Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Feedback and Suggestions

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 31,862
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah
Default Premium Membership - How To And Why

Premium Memberships

Why?
You may have noticed strange orange names all over Mysidia Adoptables. This color signifies a Premium Member, someone who is a sort of VIP member. As a Premium Member, you get certain perks, such as the use of Blogs, and also access to all the Premium Member Scripts(and possibly later, themes as well). The forum here is new, so other perks may still arise.

How?
There are many paths to gaining a Premium Membership, most of which include contributing the forum in some way. There is a requirement as well though, you must have been a member for at least 2 weeks in order to be considered for Premium Membership. Now, here are some ways you can gain premium membership.
  • Submit an original modification or addon for the MysAdopt Script.
  • Submit a theme for use with the MysAdopt Script.
  • Submit a tutorial of some kind.
  • Submit artwork to be used freely by the community.
  • Advertising or Promoting the community.

Please keep in mind, submitting something that falls into these categories will not automatically put you up for Premium Membership. The quality of your work will be considered as well. You could output many things that fall into these categories, but if they are all of poor quality you may not get Premium Membership. However submitting something of a very good quality, if even if it's only one, maybe two things will give you a better chance to gain Premium Membership.

Premium Membership can be revoked if you remove your contributions, get suspended/banned or if you receive certain infractions for thing like insulting other users.

Hope this guide was helpful to you, and good luck on your quest to Premium Membership!

Last edited by Kaeliah; 01-21-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:21 AM
bruh

Credits: 35,648
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

Yus, I was wondering how many different ways there were to be a Premium Member xD
And you forgot the payment method xD

Hehe, I submitted 1 tutorial so far... I need to contribute more lol XD

Thanks Kae for clearing my mind up a bit

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Dev Staff

Credits: 21,044
Arianna will become famous soon enough

This is a great idea, and a very good way of letting people get rewarded for contributing to the community. Yay for premium members! :D
Old 01-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
And you forgot the payment method xD
I believe the payment method was abolished.

Quote:
This is a great idea, and a very good way of letting people get rewarded for contributing to the community. Yay for premium members! :D
This was something Famer and I came up with. He didn't want to have the payment way of getting premium membership so instead it's merit-based, to help the community.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 AM
bruh

That's really generous of him xD... but how would be earn profit (for the server costs and stuff)? o.O

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiKawaii View Post
That's really generous of him xD... but how would be earn profit (for the server costs and stuff)? o.O
Well, unlike MA, he's not hosting the script a million times over so the server probably doesn't cost as much. That said, he's said he doesn't want to make a profit off the script, so I guess he's just paying for it out of pocket...? I'm not sure. XD Famer get in here!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,372
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Thank you for posting this Kaeliah. There's one more thing that I am still not yet decided. I was considering if outstanding community helpers and referrers should also gain premium membership. I will discuss with dev staff and see what we can possibly do.

And you gals actually bring up a very good question. Why do I abolish payment method for premium membership and encourage members to actually contribute to the script or community itself to gain such privileges? XD

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:21 AM
bruh

Hmmm...
Maybe it's because you're just that epic? XD

~C.Maestro
Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Credits: 5,043
Kyris is on a distinguished road

*raises hand*

The perks is really tempting; but I am neither a programmer nor an artist. However, I still would like to have the chance of donating back to the community here, or at the very least the person who created the script.

So err... please do reconsider the payment for premier members? ^^
Old 01-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Premium Member

Well. the basis of the Premium Membership is contributing to the script or the community in some way. There are other ways to get premium membership and other talents needed as well. If you are active and helpful by suggesting things, or coming up with good ideas, or advertising you can still gain access to the Premium Scripts. Paying money does not really contribute to the community as there are many people submitting scripts to both the public and premium forums. Unless we were to set up some sort of system where the money would go to advertising or to paying those who contribute or something along those lines. Some of the contributers may find it unfair that someone is making money off of their contributions. That's kind of why it's merit based.

If you prefer to pay money for scripts, you should contact one of the coders on the Development Staff, as I'm pretty sure almost the entire Development Staff take commissions. Coders may also sell THEIR premium mods to normal members at their discretion.

Last edited by Kaeliah; 01-21-2011 at 01:24 PM.