Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Feedback and Suggestions

Notices

Old 01-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,588
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiHeart View Post
I don't know much about documentation, I just know that most ones I've seen are just simple html pages.

Also HoF, any timeline for the next version? I know you were planning to release it last year but life always gets in the way of things (Damn life and living and stuff lol)

rickasawr: Have a look at Kyttias' documentation, it's looking really good.
I cannot give a precise time of when the next version will be released, but it should be this year. If I get a job soon and life starts to click, it can be in the summer, otherwise it will be later. I think the main issue right now is that the development stage of the script is a bit mysterious to you all at this point, it will change soon and in about a month or two I will begin posting updates on the new features implemented for the new version so waiting will not be as boring as it is now.

The fact is that the new version ends up being almost a complete rewrite of the older version, it really feels like version 2.0 rather than 1.4. But I guess you understand why this is necessary coming from the old Rusnak adoptables era. The old code BMR wrote was hard to extend and maintain, so at some point I will have to do this anyway.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:01 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,334
MikiHeart

Thank you for explaining IntoRain

HoF: Thank you. I understand completely. Are database fields staying the same so that we can upgrade at least the base of our sites? (I know we'll have to rewrite mods and stuff)
Old 01-17-2015, 05:10 AM

Well the database fields are completely different, you can have a look at the screenshot I took from phpmyadmin for Mys v1.4.0 dev for some insights. Note there will be even more tables to store some settings for certain features, although these can also appear as flat files in .xml format:

However, this does not mean upgrading database will not be possible. There will be mapping for old Mysidia database tables/fields to new Mysidia database tables/fields. It can be complex, but its doable and easily automated. I will release a beta version without upgrader at first prior to the official stable release, during this two weeks beta testing phase I will try to design an upgrader for database.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:23 AM

Credits: 5,298
Glow is on a distinguished road

The next version is really exciting! <3

And also, will there be a wiki implemented then?
Old 01-17-2015, 06:55 AM

Well you can build a wiki if you want to, for Mys v1.3.x it can be very useful. For Mys v1.4.x though, the script will come with rich documentation for each functionality, so there will be little need for full-fledged wiki pages.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Premium Member

MikiHeart

Oh okay.

it looks extremely feature rich. I like that. Including giving the users the ability to block people. Which I think is a very good idea.

I may instead use my time to practice coding with v1.3.x, so that when v1.4.x comes out, my knowledge will have increased and then build off of that script.

Because just by looking at the database I feel that v1.3.x will be shadowed by v1.4.x
Old 01-18-2015, 12:43 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,992
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Indeed! I'm getting my concepts down in 1.3.x with focus on design over functionality. I feel a lot of it will be transferable - but much of it will have to be done manually.

Transferring users and pets however? Might be nigh impossible.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:46 AM

It is possible to like save all your modified codes into a file, then reinstall the newest version of Mysidia before updating all your modified codes maybe? XD And then adding back content, that is, if your site has not open to public...
Old 01-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

MikiHeart

Glow: Everything custom coded would need to be recoded to work with the new version.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:13 AM

Oh sorry, I'm kind of not really totally understanding whats going on haha thanks XD