Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Newcomer Center

Notices

Old 03-09-2014, 09:05 PM

Credits: 4,290
Zyraph is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
I think 1.4 could be out as early as this summer, but you never know what comes up. It wouldn't hurt to make a closed beta version of your site with the current version and get the look and feel down, I think. If there are modifications you'd like specific to your site, there are a couple of really nice people around the forums who should be able to help you. Your idea already sounds interesting. ^^
Why thank you very much! My idea is mainly to have dragons that can actually "glitch" into different alignments based on the duration they are wearing certain items. The name is naturally "Dragon Glitch" :3

I'd make a lot of the mods myself, but I'm a complete newb with PHP, and my art sucks...but I'm already setting up my forums, and I'll probably work with 1.3.4 after things are set up for that to my satisfaction. I'm hoping to offer a few tricks not yet seen with adoptables, and maybe even a couple that would make a lot of people very happy :3
Old 03-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,409
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Mysidia Adoptables. My recommendation is similar to Kyttias', its better that you work on your site with Mys v1.3.4 right now rather than wait for Mys v1.4.0. You will gain a very good experience at how to build an adoptables site, and by the time the new script arrives you will be ready to make it popular.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Welcome to Mysidia Adoptables. My recommendation is similar to Kyttias', its better that you work on your site with Mys v1.3.4 right now rather than wait for Mys v1.4.0. You will gain a very good experience at how to build an adoptables site, and by the time the new script arrives you will be ready to make it popular.
I actually decided to take that advice, though I seem to be having some weird issues trying to get it to work correctly. I'm going to try a few things before posting something official, since what I did before was upload a version with the anti-brute-force scripts modding the core files. I'm hoping a clean install with an unmodded version will work, then I can modify it from there.

Once I get a decent amount of things ready, then I'll probably look into seeing if anything can be easily modded before the 1.4 update. I'm just hoping this time I can actually login to the vanilla version X3
Old 03-10-2014, 04:42 PM

Credits: 19,257
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Welcome to mysidia! :D I see you have many ideas for your site, I like them!

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoRain View Post
Welcome to mysidia! :D I see you have many ideas for your site, I like them!
Thank you! I've worked on the basic ideas for about a week before touching anything relating to scripting, so...I'm hoping that in the coming months, they'll be feasible X3
Old 04-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,954
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

*slight nudge* Yo, I know this is your starter thread from nearly a month ago but I'm back again because I noticed your location says you're in Indiana.

Coincidentally, I'm moving to Lafayette this summer! I'm travelling across the country for the move, and I don't really know anyone in the area other than the person I'm moving in with. I don't even have any family in Indiana. x'D
Old 04-05-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
*slight nudge* Yo, I know this is your starter thread from nearly a month ago but I'm back again because I noticed your location says you're in Indiana.

Coincidentally, I'm moving to Lafayette this summer! I'm travelling across the country for the move, and I don't really know anyone in the area other than the person I'm moving in with. I don't even have any family in Indiana. x'D
Oh, that's cool! Yeah, I'm in Indianapolis! I haven't been around that area too much, so I'm not quite sure what's around Lafayette, but most of Indiana is mainly crop fields. Though we do have a few cities and towns, and what cities we do have are usually pretty lengthy and in wide areas. Unless you're down south, in which case you'll see a few hills.

I will say the small towns are the best though. Honestly, walking around in a small town is amazing. I actually had to go to Vincennes for college, and it was a lot smaller than Indianapolis, and I had a blast! I usually walked around in the park near the campus, because it was fun to be there at night (even though nobody was technically allowed, but it was still fun)!

So, ya...If that's your hint of "can we meet?" I wouldn't mind, though I know some people would be afraid considering they may feel it's unsafe. Honestly, I've met a few people in person that I first met online, and none of them were bad. In fact, I actually had better experiences with people I met online than ones I met in person first (except a few people I knew personally first, but that's few and far between) :3 Don't worry, I won't bite X3

Also, honestly hoping that didn't sound creeperish! I tend to seem a little weird on things like that, so please forgive me!

Last edited by Zyraph; 04-05-2014 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Clarifying
Old 04-06-2014, 01:25 AM
Premium Member

The person I'm moving in with attends Purdue University, and its in West Lafayette. I met them online, also! I flew in through Indianapolis the first time we met offline, and I stayed for two weeks. (I'm horrible at social interaction offline, so, I've also had better experiences with people I've met online, aha!)

(( Apparently there's an anime convention called ACEN over in Chicago in May, and I'll be going to that. (Not quite local, but it's only a few hours away.) On the off chance that was already up your alley, that is. ))

I'd say sure, we could meet sometime. But we only know one another through here, and that's hardly enough to go on. So we both have crazy dreams of someday owning a successfully awesome website. It's a start. But what are you into? (I'm not actually that into anime, despite mentioning the convention. I've only watched a couple things in their entirety. I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series, and they're based out of Japan, so... there's that.)

