Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

Credits: 26,293
PTGigi

Yay suggestions :3 MA has a thread like this, you may want to check it out for some ideas. :D I'll pull out a few goods ones since the topic is fairly long

And I agree with the gender swap :3

Randomo ideas:
-Reset (ie level 0, clicks 0)(I ran a poll once on an old MA site that I had and a surprising number of people liked that idea O: )
-Items that have no purpose, only meant to be sold
-Going to quote cuz it's a lot XD
Quote:
-The admin can set a chance for the item to do nothing. So if you bought an item that gives your pet 10 click there could be a small chance that it won't work.
-On the flip-side there could be a rare chance that the item is amplified. So using the same 10 click item it might actually give you pet 20 clicks!
-Another idea is you could set and item to have two 'outcomes'. Similar to the alt adoptables now. An item could raise your click level or decrease the level?
-Also you could have the item set-up like the adoptable set-up now. With the Promo Code, Money/Free, # Limits, etc. So people may have to find the promo code for the items or they may be able to only purchase 2 of an item.
-Instant max level
-Here another quote I picked out:
Quote:
What if only adopts of a certain level could use an item? For example, a lv.2 pet can't put on a lv. 5 item! Or a Lv. 1 pet can't use a lv. 3 potion or such.
-Pet backgrounds (not sure if this is possible XD)
-Another quote XD
Quote:
You could create and cure illnesses or turn your pet into an entirely different creature, corrupt/purify it, etc.
Interesting stuffs I pulled from that topic :3

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."~Mewtwo
My Adoptables|Nuzlocke Webcomic
Old 08-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,653
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well I am replying to Gigi's post now, it seems that she has some interesting ideas to share.

Reset Clicks/Levels: This can be done easily, I will add it for Mys v1.3.0 now that you asked.
Items that serve no purpose but to be sold: It is already available for the itemshop script I made. Such items are called valuable items, you usually get them by using exploration system and then sell for money.
Instant Max Level: Similar to Reset Clicks/Levels, just a different extreme I guess. Will add it for Mys v1.3.0 too.
Level-based Restriction: Sounds like a good idea, it is quite similar to species or usergroup-based restriction, I will give a try.
Chances of items taking effect: I like it, will give a try too for Mys v1.3.0 prior to its official release.
Chances of amplifying item effect: This should not be difficult, but I do not see a point of including it in an official release. May consider this as a Mod if demand is high.
Alternative outcomes for items: Good idea, it may be a tedious(not difficult) to handle for Mys v1.3.0, but I will consider for future releases.
Limits: Chibi suggested the feature of item promo code, I will add this soon.
Pet background: Umm this may be difficult, since it will need to merge the background and pet image. I personally never tried that before, but Anna has done that with her breeding script. I will see if it will work nicely.
Create/Cure Illness: Well this is planned for future releases of Mys v1.3.x series, since we will need an adoptables status/sickness system as prerequisite. Good point btw.
Turn your adoptables into different species: This is just like an evolution system, isnt it? I will release an updated version of adoptables evolution script following the release of Mys v1.3.0, and evolution items will be part of that Mod.
Corrupt/Purify Adoptables: Dont understand what that is, mind elaborating?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 PM

Credits: 5,275
Cindykt is on a distinguished road

Items that let you upload a custom pet image? :3
Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

Credits: 26,293
PTGigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Well I am replying to Gigi's post now, it seems that she has some interesting ideas to share.

Pet background: Umm this may be difficult, since it will need to merge the background and pet image. I personally never tried that before, but Anna has done that with her breeding script. I will see if it will work nicely.
Turn your adoptables into different species: This is just like an evolution system, isnt it? I will release an updated version of adoptables evolution script following the release of Mys v1.3.0, and evolution items will be part of that Mod.
Corrupt/Purify Adoptables: Dont understand what that is, mind elaborating?
Pet Background I assumed it might be difficult seeing as very few other adoptables sites have a feature like that (I can only think of two off the top of my head O.o). But an idea is an idea XD
Different Species I believe the suggestion more entailed changing the species entirely. Similar to how on VDex if you have a Ditto and use a Metronome on it the Ditto will turn into a random Pokemon. Something not evolution based though, coding-wise, I guess it does sound very much like evolution except it would have multiple outcomes of what it could turn the creature into. So in that case it just seems better to give "evolution" items the ability to have more outcomes. :3
Corrupt/Purify I believe the user who posted that was going on something similar to the sick/cure items, except it would change it to a new image to display the new effect. So, in that case, I'd think it'd be an item that just changes the pet's image to another one. Giving the effect that your pet has become "corrupted" or "cleansed". It could also be used for many other things, similiar to Neopet's Paintbrushes or whatnot. :3

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."~Mewtwo
My Adoptables|Nuzlocke Webcomic
Old 08-30-2011, 03:45 AM
Niwatori Kami

Credits: 5,039
Chibi_Chicken is on a distinguished road

An item that lets the user change their name.
an item that would would give out a random promo code from a list you have per-set.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:00 PM

@ Gigi: I see, thanks for bringing these up to me. I believe many of the request features will be added for Mys v1.3.0, while others may be available in future releases or as Public/Premium Mod.

And, an item that changes an adoptable into a different species...Lemme think about it then, still believe item based evolution can achieve the same purpose.

@ Chibi_Chicken:
An item that allows users to change their usernames? Should the item be a consumable item(that its quantity decreases by 1 each time used) or not?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Niwatori Kami

Credits: 5,039
Chibi_Chicken is on a distinguished road

I would suggest it be a consumable item and along the same lines build an item that lets user change their pets names, so they can use some of that money they have been saving up.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:16 PM

Credits: 48,998
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

Cyanide pills to put down your pets! Definitely consumable but available in bulk.

But on a more serious note pet deletion/release items? Admin could call it w/e lol :D
Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 PM
Art Director & Developer

Credits: 5,911
Teshia

An item that changes your pet's image to an alternate (like zombies).
Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 PM

@ Chibi_Chicken: Alright, I will take a look into these. It seems that users can change the names of their pets at any time for now.

@ Nemesis: Are you referring to the disabled feature to kill pets? Also pet release can be achieved with the pound feature, unless you want pound adoptables to be globally turned off and only users with pet release items can pound their adoptables.

@ Teshia: I believe alt image change is already available:

Quote:
5. Alts Items: The alts items can be used to switch between your adoptable's primary and alternate form. Apparently, such items are qualified as consumable items.
If you have a different suggestion regarding alternate image items, please lemme know.