Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 11:06 PM

Credits: 1,132
ProWeb
Angry My Laundry List Of Suggestions

Great script, just paid to support it!

I've loaded it and played with it a little. Here is my first list of suggestions. I hope my comments below aren't duplicates of other suggestions already posted, but here's what I think would make the current script much better:

Install: I received the following error for pretty much every SQL command I ran:

Quote:
#1074 - Too big column length for column 'content' (max = 255). Use BLOB instead
I had to change pretty much every size over 255 to 255 to get the SQL commands to run.

When logging in: I tried about 3 times to login because I expect that the login prompts will go away if the login is successful. It wasn't until try #4 that I saw the tiny text in the main content area saying I was logged in. I imagine this would happen to most users trying to login for the first time since it is common practice to remove the login prompts if login is successful.

When editing the "main global settings" and navigating back to the page, the settings do not seem to stick.

Creating Creatures:

Will it be possible to upload images instead of pointing to url?

It would be great to edit existing adoptables (add/ change images, add levels, etc)

PLEASE add a preview of creatures (and all levels) after creation. I have no idea if the creature images are correct or in the right order or anything after creation. Very frustrating.

MISC:
I entered descriptions of the creatures, but don't see where they show up. I would expect them to show up while browsing creatures, no?

When grabbing HTML or BBCODE, an auto select / copy all text in text area would be cool. For now I simply made the text areas 8 rows tall so members are sure to select all the text (otherwise they will only select the stuff they see, the first 4 lines).

An easy way to change the text generated for html and bbcode.

And this is a huge / easy one: Why isn't the creature image clickable? Who wouldn't want a click of the image to take them directly to the level up?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 AM

Credits: 11,160
Quillink
Default RE: My Laundry List Of Suggestions

I guess you could call it a mod, but I've played with the code to make the BBCODE the users are given display only a clickable image, rather than the image, name and clickable link. It's very simple, so if this is what you're after then I can dig it out for you.

EDIT: an example's in my sig. ;)
Old 01-20-2009, 11:19 AM

ProWeb

Hey Quillink, thanks for the reply! I've modified the BBCODE to just show a clickable image (no text).

Here are some other features that we'd love to see integrated into the script:

1) Creatures die without “attention” after x days. (I think this is important)
2) Mating different creatures to generate random combinations
3) Limits on how many people can have access to one creature.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 PM

Credits: 10,557
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

All good suggestions. I bet Johnathon has already put some of these in the next release of the adoptables script. He's going to be the project lead for the foreseeable future so it'll be up to him what goes in the next release. Also, I'm not sure what his upgrade path will be since he re-coded parts of the script from scratch. I planned on making each new version compatible with the last, but I'm not sure if Johnathon will make his new version compatible with the current version, although I am pretty sure upgrades will be possible.

As to:
Quote:
#1074 - Too big column length for column 'content' (max = 255). Use BLOB instead
Looks like this is due to you running an old version of MySQL. Most hosts I've seen are running MySQL 5.0.3+ where this is fixed, didn't even know older versions had this issue.

Also, the adoptables currently should be clickable in the BBCode generated links, if I recall correctly. :)

Brandon
Old 01-21-2009, 06:11 PM

Credits: 11,160
Quillink

"3) Limits on how many people can have access to one creature. "

Aha! I'd like that very much. No point having a 'limited edition Christmas pet' if everyone adopts 50, right? xD
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 PM

ProWeb

Another thing I was discussing with BMR777 via email:

One big thing I was surprised to see missing was the ability to set custom levels per creature.

One way to make it easy could be a “click multiplier” So, using the default levels/clicks 1,2,3,4…9 you could have a single number multiplier (to increase or decrease the clicks required) per creature.

Example:
Say I set the "multiplier" to a value of 2.0. This would cause the creature to take twice as many clicks to get to each level (relative to the default). If I put 10, it would take 10 times as many clicks. If I put .5, it would take half as many clicks for that creature.

Maybe having full level settings per creature is just as difficult /easy to implement, but I think I’d absolutely need a feature like this. Some new users will want “easy” pets and some long term members will want “more challenging” pets.

BMR777 replied that a short term solution would simply be to have "easy" pets level out sooner than "hard" pets.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:14 PM

Credits: 10,498
rosepose

""3) Limits on how many people can have access to one creature. "

Aha! I'd like that very much. No point having a 'limited edition Christmas pet' if everyone adopts 50, right? xD"

Yes, that's right.... And if there's going to be a trading system in the new version, that would REALLY be an issue..... No point in having a limited edition Christmas pet if everyone's going to get loads and then gift them off to other people.