Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 12:32 PM

Credits: 66,351
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

oh... okay then. :c I guess I'll have to take that into consideration about whether I continue forward with this plan.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:04 PM
bruh

Credits: 35,666
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

If it's just time- then it'd be very boring... >.< Because you'll have to wait until they grow up, and you have nothing to try and speed it up.

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 01-25-2012, 07:04 PM

Alright... I guess I'll stop considering it then. It was really just an idea... :c

I'll just focus on improving artwork then.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 AM

The original post has been updated with a preview of the site, rats to come and some items. Stay tuned for our release in February!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:58 PM
*Nom Nom Nom*

Credits: 6,981
Bibarel is on a distinguished road

Will there be alibino rats (white pinked rats, not just white XD)
Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM

That is a yes and no question.

ALBINO rats are purely albino, with pale eyes and not a drop of anything but pure white on them. But they are quite rare and expensive because bad breeding has added a cream tint to most of their coats.

WHITE rats have a creamy undertone to their white, but have the same eyes and are incredibly common and cheap.

I don't entirely know what you mean by "pink". White rats are commonly called PEWs or Pink-Eyed Whites, but otherwise there are no "pink" rats. All rats do have pink tails/paws/ears/noses though.

We will one day have hairless rats, when I get around to redrawing the pixels completely... xD

There are also no "pinkies" (referring to the bald babies that are only a few days old), because it is unethical to have babies that young away from their parents. You get babies that are about the same as a few weeks old rat.

Did I over-answer that? xD
Old 01-26-2012, 03:42 PM
bruh

Albino = white with pink/red eyes :3
And it's not just bad breeding, it can just be a genetic problem that randomly occurs.

So maybe in your breeding system, you have 1/40 chance of albinism?

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
bruh

And it's not just bad breeding, it can just be a genetic problem that randomly occurs.

~C.Maestro
Old 01-26-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiKawaii View Post

SHORT ANSWER: White rats and Albino rats are different colors/markings and it is impossible to get a different color/marking from a coupling unless one of the parents is albino. In the game, that is a 50% chance (unless you have a purebred couple) but in real life it is a lot bigger and harder then that.

LONG ANSWER:

Actually it is bad breeding. There is no way to just "randomly" get a albino genre. Getting an albino from a white rat would be like breeding two black huskies and getting a red one because ten, fifteen generations, even twenty or fifty ago, someone bred a black husky to a red one. Or having a blond haired couple who gave birth to an albino kid. Just because they had pale skin/eyes/hair didn't mean they were going to have albino children.

PEW or just whites are albinos bred with other rats, and so they are carrying other genres of other colors. To get a pure albino, you'd need to find the two whitest rats you possibly can, and keep breeding, father to daughter and so on, until you get the purest whitest rat you can. Or find someone who has an albino, breed your whitest PEW to that rat, and then pick the whitest rat from that litter and breed it to the albino again and /hope/ you get a true albino. But it would take generations. You could spend ten years breeding and still find traces. It would just be easier to buy from a lab supplier or a breeder who has spent ten years cleaning genetic lines.

Albinos are lab rats; they are generations upon generations of genetically identical rats used for scientific purposes. White rats are lab rats that get rescued or given to people who breed them to other types of rats which find their way to pet stores who get bred with whoever they are sharing a cage with and then it goes full circle to having creamy white rats, which is people trying to breed albinos and getting frustrated because they all have those cream shades and spots and undertones.

Rat breeding is generally just bad breeding. Only a small percentage of people who breed rats for scientific, hobby, snake food or purchase actually know what they are doing. That isn't a stereotype, it is a fact. 80% of the rats currently in private hands are from petstores, where "breeding" is either putting some girls in with some boys or putting girls in with boys and not realizing you're doing it. Fancy rats are picked for their pretty colors, only a small group (as in, there is maybe five organizations for it in all of north america kinda small) breed for good genetics.

And snake food breeding is just whatever. The rest of the breeding community is companies that breed for labs, who have sometimes been keeping at one line for decades, or breeding offsprings of lines that have been going for decades.

Sorry for long, picky answer that may have sounded mean - this is a real passion for me and one of my pet peeves is calling white rats albinos - they may look like them, but they aren't, it is a different thing.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:43 PM
*Nom Nom Nom*

Credits: 6,981
Bibarel is on a distinguished road

I meant white pink eyes XD

Also yeah, that can get annoying, I usually see albinos as white skin/fur and pink eyes.