Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 07-14-2013, 08:15 PM

Credits: 48,185
Hwona is on a distinguished road
Default Caterpillar Cave

Taking a long shot at this one... but I guess it worth a try. :3

Caterpillar Cave Site

Caterpillar Cave is in Alpha phase, but is open to sign-ups! Updates should be frequent at this point and will be posted in the thread.

As the site's name suggests, Caterpillar Cave is a click-to-raise adoptable site centered around caterpillars, mercaterpillars, and soon to come, fairy/winged caterpillars (which look more like conjoined fuzz balls)! You can find adoptables by purchasing them from shops in the world map, from the pound, from the adoption center (none at the moment), or by submitting a custom request. So far, all adoptables reach full maturity at level 6. Right now, only breeding caterpillars will produce new hybrids.

And if you're having trouble gaining clicks, there's always some food in the food shoppe!
(everything's being redrawn at the moment)

Also, there's finally a forum - it's not the "script" one that was planned to be used, but it works!
http://caterpillarcave.freeforums.net/

Backstory (Apparently, it needs some work.):
In the realm of the imaginary, there lies the tiny speck of a planet named Drameria. It is on this planet that a island chain named Hakeoro floats (the name comes from the name of the flower the islands grew from - long story). Long ago (Dramerian time), butterflies and moths mysteriously made their appearance on the island Keppi. Not too long later, a strange, uneplained occurrence thwarted the butterflies and moths' development cycles, disallowing them to mature past the "caterpillar" stage. As certain parts of time can run faster than others in Drameria's realm, the caterpillars, through generations, quickly developed larger sizes, fewer and shorter legs, the ability to reproduce as caterpillars, and fuzzier coats to cope with the foreign enviroment. The result: a creature that resembled a fuzz ball formation with antennae which would eventually become a highly intelligent species that would dominate Hakeoro - the Hakeorean Caterpillar.

Last edited by Hwona; 05-08-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:10 PM

Just finished the images for the first breeding pair. Soon to be released! Yup, they're kind of boring.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:01 PM

Credits: 22,691
Ruinily is on a distinguished road

No their cute. ^_^ I'm guessing thats what you were going for. :P I've signed up! Though you might want to put a link on here somewhere to the pet site...

Chocolate butterfly cat pudding. o.o

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
http://felkyocreatures.com/index.php
Old 07-15-2013, 10:03 PM

Default Re

O.o thanks for telling me! *feels stupid* XP

Also, the breeding caterpillars are probably going to be a bit plain, but their ofspring should be more detailed.

Anyhow, enjoy your stay at the cave! :3

Last edited by Hwona; 07-15-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:59 PM

Lol its okay. ^_^ Also if you're hosting on x10 watch out, they werent good for me and shut me down randomly without warning one day. O.o' They wouldnt even tell me why... So make sure you keep backups. :P

Yay I have two cute caterpillars!

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
Old 07-16-2013, 05:11 PM

Default Re

Ok, thanks for the heads up - and yeah, you can kind of figure that out. When you first create your site on the server, you can connect and do everything normally, but after that, nothing works! :L Unfortunately, transfering to a different host means redoing all the links in the search system, and I don't know how to save backups or transfer. D:

Edit: never mind - I just saved my files as a zip. :3 Do you know any other hosts that work?

Last edited by Hwona; 07-16-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:44 PM

Lol thats the million dollar question around here, which host. ^_^' Theres probably a bunch of threads if you want to look through them, I'm using host-ed, which is kind of good yet annoying at the same time. XD Though it works nicely for other people. At this pont I'd say its just luck. -.-'

Cool, underwater. o.o

Old 08-31-2013, 11:55 PM

Ok, Caterpillar Cave is currently in the middle of a huge breeding overhaul. Many caterpillars are being renamed and breeding combinations have been rethought. During updating, I might have missed a few owned adoptables so some pets will popup as a message saying: this adoptable type does not exist (something similar). If you are having any such pet issues, please post in the thread or PM me! :3

Also, the caterpillar obtaining system might be completely different after the update - probably more breeding centered rather than search centered.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:10 PM

Wow, it's been a really long time since this thread has been updated. There was a bit of a theme error which caused the site to break and I apologize for the inconvinience! Anyhow, the first mercaterpillar has been introduced, the theme has been changed, some of the old art has been updated, and the "islands" now have a different style. The custom system has also been updated. Enjoy! :D
Old 03-08-2014, 03:03 PM

I was wondering what happened to this site! :D I'm glad its still open!