Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2013, 07:41 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 117,315
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road
Default Is It Worth It?

I am considering commissioning a programmer to create an explore system for my Mys 1.3.4 site with the following description:
Quote:
The main feature I would like to add at this point is an exploration system that allows users to select one of their pets of "level 3" or higher and take said pet exploring. A user could only take a max total of 5 pets exploring each day, or pay a fine of currency (# undecided) to allow exploration with one more pet for each payment. The system would reset, so to speak after a total of 24 hours. The exploration page itself would be fairly simple, first showing the selection page, having a drop-down of eligible pets. Once a pet is selected it would simply show a picture of the selected pet and an "Explore" button. At each click a status update would show under the pet (it would be best if I could add/delete/edit possible statuses at will). While exploring there would be a possibility of the pet "finding" something, which could be any one of the items added to the system (so an option to add items to the explore system would also be needed through the aCP). The user could then choose to either leave or take the item. If the item is left, then the exploration simply continues. If taken, the item is added to the user's inventory. Pets may also "find" currency (between 1 and 100 currencies), which is added to the users total. Each pet would have 25 "moves" as in times the user could press the "explore" button and possibly find something.
The total for this service would be $250, which is a tad beyond my limit but with Christmas coming up I could probably work it out. So what I want to know is do you guys think this is a reasonable price? And is this feature worth it?

Thanks,
Pero/Abron