Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-15-2015, 03:44 PM

Credits: 1,387
missie is on a distinguished road
Question Error message on using admin tools

Ookay, so I successfully managed to install the script, and everything seems to be working except ...

When I clicked on "Admin Control Panel", I got this error message:

PHP Code:
Warning: require(../inc/config.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /srv/disk7/1857677/www/[I]webpagename[/I]/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

Fatal error
: require(): Failed opening required '../inc/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.4.37/share/pear'in /srv/disk7/1857677/www/[I]webpagename[/I]/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97 

Please help!
Old 04-15-2015, 04:47 PM

Credits: 48,699
Hwona is on a distinguished road

Umm, are you sure you checked all permissions?
Old 04-15-2015, 06:08 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,032
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Well

Warning: require(../inc/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/disk7/1857677/www/[I]webpagename[/I]/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

that part I bolded should not be what it is. At all. So if you were following a tutorial someplace that asked you to put the name of your web page someplace and you copied and pasted without doing that, then, that's the issue.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
Well

Warning: require(../inc/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/disk7/1857677/www/[I]webpagename[/I]/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

that part I bolded should not be what it is. At all. So if you were following a tutorial someplace that asked you to put the name of your web page someplace and you copied and pasted without doing that, then, that's the issue.
Actually, that's just because I just changed it when I was copying and pasting it. It appears find with the web page address when I open it for privacy issues. Sorry for confusing you!

But even with the website address put in correctly, it's still not working and I'm not sure why this is the case.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallie987 View Post
Umm, are you sure you checked all permissions?
I set the permission of the gif, jpg and png folders to 777 and made the config.php set back to 644 after I was done. Is there any other permission taht I need to change?
Old 04-15-2015, 11:28 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,032
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Well, I definitely can't tell if the include path is correct or not if you're modifying the error, so... I'm of no use. Without knowing more, and assuming it's nothing to do with any files that have been modified, I would say this could have something to do with the .htaccess file being ignored by Apache. Perhaps it's also just a permissions issue with the .htaccess file, so you could make sure it's set to 644, perhaps 666. Inevitably, though, if the main site is working but the AdminCP is not, then we might need more information.

What hosting did you settle on, by the way? That information is also relevant, in case it has to do with their Apache settings and if they're respecting the .htaccess file properly.

You might have to ask Hall of Famer directly about this one, in the end. I also ended up with a host where I couldn't access the AdminCP.

Inevitably, if you just want to develop a site for the fun of it before paying for hosting, I'll always recommend you just host it yourself by turning your computer into a mini web server, rather than trying to use 'free' online hosting.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 331,795
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Sometimes reinstalling the script can fix the issue for certain users, you may give that a try. Also the fix for x10hosting is worth trying too. This problem is very specific and the fix for each user may vary:
http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/for...39&postcount=2

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.