Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 03-11-2015, 04:47 PM

Credits: 994
FurryPinups is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Fatal Timezone Error Please Help

Hey all,

I installed Mysidia Adoptables last year and got it working well but went away for other projects in the past 8 months and haven't touched it. I decided to pick it back up and when I went to visit the website it gave me this error.

Code:
Warning: Unknown: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct() [<a href='datetime.--construct'>datetime.--construct</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead' in /home1/rad/public_html/pets/classes/class_visitor.php:14 Stack trace: #0 /home1/rad/public_html/pets/classes/class_visitor.php(14): DateTime->__construct() #1 /home1/rad/public_html/pets/classes/class_visitorcreator.php(34): Visitor->__construct('69.15.120.194') #2 /home1/rad/public_html/pets/classes/class_visitorcreator.php(20): VisitorCreator->create_guest() #3 /home1/rad/public_html/pets/classes/class_mysidia.php(273): VisitorCreator->create() #4 /home1/rad/public_html/pets/classes/class_mysidia.php(168): Mysidia->getCurrentUser() #5 /home1/ in /home1/rad/public_html/pets/classes/class_visitor.php on line 14
What does this even mean and how do I fix it? I don't remember a lot of the code or what to do or even the admin panel area since I've been away from it for so long. Any help is appreciated thank you. The website is http://www.pets.furrypinups.com
Old 03-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,056
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I think your hosting provider made some changes in the last eight months - sounds to me like they updated their PHP version, but failed to set a timezone in their configuration.

This can be fixed by setting a timezone yourself in your files, using date_default_timezone_set() - you can browse through timezones here.

An example would be
PHP Code:
date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York"); 
But I'm not sure where to actually set this at. The BEST thing to do would be to tell your hosting provider to please just set a time zone, any time zone, in their php.ini configuration file. It is a known error that has nothing to do with our script.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:36 AM

Credits: 994
FurryPinups is on a distinguished road

Oh okay thank you so much ^_^ I'll see if that works.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:57 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 44,552
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point

late to the show but you can actually insert that code like this:

date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York");

$time = new DateTime();
$this->lastactivity = $time->getTimestamp();
$this->isloggedin = UserCreator::logincheck();

Didn't expect it to work!

Last edited by Missy Master; 07-20-2020 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:59 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 44,552
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point

and if it asks for it again in class_members I think it is, insert it again for line 35 I believe!

Tags
timezone issue