 04-12-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:45 PM

I hate to repeat this, but again most of these flaws already existed back in Rusnak Adoptables I purchased a few months ago. If you ever remember why Kaeliah got sorta mad at you last time, it was because you are firing all these blames on this dev team for something they did not do. You are being way too impatient against a project that has just recently been revived from more than 1 year of inactivity. This may not have been what you meant to say, but its the impression I got from you.

I've been working on fixing the 'loops runs only once' issue, which will be different in Mys v1.3.0. What I've been doing lately were adding new features to the script since it lacked these to begin with, but we will eventually get to the part of performance improvement and codes revision.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Credits: 1,133
nobackseat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
I hate to repeat this, but again most of these flaws already existed back in Rusnak Adoptables I purchased a few months ago. If you ever remember why Kaeliah got sorta mad at you last time, it was because you are firing all these blames on this dev team for something they did not do. You are being way too impatient against a project that has just recently been revived from more than 1 year of inactivity.

I've been working on fixing the 'loops runs only once' issue, which will be different in Mys v1.3.0. What I've been doing lately were adding new features to the script since it lacked these to begin with, but we will eventually get to the part of performance improvement and codes revision. You may not like the way I manage this project, but thats life, something you cant change.
So play the blame game. I truly don't care whose fault it is. But users are running these awful scripts everywhere, and I think it is wrong. Two months time is surely long enough to repair these very simple basic issues. (Yes, they were mentioned in my post two months ago.)

Lol, I'm not trying to change the way you manage the project. I'm simply creating awareness of the script in its current state, and it does seem that you fully agree with me on its quality.

I anticipate that you or your team will go resort to "but we're not paid, we're volunteer". I recommend you start paying your development team, and perhaps it may improve someday.

When you bought the script, you inherited its issues too. I believe the owners and maintainers of it should be held responsible for its content. But that's just my opinion.

I wasn't originally trying to be rude. You couldn't have all of the issues down, so you could have taken it as a reminder.

But the way you approach these suggestions isn't surprising. I hope everyone sees it.

NBS

Last edited by nobackseat; 04-12-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:05 PM

Credits: 66,345
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

it's a script, for crying out loud. An /adoptable/ script. I don't think people are going to be screaming their heads' off because there is some issues and the php isn't up to date. I have run into some glitches, but I get around them, and I know they will be fixed. As long as it doesn't effect my members, that's okay.

Do you really care this much about it, or are you just bored? :/ If you are making such a big deal, fix it yourself.
Closed Thread