Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 05:03 PM

Credits: 1,183
Zeed is on a distinguished road
Default [URGENT HELP] I can not install add a theme, how is it done?

Well I have about 2 days trying Mysidia, I struggled a bit to learn and do not speak English, but I managed.
Now I have this serious problem, I uploaded to the folder "templates" the theme "Chibiry", found in this forum.
But go look at the ACP did not appear, or even when I said that there appears an error.

Someone could help me step by step to install this?
It's almost a situation of life and death ... haha .... seriously D:

PS: Sorry for my bad English, I use google translator
Old 06-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 337,554
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well the reason why you cannot install Chibiry is that it is incompatible with the current Mys v1.3.1 version. You have three options here:

1. Send Inferno a PM and hopefully he upgrades Chibiry to be Mys v1.3.x compatible. Not sure if he will reply or get it done anytime soon.
2. Uninstall Mys v1.3.1 and use Mys v1.2.4 instead. Although you use features such as Itemshop from Mys v1.3.x, you can use Chibiry this way.
3. Forget about Chibiry and build your own template. Its hard for beginners, but perhaps the most practical choice to take.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Well the reason why you cannot install Chibiry is that it is incompatible with the current Mys v1.3.1 version. You have three options here:

1. Send Inferno a PM and hopefully he upgrades Chibiry to be Mys v1.3.x compatible. Not sure if he will reply or get it done anytime soon.
2. Uninstall Mys v1.3.1 and use Mys v1.2.4 instead. Although you use features such as Itemshop from Mys v1.3.x, you can use Chibiry this way.
3. Forget about Chibiry and build your own template. Its hard for beginners, but perhaps the most practical choice to take.
Thank you very much for your reply.
There is something that I was clear in the second option you tell me if I can use the Item Shop in 1.2? The translator did not tell me very well.
And the third option, not programming, but I had modified a template and I am fine, just do not find it, the staff was like myadopts.com
This is the theme: http://www.pokemansion.net/

Again, thanks in advance, and I repeat my question.
If I use the version 1.2 I can use the store and the theme chibiry?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit again:
Install the version 1.2 default theme but was only on the main page, then I clicked on another button and change the theme elements, went to change the default theme but did not appear.

Also went up the chibiry to the folder templates and did not appear in the menu to change the subject.

Any solution for this? xD

Last edited by Zeed; 06-18-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:57 PM

Credits: 67,495
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

to add a theme to the site for an option, go to your phpmyadmin, go to [prefix]_themes, and click insert another row - then add the theme name and folder name. You can have the folder sitting in the templates area, but the site doesn't know its there, it needs to be in the database.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloometh View Post
to add a theme to the site for an option, go to your phpmyadmin, go to [prefix]_themes, and click insert another row - then add the theme name and folder name. You can have the folder sitting in the templates area, but the site doesn't know its there, it needs to be in the database.
I could not understand what I have to do D:
Well, the page I intend to do will be within a few weeks when I have free time.
At that time find someone to help me with the page.

But could you explain again what to do?
Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 AM

Well the theme installer in Mys v1.2.x is buggy. You have to insert a new row into the table prefix.themes by using PHPmyadmin. It is an application available in your cpanel, if your host uses cpanel. If not, consult your host on how to access database GUI.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Well the theme installer in Mys v1.2.x is buggy. You have to insert a new row into the table prefix.themes by using PHPmyadmin. It is an application available in your cpanel, if your host uses cpanel. If not, consult your host on how to access database GUI.
One last question, you can install the theme that has pokemansion.net in the newest version?
This theme is all I need.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:22 PM

What? Pokemansion.net? It is an adoptables site I used to build with the old Rusnak Adoptables script. I already postponed its development, and not sure when I will continue on it again. Pokemansion's theme was made by a friend and it is not for public use. I dont understand why you mention Pokemansion at all, it is not like I included any hints about this old site anywhere.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
What? Pokemansion.net? It is an adoptables site I used to build with the old Rusnak Adoptables script. I already postponed its development, and not sure when I will continue on it again. Pokemansion's theme was made by a friend and it is not for public use. I dont understand why you mention Pokemansion at all, it is not like I included any hints about this old site anywhere.
I think you did not understand my question xD
The theme that uses pokemansion.net, is also the default theme myadopts.com
I need that theme, it can be used in Mysidia Adopts?
If so, please give me an explanation on how to install, including the addition of tables and prefixes.
That's all I need for my web just right.
Could you help me?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 AM

umm I dont think PokeMansion uses the old default theme of Rusnak Adoptables? Anyway that theme has been completely removed from the script and is not compatible with any versions of Mysidia Adoptables. You can use it if you wish to build a site with the old Rusnak Adoptables. I can provide you a download link to that script, although it does not have features like Trade, Pound, Breeding, and Itemshop.