Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 03:09 PM

Credits: 66,352
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, none of them bother me really. xD I just brought them up. I can probably worm my way through and delete them - and I'm otherwise fine about waiting for later. I can change them if they bug me later.

I can have a go at manually upgrading, which is probably what I'll do. I mean, I just need to reinsert all of the user and pet data into the site, right? Everything else is easy enough to recreate. Members won't notice the difference. xD

EDIT: also - default text for the editor. Can that be removed?

Last edited by AlexC; 03-11-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:12 PM

Credits: 19,512
Inf3rnal is on a distinguished road

Viewing profile.php?user=whatever causes:
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Adding new themes via AdminCP still bugged. Says the destination is wrong even though it is correct.

Just a slight nitpick but the templates folder is full of junk and unused themes. Needs to be cleaned.

Other then then those everything seems to be in order.
Work in Progress:
Redesign of the core functions
Couple more themes
Old 03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,598
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

@Gloometh:
Okay then, it is your call. I usually get rid of these debug variables before releasing a new version, guess lack of sleep was the cause of me not doing it this time. XD

To manually upgrade this time is somewhat tricky. I have split the table prefix.adoptables into two and prefix.users into five. You may download a copy of your old database table backup for these two tables, then open them with notepad++. Find and edit the lines prefix.adoptables into prefix.adoptables_conditions, and prefix.users into prefix.users_contacts, prefix_users_options, prefix_users_profile and prefix_users_status(save them in each separate file to import). This way you have multiple identical database tables under different names after you import them. The very last thing to do is to add new columns and get rid of old columns that do not make sense in each table. I know it sounds complicated, but hopefully you get what I am saying.

@Infernal:
I've never had problems with user profiles. Are you sure this is not an issue on your side? I tried it on Firefox, GoogleChrome and IE(64bit), and nothing went wrong.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:58 PM

I think I understand what needs to be done there - I was thinking over how to do it, and that was how I was going to anyway - I'll give it a try once my host is back up and running.

I tried that and didn't get an issue either - but I only had one user on my site, maybe it needs more.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:02 PM

Well I never got a HTTP error 500 with however many users on my site. I guess the script works fine, perhaps Infernal's webhost has a problem?

And btw, I like to check out suggestion threads on MA to see what other features an adoptables script can possibly offer. The only problem is that the ideas are scattered into several threads/posts and is therefore difficult to navigate. If anyone of you want to make any suggestions, feel free doing so.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Would you like me to go through and collect a bunch of ideas in one main suggestion thread? I love organizing - and I have a pretty good idea of what is in scripts and what isn't, so I can go pretty far back, see what people wanted. Would that help?
Old 03-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloometh View Post
Would you like me to go through and collect a bunch of ideas in one main suggestion thread? I love organizing - and I have a pretty good idea of what is in scripts and what isn't, so I can go pretty far back, see what people wanted. Would that help?
Sure thing, Id appreciate this. Some will help for an official release, others may be too specific/customized and thus will be better off as addons/mods. But either way it will be beneficial to this script, Id like to see what an adoptables script can possibly offer.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:24 PM

Alright, I'll get to it then. Give me a few minutes.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:49 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,711
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

HOF, I posted this in Gloometh's suggestion thread...but would it be possible to add this by the security release..?:
Make it so there can be multiple adoptable pet stores, and then, when creating a new pet, users can assign the pet to one of the currently existing Pet shops. I believe you already have this available for the Items, so hopefully it wouldn't be hard for the pets..? Or at least a mod..?

Well, thanks for reading ;D
-Iris
Old 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM

As Iris already mentioned, I finished the thread. It's probably slightly obsessive... heehee.

Oh, got a question - when will there be a v3 mod forum? I have a mod I'd like to release once I test it with v3.