Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 03-11-2014, 07:55 AM

Credits: 4,290
Zyraph is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahbikat View Post
Maybe this symbol could be used?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Background.png

EDIT: Here we go. Put myself to use and made this lol
I like that icon! I think I'd probably offer genderless dragons for my site...maybe allow for different genders to have different art (and some androgynous selections for the genderless ones) :3

Oh, snap! I just thought of an epic thing that could be included, though it might be more long-term.
What about, as far as adoptable generation, what if it were generated as one long code? Like, the adoptable type, its base stats, things like that? It would probably save on performance for SQL, because if the site is just updating a chain of alphanumeric code as one entry, instead of having to write a long list of things separated by column breaks, it might reduce the amount of data needed to be transferred between PHP and SQL, which could reduce load times. Just have the PHP side decode/encode when needed, and off it goes.

Again, it'd probably not be easy to program in at this moment, but then again since stats are currently being worked on, maybe nipping this at the start would be far easier than trying to get it to be done later on? Of course, the other side is, being able to generate those codes on the fly and also having fields change when certain stats are created/edited/deleted would probably make things a lot harder for updating, because it'd have to update the code on a massive scale, but...even at that, if the site was down for maintenance anyway, it could just do the regeneration process of the codes, making sure all the values matched.

I'm not sure how this would (could?) be implemented, but I do believe it's possible. Especially if this is going through a process of conversion into MCV anyway, it could just have a compression layer on top of the stats layer, which would compress the output of the stats when they're created, then push them to the database. Then, when requested, it could be pulled from the database, and then decompressed into its original stats, and then editable.

Just my thoughts. Really don't know if it's doable, but...it'd certainly be interesting :3

Last edited by Zyraph; 03-11-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: New idea :3
Old 03-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,325
MikiHeart

Haven't read the thread, too many pages XD

But.. What about an MCP?

Moderation has to be implanted at some point. It's actually really important.
Ability to report pet names, stuff on a users profile, user abuse.
If adding a new system, or forum (Hopefully we'll get the latter apart of the script at some point <33. Still hoping), the ability to report comments and posts.

I also think that there should be a section where staff can view private messages. (Yes, I know, some people go "That's invasion of Privacy!" But if you have a dispute between users, you want to be able to see what was said. No he said she said. Also, it's actually common practice and I would recommend it. (Don't think that Neopets isn't reading everything you send through your site. You start pedoing and I bet they'll be on you like a hawk!)

Moderation is extremely important, and having mod levels is better than giving them admin levels. I'd rather have 10 mods under me doing all the little things, then risk giving them access to important things O_O
Old 03-21-2014, 11:54 AM

Credits: 19,256
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiHeart View Post

I also think that there should be a section where staff can view private messages. (Yes, I know, some people go "That's invasion of Privacy!" But if you have a dispute between users, you want to be able to see what was said. No he said she said. Also, it's actually common practice and I would recommend it.
Just a thing about this, you can see the private messages users send in your site in the database, evertyhing is stored there

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:31 PM

Credits: 48,898
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if this has been suggested or is being implemented but can there be the option to "release adoptable to the wild"? This would actually delete the adoptable permanently. This will help keep the pound clear of unwanteds I think.

And maybe releasing (deleting) the adoptables can only be done at a certain level specified by the admin.

So for example, I'd only be able to release/delete adult creatures. Adult creatures are all level 3 and up on my site. I can't release a juvenile, which would be level 2, and definitely not an egg at level 1.

If there's already an option for a user to delete their adoptables then totally ignore me. :P
Old 03-26-2014, 02:12 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,325
MikiHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoRain View Post
Just a thing about this, you can see the private messages users send in your site in the database, evertyhing is stored there
Yes, I know this. But it's better to actually have an admin panel without the need to login to phpmyadmin.

That's the whole point of having an admin panel XD Otherwise everything would be done in phpmyadmin (I've known sites like that, and I have to say, what a hassle)
Old 03-26-2014, 06:49 AM

Credits: 19,256
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, I know this. But it's better to actually have an admin panel without the need to login to phpmyadmin.

