Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 15,572
Seapyramid
Default RE: MyBB intergration

Yes & if you look at http://mysticgrove.net .... That is a joomla master site with PHPBB3 & PHP Adoptables both itergrated as slaves using JFusion

Sea
Old 02-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Dev Staff

Credits: 21,287
Arianna will become famous soon enough

I saw that. :D It's awesome!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:56 PM

Credits: 140
ralgith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna
There is a mod for this in the premium members section.
And it does not belong there. You commissioned it, but that does not give you the rights to it. It needs to be removed immediately and all persons using it owe me a subscription fee to my site or must remove it from usage. I did not charge you only $10 for this so you could cheat me by giving it away; or worse as it seems you're doing, charging others' for it! I demand its removal now. I put 4 hours of work @ $35/hr into this. You were supposed to link back to MY site so I could make this up in sales.

Anyone wishing to own this legally must subscribe to Skin City Designs

Anyone wishing to dispute this claim simply needs to open the file and look at the copyright. To Dylan Myers and Skin City Designs.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Dev Staff

I was under the impression that you said I could put it there, but if that's not so, I'll remove it right away.
From the MyBB forums you said I could share it with people on here, and the premium is not only for that mod. Thread's been removed, and the ONE person who used it has been contacted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralgith
Ok, I'm still pretty booked up with plugin requests, but I'll see if I can squeeze it in anywhere. I'd have to charge you like $10, but then it would be yours to do whatever you wished with, even give to the community for free if you want.

And how I'd solve the salt issue is by making the adoptables script use the salt.
I have this PM in my inbox dated 11-19-2009. "it would be yours to do whatever you wished with" seems to imply I'd be able to give it to the members on here.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:25 AM
The Grim One

Credits: 97,242
Tequila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralgith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna
There is a mod for this in the premium members section.
And it does not belong there. You commissioned it, but that does not give you the rights to it. It needs to be removed immediately and all persons using it owe me a subscription fee to my site or must remove it from usage. I did not charge you only $10 for this so you could cheat me by giving it away; or worse as it seems you're doing, charging others' for it! I demand its removal now. I put 4 hours of work @ $35/hr into this. You were supposed to link back to MY site so I could make this up in sales.

Anyone wishing to own this legally must subscribe to Skin City Designs

Anyone wishing to dispute this claim simply needs to open the file and look at the copyright. To Dylan Myers and Skin City Designs.
I was the only one that even tried it and I'll let you know that it never worked. If I may ask, what would the subscription cost and how long does it last? I might even be tempted to commission a skin for the forum as well, depending on pricing (I do have a toddler with a birthday coming up).
Old 03-28-2010, 04:08 PM

Credits: 140
ralgith

@Arianna
Yes, that was the initial estimate I gave you when you originally asked on MyBBoard.net. However once we actually followed through with this transaction I informed you that due to the complexities I would need to make it a subscription plugin. This is why I started requiring signed contracts for all my work. Too many misunderstandings/miscommunication. If I kept the email where I mentioned that I would need to make this a subscription plugin I will post that, but I doubt it. For now I'll just apologize for the miscommunication and ask you to please remove it.

@enddayne
I'm not sure why this didn't work for you, but support is available as a subscriber as well. It should work if all customizations to the Adoptables script are made as per the instructions. I may however have missed something that seems obvious to me but actually isn't to someone who isn't as tech savvy as I am. As for subscriptions, they are $10/yr and allow you to download a LOT. The Themes made by the owner of the site, and all my plugins she hosts. Which are all for MyBB of course :)

I will warn you though that TK's skins ARE expensive, because she actually makes custom icons and everything that fits the theme. Good high quality icons. I still owe her for my theme too, $150. But its SOOOO nice. She is also usually willing to give people a deal if what they want is simpler and just wants things like color changes for the button images and such.

Anyways, go ahead and join up/subscribe over there and we can see what needs done for the Adoptables bridge. I currently have someone who must be a member here asking me to bridge it to phpBB2, since that is how I found out about the MyBB bridge being here. But that is a discussion for there, not here.

My best to all, and sorry for the angst, I've just been getting cheated a lot lately... and usually on purpose.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Dev Staff

Okay, I'm very sorry - I've removed the attachment and asked for the thread in the premium member forums to be removed. It's a shame, because I don't actually have a use for this plugin, but I guess we all learn.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:42 PM

Credits: 130
cherylfoster

Well, we need to do is take your name and will instead Mybb_users tbale Adopt_users table. Then there's the rooms that have a database with UID = what we want. Then it needs salt, we are entering a password, and codify its MD5. Then he replied that the password string table Mybb_users.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,427
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

lol spambot got pwned again...

Anyway I've seen how Kaeliah integrated her RA site with a PHPbb forum, so it is definitely possible to integrate with mybb and even commercial forum softwares like VB and IPB. The concept here is that you need to make sure the database table prefix_users has exactly the same structure for your adoptable site and forum. Whenever you upgrade your site's database table for users, make sure to do the same for the forum and vice versa. Just be careful running official forum upgrader scripts, which may change the structure of your database table that causes fatal error to your adoptable site.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 32,298
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah

Actually what I did was had my users register at the forum first. Then they had to go to the RA site register page and input their username and password as if they were logging in. The code then found their username in the forum users table and put all the necessary information into the RA users table.

However with my new site, Kaplushies I'm just scripting my own simple forum for complete integration.

I also managed to have a link in a 'bank' page that when you clicked on it, it would give the users a certain amount of currency per post, then update their last postcount. So say they made 8 posts in the forum, then clicked the link. They'd receive 2 coins per post so a total of 16 coins and their postcount in the user table updated from 0 to 8. Then they make another 2 posts, click the link get a total of 4 coins and the number updates to 10. It was basic, annoyingly partially integrated but my users who had never seen anything like that before(MA users) liked it. Now I'm just scripting my own forum which isn't actually that hard...