Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,330
MikiHeart
Default My Suggestions

I think we need some kind of documentation going for this script. A collection of tutorials, and help. Rather than having it all over the place.

I also think we need some coding guide lines for mods and stuff.

Because everything is all over the place, and it's confusing for new users, and unattractive(sorry T.T) to potential advance programers who might want to join in on this project.

We should have a development mod forum, a released mods forum, and an abandoned mods forum. Kind of like how Phpbb does for their forums.

Mods should require to list exactly what version their using, because people who are just starting out go "OH I WANT ALL THIS FOR MY SITE" *Breaks it, gets upset, thinks they've failed, gives up*

I also think it would be a good idea to open up donations. You only have so much time on your hands, you host and do all of this out of your own pocket. Even if you don't want to use the donations for yourself, you can use it to further the project. For example, if there's something you aren't really interested in coding, or you think would be a good idea, but don't want it to be a main feature, you could hire someone to create it as a plugin.

I'm not trying to offend you in any way, I just want to help make the project go further, and make it better. I owe you a lot XD
Old 11-05-2013, 03:45 AM

Credits: 5,371
Phoeniix is on a distinguished road

I really like this idea.

Its great to see ideas like this because it makes the forum a little easier to work around, i know i myself am having a tough time and i believe these ideas will benefit.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:47 AM
Premium Member

MikiHeart

Thanks Phoeniix ^^
Old 11-05-2013, 06:51 AM

Credits: 19,258
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertrash View Post
I think we need some kind of documentation going for this script. A collection of tutorials, and help. Rather than having it all over the place.
I cannot agree with this more. When I got here it was incredibly difficult to get into the code because I didn't know where stuff was and what functions did. I did ask for documentation when I first posted here and was quite surprised when I saw none. Eventually stuff started making sense and I can move around this code well enough now, but it would have been nice to have some sort of guide like most libraries and frameworks do.

I'm all in to help develop a collective guide for mysidia. Mysidia is a great idea and if it has more help available it will be easier to get people into it

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:49 AM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,121
Tequila is on a distinguished road

I've volunteered to set up a documentation template, but have actually found a free to use one that's even better (with a no holds barred license on it as well) -> http://css-tricks.com/examples/DocTemplate/

I'm doing my best to make sure there is information for the templates that I release (read me files and all that), and I actually have more time to design and stuff right now, so maybe I'll get started on that.

If I can find the link I was sent a while ago I'll share it here (Hoffie made something, but I can't quite remember where it ended up...).

This is the old post I was talking about, but the linked document is no longer at the address... -> http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/blog.php?b=67.

Last edited by Tequila; 11-05-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,497
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

The next major release of Mysidia Adoptables will have a full documentation, including class documentation(generated with PHPDoc), installation and user guide. I did not do it for Mys v1.3.x since a lot about the coding is changing over time(just by looking at Mys v1.3.2, v1.3.3 and v1.3.4 and you notice a huge difference). In Mys v1.4.0 I wish to establish a standard that every new release will follow so that it will not change much over time.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Premium Member

MikiHeart

Wow, so much support for my ideas though XD

That's good to know Hall of Famer. I'm excited for the next release. How's the progress going?
Old 11-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,497
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiHeart View Post
Wow, so much support for my ideas though XD

That's good to know Hall of Famer. I'm excited for the next release. How's the progress going?
I am still working on the infrastructure for Mys v1.4.0 for now, its release date is estimated to be some time in next spring. I still have school right now, but it wont keep me busy anymore after December.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Premium Member

MikiHeart

I don't know where you live, so I don't know your seasons. I'm in Australia and it's Spring now XD
Old 11-08-2013, 06:34 AM

Credits: 19,258
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

I'm assuming it's Spring from March to June

asp.net stole my soul.