Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 04:19 AM

Credits: 11,284
Quillink
Default Confirmation window when adopting?

I've had a number of users find it very annoying when they refresh the adoption page and accidentally adopt a duplicate. Is there a way to add a confirmation pop up before the page runs any php? That way if the user refreshes they will realize it's about to create another adoptable and opt out.

This would be particularly useful for anyone running a store script on their site. :)
Old 07-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I am, who I am.

Credits: 28,603
Bloodrun
Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodrun
Default RE: Confirmation window when adopting?

Usually any stored data in a form, will make it so that your browser (If it is up to date, within a couple months or so) will automatically pop up with a warning box with a message. (I dont know the exact wording) but it will say something like, "would you like to enter this data again?" It will then give you a "Resend" button and a "Cancel" button.

So.. yeah.. Or they could always use the simplistic way around that, and click the link given to them after they adopt a pet, that leads them back to the main page of the adoption page.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:52 AM

Credits: 10,065
Ashje
Default RE: Confirmation window when adopting?

^
Mine has that. I don't know if this would work, but you could always add a redirect to a page that says "Adopted Successfully" or something which has no dangerous code. I'm pretty sure (with a basis on rosepose's site [When you click an adoptable, it levels up on solaria.com then auto-redirects to solaria.net]) that it runs the php code (meaning the adoptable would be bought/adopted) then auto-redirects to the page which has no dangerous code.