Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Tutorials and Tips

Notices

Old 02-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,995
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Cool Some ideas for hiding Promo Codes

I've taken a tiny break from Mysidia to take a stroll around the proverbial web design block, and I've brought back with me a few fun things that are more-or-less painless to implement:
  1. Konami Code - Many websites (here's a list of 20 well-known examples of sites that have) have implemented the Konami code to do some interesting stuff to amuse visitors.
  2. Hidden in the Context (right-click) Menu - The best example would be to right click on the actual download link. You could probably make a really annoying game of this.
  3. Sliding Door Effect - Imagine hiding one of these unsuspectingly at the bottom corner of a page!
  4. On Pageview Count - This is entirely client-side, so as a warning, the same user could wind up doing it again after a cleared cache or on a different computer.

What are some ways you wish you could implement a promo code reward to appear but just aren't sure how it would be done?
Old 02-27-2014, 04:15 PM

Credits: 19,260
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Ahahahaha! Oh my I loved these! xD The Konami Code one is great, and a great idea!

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:55 AM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,104
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What are some ways you wish you could implement a promo code reward to appear but just aren't sure how it would be done?
Well, it'd be nice if when your adoptable grew up fully/reached x level, a promocode would appear. Or if they collected 100 adults or etc., a promocode would appear. (I know you're more of a designer; I was just curious.)
Old 03-01-2014, 09:57 AM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,712
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

squiggler, there is an option to have a user receive a promocode when an adoptable reaches a certain level, already.

Now what I'd really love is to implement a mini-games feature that rewards users with a promocode when they win. I figured this out on an older version of the script (though it wasn't very secure Javascript), but since the massive updates I've been stuck with that bit XD
Old 03-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Ah, thanks!
You could use Quest for yours. I explained it here.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Premium Member

My mind's been on developing some simple games in jQuery or in HTML5's canvas, but I haven't gotten there quite yet. I was wondering what sort of basic mini-games people might like (that already exist in some form on the web), like... Tetris, Snake, Asteroids... But I also want to learn how to hook them up with the currency system.

If I do get around to building actual mini-games that way, I'll gladly offer up at least one as example template for how the currency hook up works (which I haven't even begun to look into), and provide something simple enough that anyone can use it, and even optionally easily swap out the graphics for something that fits their site better.

There's a good, free, and very basic HTML5 Canvas game maker called Tululoo, if you want to check it out. It's not the most advanced program, but it allows you to do quite a bit without any coding knowledge directly.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Well, you could have them give a promocode that can only be used once that gives a valuable type item. They can then sell that for money.

To swap the graphics out, what about creating a folder where all your images are stored, and then we could upload our own with the same file names (over-writing the files)?

Tululoo is awesome. I'm definitely checking it out.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:03 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggler View Post
Well, you could have them give a promocode that can only be used once that gives a valuable type item. They can then sell that for money.
Interesting - this is definitely a thought. Might be fun to do this for achieving hard to accomplish feats in a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggler View Post
To swap the graphics out, what about creating a folder where all your images are stored, and then we could upload our own with the same file names (over-writing the files)?
This was sort of my thought exactly, with instructions to keep in mind that unless images are exactly the same dimensions in pixels, sometimes code might need to be changed to make those graphics fit, and that if a larger design is made than the template allows, there will need to be some code edits.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:16 AM
Squiggling since 1995

You can set the buy price to whatever you want, but I'm not sure how the sell back works...okay. Bought a ring from the store for 50, got 25 back. So it's probably halved.
Anyway, this means if you have levels, you can pause the game each level and give whatever you feel is appropriate.

I think keeping with the dimensions (and having a dimension list) is simple enough. However, if you want to provide an explanation of how to accommodate smaller/larger sizes, more advanced users would probably appreciate it.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:32 PM
ChibiFur Queen

Credits: 3,686
AndromedaKerova is on a distinguished road

Well, I'd like to add the konami code and make it give a promo code but I don't understand how to add the stuff.