That's the whole point of having an admin panel XD Otherwise everything would be done in phpmyadmin (I've known sites like that, and I have to say, what a hassle)
Sorry, I said it in case you didn't know and were needing it at the moment.

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:37 AM

Credits: 4,290
Zyraph is on a distinguished road

Quote:

But.. What about an MCP?

Moderation has to be implanted at some point. It's actually really important.
Ability to report pet names, stuff on a users profile, user abuse.
If adding a new system, or forum (Hopefully we'll get the latter apart of the script at some point <33. Still hoping), the ability to report comments and posts.

I also think that there should be a section where staff can view private messages. (Yes, I know, some people go "That's invasion of Privacy!" But if you have a dispute between users, you want to be able to see what was said. No he said she said. Also, it's actually common practice and I would recommend it. (Don't think that Neopets isn't reading everything you send through your site. You start pedoing and I bet they'll be on you like a hawk!)

Moderation is extremely important, and having mod levels is better than giving them admin levels. I'd rather have 10 mods under me doing all the little things, then risk giving them access to important things O_O
I can kinda agree with this, and I do believe something like this needs to be implemented. However, I do not believe admins need access to every PM. Moderation is an issue that should always be taken very seriously, but to compromise freedoms just because of moderation isn't exactly what most administrators should have in mind.

I propose a middle ground. This is something implemented in most forum systems that actually are up to scratch, but I'd say what needs to be implemented is a report function in general. Not just for pet names, and not just for user accounts. One that is able to call attention to pretty much anything, be it posts, PMs, users, pretty much whatever anyone has entered at one point in time, can be reported. Basically, a feature that, once someone is reported, all information about them can be viewed easily (except PMs, those must be reported on a case-by-case basis). If someone reports a PM from a user, the moderators can see the entire PM chain, with the offending/reported PM highlighted.

This would make sure it's not just "oh, this is what the user said," it's so we can get entire context. Sometimes, it's not just about a quote. Those can be misconstrued, especially in a very limited media such as text. We need context before making an unbiased opinion, and possible ruling, so I'd say something like this would be a greater need than simply seeing all PMs ever created. Plus, it cuts down on unneeded queries to the database. Sure, maybe a few hundred PMs wouldn't be so bad, but if you get thousands (or hundreds of thousands, like through DragonAdopters) and you'd not know what to look for.

I used to be a moderator for DrA, and then disappeared after the second year of operation or so. I also used to run the IRC channel it had. That's why I know some things on this ;3 Also, to my knowledge, DrA had a specific reporting function that worked with a "Report Forum." It would assign the reporter in a thread, quoting and linking an offending post or PM. This made moderation very simple, as we could easily decide on what to do for moderation, and talk to other mods in that thread. No user could ever see that thread unless they were a moderator, and even the reporter didn't have access, though we would PM the reporter to let them know the situation was handled. Maybe if we had a similar system we could implement, that would be very awesome.

EDIT: Also thought of an idea that would totally be awesome. Not sure if it's been mentioned/planned already, but how about URL shortener/API support? Like, for YOURLs or any kind of URL shortener. Some have their own API, and if there was a way to integrate that in, we could make shorter links to the adoptable pages, user pages, etc. I think it'd be epic!

Last edited by Zyraph; 04-05-2014 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Added idea: URL shortener/API support.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,343
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm MCP is planned for Mys v1.4.0. I am definitely interested in hearing opinions on what kind of moderations you would like to have in the next version.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:08 PM
I am a Fish.

Credits: 2,415
KaceKuma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I will likely to revise the cash system in Mys v1.4.0, to make it easier to use multiple currencies. If not, I will still release a Mod to make this happen.
I saw you posted this in a thread in the past and would like to request this is going to be added in. I haven't had a chance to see if this has already been confirmed or already suggested yet, but I wanted to ask to see if it would be.
~KaceKuma
Old 04-15-2014, 04:10 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,343
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Actually I've been thinking, why do people want a multiple-currency system? I mean, it's definitely not difficult to make, just I dont see how useful it is. Maybe it's just me, if anyone can give a very good reason for it I will seriously consider the idea. ^^

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.