Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Staff Central

Notices

Old 07-03-2014, 02:52 PM

Credits: 22,688
Ruinily is on a distinguished road
Default Felkyo looking for coders!

Yeh I know I probably wont get any coders, but it cant hurt to try? ^_^' Isura managed to fix up most of the site, I just need someone to help finish some complicated stuff off, like the battle system, and possibly help me with smaller bits of coding, like what I need to remake the lottery and moving the map onto my site without the random link coding not working... I have tried to figure it out, theres just so much coding I dont know, and it keeps changing... and I ALWAYS mess it up somehow... Even signature images on this forum are messing up. >.> If anyone can help me out, or help me find Isura I'd be seriously grateful! I can pay in this sites credits, almost any pet sites currency/items/adopts, art, art editing, animation, I'll put the coders name or link or whatever they want on the credits page on my site, or like I did with Isura checking over English and typos. ^_^ I really want to get it sorted out before I start pushing out new items/creatures and advertising again... I've been waiting on Isura, but I'm starting to think she wont come back. :/

Chocolate butterfly cat pudding. o.o

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
http://felkyocreatures.com/index.php

Last edited by Ruinily; 07-03-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,971
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

What version of Mysidia are you using? Sounds like your site has been around for a while. HoF is working toward a battle system already, so I don't think anyone's going to beat him to it.

I'm decently good at stalking people down online, but I'm afraid I need a little more to go on in this case. Isura's images were all hosted through imageshack or tinypic, rather than through a deviantart account, and the one by that name doesn't seem to fit her at all. If you know an e-mail address or an instant messenger handle, try punching it into Google to see what sort of sites she may have posted that information publically on. =/

I'm afraid I probably can't help, though.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:59 PM

Credits: 48,164
Hwona is on a distinguished road

Just curious, how much can you upgrade your site without totally breaking everything?
Old 07-04-2014, 01:42 AM

I think its been around since 2011? Its v1.3.2. Lol I dont think I can really change anything much without it breaking... its a bizarre and unique blend of all sorts of coding now and it'd take anyone a while to wrap their heads around it I think... If I wanted to upgrade it I'd basically have to start over from scratch. -.-' And I know I'd break it so many times... it took me months of broken coding just to get up this version I have... And a lot of what I've seen goes away from editing stuff at the basic level and moves it all into somewhere else that almost just gives options... delegation annoys me, even if it is more convenient and effective... and I really dont want all the fancy stuff like drop down menus that annoy me on every webpage because I always misclick with them, or they dont load fast enough and then glitch around like they're trying to dodge me. D: I like things simple and reliable, and that I can edit from the ground up. I used to be fine with basic CSS coding, and I'm great with html, and even sometimes javascript, but once OOP moved in I lost it. ^_^' Isura was stuck on the same coding so she knew her way around it, and we were kind of helping each other. She actually made a great battle system on her own site, and was making a similar one for mine. It was nice and simple, it was working more on originality than copying pokemon lol. You even had to go and explore her world to learn new attacks. I was the beta tester. ^_^ And just to prove it I have some of the old urls still on this browser... 'http://treeofarvalus.de/arena/arena_battle/52' It was amazing to say she programmed it all herself, you charged up attacks that then attacked for however much the charge was, or you put it all into defense, you could increase or decrease stats with consumable items,(though mine was going to have weapons too) and even choose what attacks to teach/buy your pets. And there was player vrs player, AND player vrs npcs/characters, I've got some of the bosses already drawn up... I really wish I pushed her more into getting it on mine now. -.-' I've got a sort of half way working battle system already, I think, I just checked and I have the database mostly set up, and even a leading in front page before you go into the fight... So I think its just the main battle page that I'm missing. -.-' And the pages where you teach your pet attacks... Mine were going to be guild based pages,(ex:you need to be in the fire guild to learn fire attacks, or something like that). So its mostly just recalling the values and making some working front end pages, unfortunately thats the bit I have no idea about. >.<' If anyones brave enough to attempt to finish it they're welcome to the battle system. :P Though theres not much of it up, I dont know if its even possible to recreate it with the tiny bit I have... Though impressively for me I've got to grips with importing my map to my site! I just need to finish the big move. ^_^ Then its the lottery system next, (Or the mini pet capture system, but I can do that by myself, I hope lol) my main problem with that I think is stopping people having access to a ton of items/creatures/gems by refreshing the page... Though I can probably find a work around lol. Its mainly the battle system I wish I could get finished, and then any other features I fancy, like that sort of alchemy/crafting system I've seen on here for newer versions...

Thanks Kyttias, I tried using her name and her email, but it didnt turn up anything I think...Its like shes disappeared without any warning. O.o I havent seen anywhere that shes been on in a few months... I'm kind of worried about her. :/ She was so passionate about her site, she even got a lawyer to help sort out some German laws on it to make sure it wouldnt get shut down, I dont know what could have stopped her... And she hasnt replied to any emails for months...

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
Old 06-29-2015, 02:48 PM

Lol still wishing I had a coder to help me sort this mess of a site out... it needs seriously updating and sorting out... it will probably take a week or so I'd bet, unless the coder is really talented, or has friends to help, or doesnt sleep. >.> And theres so many features I want to add on I just cant bring myself to do anything until I get to work on them. :/ That and I have so much work to do for other people I just dont have time anymore... My sites pretty much dead now, and will remain so until I find an amazing, kind coder to help inspire me... Lol I cant even get the header to change with the seasons, never mind try and introduce a battle system or inject a cloth equipping mod, or an alchemy type thing... heck I cant even manage to make a page that rewards people with stuff without it being easily exploited... -.-' I'm even thinking of paying, though I cant pay the hundreds some people do for sites. >.<' And no I doubt anyone with a modern site will want my rubbish 'hand drawn' style art as payment. :P The style of my own site doesnt matter since its always been for me to create my own world, if people want to join in with it thats fine. XD I guess I have been experimenting with an even more detailed hand-drawn style, but I doubt in the clean or pixel design based sites of today it'll be any good... But if anyone wants something similar for a little picture or something thats fine...

Yeh still havent finished him, I've gotten the skirt-like bits done now in the actual image, still need to do the boots, then he's done. This is just a game character of my own design, and an example of my more detailed style... I may also animate him like I do with everything if I have time. XD

Tags
code, coder, felkyo, isura