Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Staff Central

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 03:38 PM

Credits: 2,714
TheShadow is on a distinguished road
Default [SE] Looking for coders and artists

My site, ShadowedEclipse Limited Adoptables, has grown way faster than I ever anticipated. It's come to the point where we need some serious staff help.

Coders
So far we've been kludging things together. Our current coder started learning php when we started a month ago, and while she's done some really nice fixes, doesn't have the skills to make the modifications we need. We need things like account integration with phpbb, and an unique trading system. So, we need someone at least semi-professional who knows what they're doing.

Artists
All of our art is pixel art, so we're obviously hiring pixel artists. Other than that we take just about anyone with talent. Our theme changes every month (Last month was shoes, next month dragons, the month after that may be wolves, or kittens or trees, etc.), so if one thing is your weakness, the next month may be one of your strengths.

For both positions I will be paying in real life cash as I am able to. I don't know how much we will be taking in, but I will promise to give a fair share as per the work you do, and should we not garner much in profits for the first few months, I am willing to dip into my own pockets to make sure you are justly compensated.

To apply, please either leave a post here with what your talents are, and what you'd be up to doing, or for a quicker answer, contact me via AIM; my screen name is ZelphyrianShadow.

Thank you,
Shadow and the ShadowedEclipse Staff
Old 08-28-2011, 05:32 PM
I program.

Credits: 7,799
Tony is on a distinguished road

Are coders getting paid?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Niwatori Kami

Credits: 4,939
Chibi_Chicken is on a distinguished road

I have started to layout the design on integrating phpbb forum here:
http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/for...ead.php?t=2231
You coder may find that useful. I still am planing on add more to that however I have other projects that are higher priority at the moment.

Also what details can you give about the unique trading script, how does it differ from the one that comes with the site?
Old 08-29-2011, 11:53 PM

@Tony Absolutely. I have a budget of up to $400 out of pocket to get us started. After that you'll be paid through donations as we get them in.

@Chibi_Chicken Awesome ^___^ Thank you. I'll definitely have whoever we hire look into that.

And as far as our "trading" system...

SE is different from other adoptable sites in that we run a monthly event in which users get to purchase basic recolors of the month's adopts, as well as special recolors. The user then 'owns' that recoloration. As in has the absolute word on who gets how many. Since they're not trading the actual adopt they own, but the adoption of one, the trading system doesn't work. And we gave out just the promocode but then there's no limit to how many they can get. Also, we had to send them out ourselves, so it took up a LOT of staff time that could had been used elsewhere. Plus people were getting overwhelmed with the sheer number of adopts they were receiving at once. So, we need a system that:

-Allows people to see what adopts they own
-Allows them to send out those adopts to whoever they want, and set how many those people are allowed to adopt
-See the list of who has been sent what adopt

On the receiving end:
-A page where they can adopt the ones they've received at their leisure
-A notification system for receiving new adopts

This will probably be the biggest part of what we'll need code-wise.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:57 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Credits: 81,205
SilverDragonTears is on a distinguished road

I can do small coding (very small).
In return I need a writer to write descriptions for our adopts and make a base description of what a "Silvfox" is.

Check out SilvaTales
Old 08-30-2011, 12:30 AM

We have a basic coder already, we're looking for someone a little more advanced for the bulk of the work.

But I won't turn down help for barter. We do need help to keep things afloat day to day, installing mods, etc. I am no Shakespeare, but I have fairly decent writing skills. A small example I did in 15-20 minutes:
"After exiting the market place you follow a cobblestone path through a canopy of trees. Your eyes feast on the flora along the pathway. Precious yellow buttercups, deep burgundy bleeding hearts, vivid baby blue forget-me-nots. Even the flowers who's names escape you and those that you have never seen before dot the forest floor. Despite, or even because of the darkness, the colors shine brilliantly. The petals sway in an ever changing warm burst of perfumed air, animating the scene. A breeze gently flows in from behind you, bringing with it the smell of warm grapes. After walking a few minutes, the trees begin to thin, the wind settles, the cobble stones begin to disappear into the blossoms. Taking your shoes off you step through the damp grass, careful not to smother any young buds. Hearing a low drone chatter, you glance up, only to see the world beneath your feet leap from the miniature to the life-sized. People swarm the field, in brightly colored garb, flitting from gargantuan flower to the next like humming birds. In hushed tones they talk to the shopkeepers and artists, some wave their hands in large gestures before leaving large bags of crescents and contentedly going to sit under the giant vines, plucking a melon-sized grape to eat while they wait. The artists themselves either work fervently at their desks, paint splattering as their brushes fly across the canvases, or stare placidly into the field, enjoying the wafts of fragrance from the occasional gust, a look of contentment upon their faces as they wait for inspiration to strike. Having caught their merry complacency, you stroll over to a stall and begin to browse the wares."

I am also a trained graphic designer with a good deal of experience.

I code HTML and CSS.

And I do some pixel art:

All adopts/adopt bases or adopt bases to be except for the pony, which is a collab between me and another of my artists. (He did the line art, I the partial coloring)

Last edited by TheShadow; 08-30-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:32 AM
I am your Nemesis.

Credits: 81,205
SilverDragonTears is on a distinguished road

Wonderful writing and cute art!! I'd love if we could help each other out =D

Check out SilvaTales
Old 08-30-2011, 12:51 AM

AIM(most likely to get me on this one): ZelphyrianShadow
MSN: TheZelphyrianShadow@hotmail.com

Feel free to contact me on any of those and we can talk details :)
Old 08-30-2011, 03:37 AM
Niwatori Kami

Credits: 4,939
Chibi_Chicken is on a distinguished road

I sounds like your trading system is really a redesign of the adoption process.
You would add another condition that would link to the user you want to own that adoptable. Then build a page that they can create single use keys that they can send to anyone that they want.

What kind of time frame were you looking at for getting these coding projects done in?
Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 AM
I program.

Credits: 7,799
Tony is on a distinguished road

I'm interested, do you have MSN?
if so, contact tonyphp@live.com
If not email me at the same address.