Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Aspiring

Credits: 11,048
Nieth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Nieth

That'd be much appreciated, I actually was able to make the theme work, but with the new update v1.3.2, the Navbar links are un-editable. So your navbar streches off the screen because there are no dropdown menus like on the Main theme. Also, it's nearly impossible to add things to the sidebar and make them look nice. They have to either be added to the top, above "Name's Links" or to the bottom, under how many people are online and all of that. I was looking forward to using it and editing it to my liking, but there's way too much extra coding that would need to be done to make it look neat an organized. I'm pretty much new to coding in general, so that's out of my league..

I was looking for a base or something that I could use to make a template that I like, but when I tried to use green, I realized quickly that 'green' didn't have it's original Style.css file, since none of the images in the associate file were used.

I want to make a template, but I have nothing to base it off off, and I can't make one from absolute scratch because I'm terrible at coding. I'm in such a paradox. x.x
Old 12-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 334,543
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Oh my goodness, just found that Spookywood was a theme for Mys v1.1.x. I thought you were making your own theme lol. You shouldnt try to install it, it is not compatible with Mys v1.3.x. You either have to wait for Tequila to redo the theme for Mys v1.3.2, or use your own/default theme.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Aspiring

Oh, alright. I suppose that means that there aren't any Themes compatible with the new MSA, except for the default ones. If I knew more PHP I'd probably try designing my own layout for it. Maybe I'll mess around with Main and try to figure out all the titles of the areas and figure out what I can/can't change the background/images off. I don't know any php or css, so I'll just mess around.

If someone could provide an elaborate base example, I may be able to start making Themes.

I also think I'm going to post a well-written guide on how to install the MyBB script too, because a lot of people seem to have trouble installing it and linking it to the other database.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:54 PM
WebMaster

Credits: 10,127
powerchaos
Send a message via AIM to powerchaos Send a message via MSN to powerchaos

well
a theme can be easy created

Code:
<head>
<title>:BROWSERTITLE:</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/main/media/style-city.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/menu.css" type="text/css" />
<!--[if lte IE 6]>
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="media/dropdown_ie.css" />
<![endif]-->

</head>
you see the name :BROWSERTITLE: and a lot of other things int he template

those things are dynamic and taken care of in class/class_page like the following code shows

Code:
 private function getbody($template){
     // The temporary way to get AdminCP body, this will be revised in Mys v1.3.3
     $patterns = array("/:INDEX:/", "/:ADOPT:/", "/:LEVEL:/", "/:OWNEDADOPT:/", "/:IMAGE:/", "/:USER:/", "/:USERGROUP:/", "/:ITEM:/", "/:SHOP:/", "/:INVENTORY:/", "/:CONTENT:/", "/:MENU:/", "/:PROMO:/", "/:SETTINGS:/", "/:AD:/");
you see those line of codes , that are the dynamic codes
be sure to keep them in your template to show the things that are needed

at current moment is it not possible to edit everything in the html file , so you need to edit a lot of places to make the template exactly like you want

but atleast you can change now the css and a bit of the look of the template as long you keep the :texthere: items in the template

hopely it helps

Greetings From PowerChaos
Old 12-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Aspiring

I noticed that there are a lot of different CSS files in the Main Theme folder, is there only one that I need to edit to make the theme look the way I want, or do I have to edit all of them? Thanks for the pointers too!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM
WebMaster

Credits: 10,127
powerchaos
Send a message via AIM to powerchaos Send a message via MSN to powerchaos

those are used in the tempalte

Code:
href="css/menu.css" type="text/css" />
href="templates/main/media/style-city.css"
href="media/dropdown_ie.css"
depending how you create your template does it deside how mutch css files you include

probaly you like to include the menu.css to get the tabs to show ( if it are the tabs , got no idea :S )

but mainly you only need to include 1 CSS that contains all variables , else the template will not look like you want to have it

if the template does not work like it need to be , then include the other css files also :D

so far i am aware , the theme_city.css is the template css , the other 2 css files are for the tabs

Greetings From PowerChaos
Old 12-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Aspiring

Thanks for the information powerchaos. Is there a way to edit the css for the things it calls for? Like the :SIDEBAR: and stuff like that? I see that a lot of things are labeled in the css files, but I can't make out what a lot of them mean. x.x