Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,503
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well can you possibly try to reinstall the script and see if you still cannot log in? There are multiple possibilities why you may not sign in after installation.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Nocturnal

Credits: 1,689
Neonyx is on a distinguished road

I have reinstalled it multiple times already, all with the exact same result :S

I can make new accounts fine, however. They can log in and out without a hassle, it's just the admin one that the site refuses to log in.

It does say that the account exists, and you can't use the same detail/s for any other accounts, yet it denies password reset...

Could it be the salt code I was using? I got it off the site that was linked though... Don't know anything about how all that works, so I have to ask lol... But I guess you'd know by now if it was possible for a salt code to be too weird :P lol

Either way, is there a certain file I could access and change some details on in to change the admin user? Probably the easiest solution at this stage.

And just to make things clear, other than picuploads and its contents, which other files *need* to be chmoded to 777 before the installation? In addition to picuploads, I initially did config.php, but when that install didn't work, I chmoded the entire inc directory to 777 just to see if that would work, lol. Since that didn't work, and since I've heard a few different things on what files need what permissions, I have to ask :)

*EDIT: when I say "didn't work", I simply mean wouldn't let the admin log in. The rest of the site installs fine as far as I can tell.

Last edited by Neonyx; 01-02-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Sounded potentially unclear :P
Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 PM

Well it could be the salt code's problem, but I wonder since it does work even with symbols in your characters. Now I'd advise you to check the password of your admin(user id=1) from phpmyadmin and see if its password is considerably shorter than the other users. If so, the password encryption is not working for the very admin user you just create upon installing the site. I will see how to resolve your problem then.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Nocturnal

Credits: 1,689
Neonyx is on a distinguished road

I appologise for my noobishness...
I assume that in "phpMyAdmin", I am supposed to open "adopts_users", and then "password"? And I assume that those really long numbers in the light-blue table are the users' encrypted passwords? For the admin user and the second user that I registered, the numbers are about the same length. Problem is, I can't atually remember how long the admin password was (yes, I forgot it this time >.<) it could have been one letter, or a few words, I don't remember :/

Either way, I am going to delete the Mysidia Adoptables files off my database, then re-download Mysidia Adoptables, then reupload the files, incase something went wrong with my initial download and it escaped my notice. When I reinstall it, I will use a letters-only salt code. I'll be back soon with info on how it goes.

**Edit: Okay, so I completely remade it all from scratch; new database, fresh MysAdopts download, fresh install, etc. I used a letters-only salt code, and the only thing I chmoded was "config.php", to 777. I went to my website, logged in as the admin, and it WORKED!! :D
There is one minor weirdness though: when I followed the link to http://www.../admin.php, it said "access denied", but when I took the "www." out of the url, the CP worked.

Unfortunately, this still leaves the problem's actual cause unknown, but there is a strong possibility that the salt code was to blame. Someone should probably look at that one day. I might, but not tonight. Maybe tomorrow night. Either way, if you're curious, the salt code I was using was:
n"8Y-@CM,,WS:$(
Perhaps one of those characters are to blame?

Last edited by Neonyx; 01-04-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: no need to double-post.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 PM

Glad to know it did work for you in the end. I do not know if the salt code was the cause of your problem, but it is a possibility that certain characters such as $ , " and # will mess up with the code since they have special meanings in PHP script. If so, the script may have mistaken these characters as a PHP unique symbols, which in turn mess up the admin password encryption.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:10 PM

Credits: 394
Papyrus is on a distinguished road

Hi there-

Was hoping I would not have to post here but I can't even get to the installation page. I unzipped, point my browser at the page directed and get a 404. That's it - I even dug inside and tried to figure things out, but I can't get it working.

Quote:
1. Use ftp to Upload the folder "installation" to your preferred directory, and change the name from "installation" to whatever you like.
Did this.

Quote:
2. Change the CMD of folder "picuploads" to 777, together with its subfolders, this is required to enable user uploading images.
I assume this means changing the name? Not sure. Couldn't get any help from Google. This shouldn't matter I'd think, in just getting the site to work itself though.

Quote:
3. Access the installer script at "http://yoursitename.com/install/install.php", follow the instructions and proceed.
I change the "yoursitename" to mine, and I've even changed the folder names around to what I had changed mine to when I got desperate. Nothing is working: all 404's. In fact, for some reason I can't find "install/php", only install_func and such inside the folder. I'm probably looking someplace wrong or something.

I'm not sure what little thing I'm overlooking, and would be glad of any help. I've been an HTML/CSS coder for a few years on the side of what I normally do for a living, but this is my first trek into php. My site artist has been working her butt off, I don't want to dissapoint her by not being able to do my part all of a sudden.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
bruh

Credits: 35,660
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

You're wrong on step 2. Not changing the name. You're changing the permissions.

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:52 PM

Credits: 394
Papyrus is on a distinguished road

Yeah, fiugured that out, but it doesn't matter because I can't seem to install anything, let alone change permissions. I'm not using the server providers that the guides are, so it's not helpful to me at this time.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:35 PM

Credits: 407
Kommeo is on a distinguished road

try to download the script again and see if you have the install folder there. It should be a folder that says install within the download

Last edited by Kommeo; 01-17-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 AM

Now that megaupload is shut down, I have reuploaded the script files of Mys v1.2.4 to Rapidshare and mediafire. The download links are provided below:

Rapidshare links:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2095740...les_v1.2.4.rar
https://rapidshare.com/files/2893312...les_v1.2.4.zip

Mediafire link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cg0g0hkyxh1nb9f

Closed Thread