Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 11:58 PM

Credits: 3,784
Ashe is on a distinguished road

Yup. That's what I did. It appears on the site but not in the code that allows it viewable on other sites. Here's a page where I put the code it gave me to place on websites.

http://adragonsden.com/adopt/click.html

It names the img file ( http://www.adragonsden.com/adopt/siggy.php?id=8 )
Old 09-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 331,412
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Oh you are talking about the bbcode? It seems that you have disabled the allow_url_fopen property in php.ini. For this reason you won't be able to read your image file from a different url. Do you have access to your php.ini file? If so, find the keyword 'allow_url_fopen' and set this value to be 'on'. And then, problem solved.

Here's what I found after seeing your siggy.php warning/error log, which confirms my conclusion:

PHP Code:
<br />
<
b>Warning</b>:  readfile() [<a href='function.readfile'>function.readfile</a>]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in <b>/home/itsumoon/public_html/ash/dd/adopt/siggy.php</b> on line <b>146</b><br />
<br />
<
b>Warning</b>:  readfile(http://www.adragonsden.com/adopt/stage1/pika1.jpg) [<a href='function.readfile'>function.readfile</a>]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in <b>/home/itsumoon/public_html/ash/dd/adopt/siggy.php</b> on line <b>146</b><br />
<br />
<
b>Warning</b>:  Cannot modify header information headers already sent by (output started at /home/itsumoon/public_html/ash/dd/adopt/siggy.php:146in <b>/home/itsumoon/public_html/ash/dd/adopt/siggy.php</bon line <b>151</b><br />
Readfile appears to be disabled on your host

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:17 AM

Where is that file located in the directory?
Old 09-17-2012, 12:30 AM

Well php.ini may be located in your ftp root directory's subfolder called 'php'. Some webhosts do not allow their clients to modify php.ini manually, and if this is the case you won't see php.ini from ftp. You'd have to consult your webhost and ask them to modify the php.ini settings. I was wondering though, who is your webhost provider? Or do you host your site on a local machine? It's rare for allow_url_fopen to be disabled by any kind of hosting services, there must be a mistake.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:36 AM

My host is from another domain (itsumo-online.net) but I'm close friends with him so I can ask about the php.ini settings. I have access to his cpanel but I don't know where to modify that setting xD
Old 09-17-2012, 12:44 AM

I see, so you are not using any hosting services that I know of. XD Your friend may have disabled allow_url_fopen for a reason, you need to consult him and ask whether it is possible to enable allow_url_fopen property in php.ini. This is crucial if you want to use bbcode on other sites/forums, otherwise they won't be able to see your images and other uploaded stuff.

There is a chance you may be able to edit your php.ini through cpanel. Do you see a module called 'php configuration'? If so, click it and see if you can do anything about php configuration there. For me, this is not an option and I have to consult my own host to update php settings. XD

If you wanna know what your php.ini setting currently is, create an empty php file and enter this code below:

PHP Code:
<?php
 phpinfo
();
?>
The page should look like this below:

Old 09-17-2012, 12:52 AM

It says its in /usr/local/lib/php.ini but I have no idea where that is located xD I don't see any folders like this.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:58 AM

Well this is usually a hidden directory only accessible to the webhost itself. I was wondering if you could use a custom php.ini file though, download the attachment below and upload it to your public_html directory. Some webhosts allow you to use custom php.ini which overwrites part of their default settings, not all of them do though. Lemme know if this solves your problem, otherwise you'd have to consult your friend and persuade him to enable allow_url_fopen.
Attached Files
File Type: ini php.ini (193 Bytes, 1 views)

Old 09-17-2012, 01:02 AM

nope doesnt work xD I'll try to contact him tomorrow. And I still need to solve the login problem so i'll ask him too
Old 09-17-2012, 01:08 AM

Alright good luck on that. I apologize that I cannot help you more, this script does require an appropriate server environment to run flawlessly. Does not mean you won't be able to use it, but some features depend on your server variables. XD