Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 09:13 PM

Credits: 10,088
Rovick is on a distinguished road
Red face Are there ani guides for making a theme here?

I can understand css, but I dunno how to make it and make it compatible on this plugin.. How? Is it just the same procedure on how making it on older and the newer versions? I am using the newest one, and I am waiting for the release of 1.4.0 coz im not readie iet, im just doing all the pets, items etc right now..
Please help me??
Old 11-21-2013, 10:36 PM

Credits: 67,371
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

(I might suggest proof-reading some of your posts beforehand - I have dyslexia and its rather difficult to read, sorry)

There are no "solid" guides to making a theme, just as of yet, but here is a general overview;

Your theme is located in its own folder inside the "templates" folder of the script. Each theme needs three files - one css file (style.css, main.css, whatever you want to call it), one header.tpl (which contains everything about your theme from <html><head> to </head> and everything in between) and one template.tpl, which contains your body (<body> to </body></html> and everything in between) html and css.

The script then has a number of small codes that are placed throughout your template - for example, {$browser_title}, {$document_content} or {$sidebar}. I would highly recommend sniffing throughout the other template folders already installed with the script to see how they are structured.

To make the theme itself, you just basically make a standard web template that fits your idea, place it into the header.tpl and template.tpl files, put in the key codes and you should be okay, provided there aren't any glitches.

A good place to start if you aren't that great at making themes from scratch is here;
http://designshack.net/articles/css/...e-css-layouts/

Other things to google to help you build the layout is "colour scheme generator" or "colour scheme palettes" for your colouring needs, "free tile backgrounds" for tiling images or backgrounds, and generally anything you're stuck on - the internet is full of css/html tutorials.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:22 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,621
MikiHeart

No, there aren't any guides for making themes compatible with the Mysidia script.

AlexC: He's only 11, and I'm not sure where he's from.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:59 AM

I got it! I have made one, ill just test it :) thank u so much AlexC
Old 11-22-2013, 03:30 AM

Um, I got the laiout from the google, and used the variables, how about the menu? How would i edit it and make it horizontal?
http://ultrapetuniverse.cu.cc/
(Note: this is just a test site)
Old 11-22-2013, 05:09 AM
Aspiring

Credits: 11,049
Nieth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Nieth

To clean up the theme you're going to have to use a combination of HTML and CSS, alternating back and forth. The sidebar menu is extremely difficult to edit since most of the parameters are defined in the .php files, so I tossed all of those out and started from scratch, designing my own Nav bar with custom URLs. I've found this to be much more effective and customizable. Then, I placed the sidebar somewhere on the side where members can use some 'quick links' rather than it being the main form of navigation, and I edited the links available from my database.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:07 AM

Credits: 67,371
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiHeart View Post
AlexC: He's only 11, and I'm not sure where he's from.
Age is hardly an indicator for talent or skill. I couldn't read anything better then pre-school books until I was nine. Then, one day, I figure it out, stopped homeschooling in English, and by ten, taught myself very passable English using the internet and word. By eleven, I could pass as a teenager online - by twelve, I was writing the rough draft of the story that would become my cornerstone level. By sixteen, I was reducing grown adults to tears by reading my work aloud, and at eighteen, I'm on my way to be published - all it takes is
the ability to look at what you're doing and understanding what needs to be fixed. Rovick is learning how to code websites and create games years before any of us is ready - lets not call into play his intelligence or age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovick View Post
Um, I got the laiout from the google, and used the variables, how about the menu? How would i edit it and make it horizontal?
http://ultrapetuniverse.cu.cc/
(Note: this is just a test site)
Horizontal is right and left, vertical is up and down, I believe you mean vertical?

The menu variable is {$menu}, I believe. I can't remember how to make it vertical, BUT, one of the themes that comes with MYS has a horizontal menu, so I believe last time I wanted to do that, I found the css in another theme's file. If you're only having a few links without the dropbox links below them, instead of using the menu variable, you can just manually add them to your theme's coding using <a href="http://"> and <br> (line break - will make it vertical).
Old 11-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 334,780
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well the theme Element has vertical menu, you probably want to look at its CSS to understand how it works. Note the dropdown effect is likely gone if you want to display the menu in a vertical manner, although theres definitely a way to get around that its beyond my knowledge to figure out.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:34 AM

Nvm abt that, i have it done.. i did the menu from a css menu generator.. thanks alot! u all helped me alot in making theme.. I couldnt have done it without u, thanks!
(see the theme here:http://ultrapetuniverse.cu.cc/ (Btw this is just a testing site))
Old 11-22-2013, 07:48 AM

Credits: 48,811
Hwona is on a distinguished road

*Sneaks in* Looks nice! But you might want to tweak it so the copyright stuff isn't hanging over the edge. :3