Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 09:32 PM

Credits: 2,851
Zwebble is on a distinguished road
Default Help

I could help code and add some items and pets. I also can help update your site often.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:36 AM

Credits: 48,951
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

Hey Zwebble, thanks for the offer. c:

What coding languages do you know?

I'll be posting a staff recruitment thread once our official site is established, so if you're still interested by then you could visit that thread. (:
Old 03-30-2014, 01:17 PM

Here are the potions that change your adoptable to a rare albino! c:

In order: Weak Albino Potion (2/100 success chance, shop or item drop only), Normal Albino Potion (10/100 success chance, shop only), and Strong Albino Potion (100/100 success chance, donation only)
Old 03-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,902
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Oh these potions look nice, such wonderful piece of work. I am sure you are one of the best item artists I've ever seen, maybe the best. XD

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:01 PM

Oh wow really? Thanks so much, that really means a lot! <3 I don't even think I'm all that good, but I think most artists feel that way about their art, haha. :P

I'm actually in the process of making a bunch of item art for new users who want an adoptable site, but may not be able to create art for it. c: I also plan on creating two or three creatures that they can easily recolor to make different varieties.

I'll be posting it in the art board once it's all finished. (:
Old 04-04-2014, 09:41 PM

New Sky Whale species that will be available on Mysgardia.

Normal

Albino (may edit)

Also if anyone has critique on my pixels it'd be much appreciated. It really helps me to get another person's view on them.

Info

Sky Whales are enormous creatures that are able to fly thanks to their magic, much like Flying Pigs. Eons of living in the skies has caused them to evolve beaks for catching prey. They mostly feed on huge colonies of micro organisms that also live in the sky, but they are known to snatch up birds and smaller flying creatures that get too close to their beaks. They've also developed a small fine layer of downy feathers between their beaks and eyes, which is used solely for show.

Sky whales usually range from grey to dark blue, with rarely an albino being born. These creatures live high up in the skies, only venturing down to grab a drink of water from a lake. If their sky food is scarce, they will move to the oceans to feed for a while. When a Sky Whale is nearing death, it will find a secluded place on land to peacefully pass away. Its pod will stand guard nearby, even after their family member has passed on.

Sky Whales are hardly ever alone. They travel in family and friend pods, and can be heard vocalizing to each other from miles away. During mating season, all whales seek out the Sky Isles to breed and lay their eggs. Young whales are defenseless when they hatch, and they must stay on the Sky Isles for a few months until they are strong enough to handle powerful air currents and weather conditions.

They are very intelligent and peaceful creatures, and will defend their eggs and young as best they can. Unfortunately they are very slow moving as well, so it is easy to steal an egg or hatchling away quickly without the parents noticing.

Last edited by tahbikat; 04-04-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:43 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,902
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Oh nice sprite, I like the concept of sky whales. ^^ It may be a bit weird for whales to fly though, but in a virtual world that everyone can learn magic its actually reasonable.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:12 AM

Haha yea, I figured they may as well use magic to get them up there. :P Evolution also exists in this world, so they'd start to evolve after a while which gives them their current features. (:
Old 04-07-2014, 12:27 AM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,108
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Okay, crit...your tail is absolutely beautiful, and so are the transitions in it, but the underside of the beak/mouth is a bit jagged. I can tell there are stray pixels in there and I think you should have used grey-toned pixels to create a softer edge. The back flipper doesn't have complex shading/texture at all and looks unfinished because of this. I love your eye and the texture of the beak. Your shading is really good though you might want to put some on the upper part of some of the flippers.

ETA: Just noticed, where are the opposites of the other flippers? You might be able to get away with not having them but a sliver behind the others could be nice.

Last edited by squiggler; 04-07-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:30 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,058
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I think you're getting better with your pixel art! Noticeable better from your first few. I like the new light outlining, but now it seems that the outline on your first few are a little dark in comparison. (And lighter outlines are improvement, I feel.)

Last edited by Kyttias; 04-07-2014 at 01:39 AM.