Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Notices

Old 12-24-2008, 11:35 PM

Credits: 2,814
Roconza
Default Just wondering

I was interested in making a game that combined flash mmo with a account on a website. I have set a time line of about 5 years depending on how long it takes. I will not go into detail but it's a plan for a 2D mmo game that play on flash like fantasy online. I have no knowledge of flash and I was wondering if I should pay for a talented flash programmer or just try doing it my self. I know it would caust a ton if I tried to hire a programmer.

So I guest my big question is this:

Is there a way to make a flash based game and link it with a website? Like you know neopets lets you play flash games right and the point you earn go to your account right? Well is there a way that I can have things like character stats and other interactive feature that will translate in to the game.

Or maybe go like go like creaturebreeder.com and make the whole this just flash based?

it is a crazy lil plain of mine to combine my site Hewitt and a flash based game.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:04 AM

Credits: 1,343
kab012345
Send a message via AIM to kab012345 Send a message via MSN to kab012345 Send a message via Yahoo to kab012345
Default RE: Just wondering

If you learn code easily, I would suggest trying to learn yourself. You could either look up some tutorials online, or go to your local bookstore or Amazon and buy a book from there. ;) Do you know anything like PHP? If you do, you should be able to learn flash fairly easily. But, make sure you have the money to invest in Adobe Flash and other costs (if that is what you will be using.)
You could always post your project on a freelancer site (really the best place to get a variety of deals), like GetAFreelancer (A top rated site, I'm a member there as well)

That CreatureBreeder.com looks like a pretty nice site, and a nice starting point if this is all overwhelming.
And yes, there is a way to link it together with your pages, most of the online social world games are linked with PHP pages for login, registration and such. I do not however, know how you could do this.