Recently I've just binged watched all of Transformers Prime on Netflix, because I saw the older generations in my early childhood and was told the 2010 run was actually pretty good. And I just discovered there's going to be a Transformers MMO, and the next wave of beta testing starts in a couple days. I'm excited over something I just got into, ahaha. (Speaking of MMOs, used to play WoW, and I'm thinking about trying out Elder Scrolls Online.)
Old 04-06-2014, 01:41 AM

Quote:
The person I'm moving in with attends Purdue University, and its in West Lafayette. I met them online, also! I flew in through Indianapolis the first time we met offline, and I stayed for two weeks. (I'm horrible at social interaction offline, so, I've also had better experiences with people I've met online, aha!)

(( Apparently there's an anime convention called ACEN over in Chicago in May, and I'll be going to that. (Not quite local, but it's only a few hours away.) On the off chance that was already up your alley, that is. ))

I'd say sure, we could meet sometime. But we only know one another through here, and that's hardly enough to go on. So we both have crazy dreams of someday owning a successfully awesome website. It's a start. But what are you into? (I'm not actually that into anime, despite mentioning the convention. I've only watched a couple things in their entirety. I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series, and they're based out of Japan, so... there's that.)

Recently I've just binged watched all of Transformers Prime on Netflix, because I saw the older generations in my early childhood and was told the 2010 run was actually pretty good. And I just discovered there's going to be a Transformers MMO, and the next wave of beta testing starts in a couple days. I'm excited over something I just got into, ahaha. (Speaking of MMOs, used to play WoW, and I'm thinking about trying out Elder Scrolls Online.)
That's actually pretty awesome! And don't worry, I'm actually very shy offline. I've honestly never been to any sort of anime convention. There's only one convention I've been to, and it was a furry con (it was hosted literally in my city and someone offered to take me). Not that bad of an experience, actually.

I do like anime though, and I binged watched Naruto (all 300+ episodes at the time) when I was in college. It's now got over 500 episodes and is still in production, though it'll probably be wrapped up sometime this year I think. Other than that one, I don't have any real favorites, but I do like watching anime on occasion.

I never played WoW though, but a great friend of mine has (he's actually my boyfriend. Yes, I'm gay X3) but he mainly played it for the lore. As for me, my guilty MMO pleasure is Guild Wars 2. I don't play it too often though, but I do have at least one character at level cap.

As for more basic things about me, I can be random and weird, but I try my best to be friendly. Not always social though, unless something holds a great interest to me. For example, the site I'm hoping to create (which I'm actually starting to shell out money for, now that I have figured out what I really want to do with it). I'm really hoping to get things working with my site. I'm more technical with code, and I love to write. I'm not too great with PHP (yet) but I'm hoping to learn a little bit as I go along. I'm great with configuring services though (like the MySQL databases, accounts, actual software to run sites like forums, etc).

But ya...not sure what else to say exactly though. If you have questions, feel free to ask!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Premium Member

*high fives* And I'm lesbian (and its actually my gf I'm moving in with but I didn't want to come right out and say it), so no worries.

I've always had interest in web development, I think. I'm 23, but the first website I made was in 3rd grade (and I asked my mom's permission and she said no, so I waited about four months before going ahead and doing it anyway) - it was just a little Pokemon fan site. By 7th grade I was running about four Yugioh websites, which were just shrines to individual characters. It just seemed to be a thing at the time. By 10th grade, I was just using the hosting I had to store my homework, make a few presentations, etc. I took a web design class which used Dreamweaver, and it was all done out of a book, and the teacher had no idea what he was doing... and it was just kind of laughable when I'd been doing all my HTML in notepad since the dawn of time, yknow?

I stopped working on websites for a while, until just a couple years ago when a friend of mine decided to go into college for that. But... what they were taught in their first year of college? Was nothing I hadn't taught myself. By the time they eventually dropped out, they still hadn't learned more than I knew by the end of high school on my own... which I found really strange.

So I decided to get back into things recently (in the last three years or so). I've dabbled with PHP and MySQL and even my own web server through WAMP on my laptop. I've hosted forum scripts and poked at how they worked, then wrote a few basic things myself, and then of course, played with Mysidia here.

But... with the latest advances in server-side Javascript (nodeJS), Javascript frameworks in general (jQuery, Angular, Ember, Backbone, Knockout), and Javascript databases (the JSON format, and even services like Firebase), I've decided I'm going to focus my effort more towards that than PHP. The traditional MySQL/PHP hookup isn't going away any time soon, but alternatives have started to appear on the block. My decision to go the cutting-edge route has the major disadvantage of a distinct lack of documentation and less open-source resources available, but... it'll grow in time. With how fast the tech industry moves, this is a wave I want to surf on top of by the time it gets popular, ya?

I'm also an artist, but I'm unfortunately not that great at dragons. Anime style humans (and chibis in various sizes) and cute monsters, sure, but dragons... I wish. It's nothing some practice and some style reference couldn't remedy, but I sadly don't do pixel art (gif) very well. However, vector art (svg) and raster art (png), yes - and my coloring style is hard to reference without some digging some more (and its different between vector, where its simple cell shading, and raster, where I get into semi-realism).

I'd be willing to help out with your project, in that jack-of-all-trades sort of way. It's not often you get an artist who knows what's going on with both the front end and back end code. If you wanna talk about your project with me a bit more, I'm signed up with lots of instant messaging services.

Last edited by Kyttias; 04-07-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Tags