Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Credits: 45,844
RoconzaArt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feature Requests/Suggestions for adopt/trade

I have two ideas for features that could be useful.

Idea1: Limitation on promo codes and adopts.

I'd like to see a feature that limits what pet you can choose with a promo code. I'd also like to see the same limits that normal adopts have for promo code adopts to.

Case in point I have limited edition foxes gold and silver with a promo code (kitsune) but I only want to let the player adopt one of the two pets and only a set amount of them. In short I can only have one
silver OR gold fox but not both.

To give you a more nerdier example, you can choose to have only one promo'd Shaymin, Mew or Celebi. You just can't them all and adopt a ton of each.

Idea2:

Two is to stop people from signing up adopting rare/promo pets and trading them to them selves.

I propose that you can only trade adopts that are at or over a certain level.

Example; Let's say I had the above limitations already in place or had it so you can't have more then one of a rare pet. A player wants more rare pets to [sell/keep]. So they sign up to a new account and adopt a extra pet send it to them selves and they repeat this 5 more times. NOW if there is a limit on the level your adopt has to be for trade they will be less likely to be able to abuse it.

Keep in mind there is still places like HYDRA but it makes the whole process more of pain.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

Credits: 26,245
PTGigi

The first one sounds like just making all the the options of settings for adoptables available for all settings, which Teshia made but she only gives it out if you send her a PM and she hasn't checked in on Mys yet D:

Second idea sounds like a good idea :D Also maybe make it so certain adoptables cannot be traded no matter what? Like my site is going to have 'Legends' and I do not want those tradeable (and my paranoid self is going to make people have to PM me for them with a special code that changes based on stuff which should prevent cheating )

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."~Mewtwo
My Adoptables|Nuzlocke Webcomic
Old 01-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 332,259
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

For your second suggestion, it seems to me that the best way to fix this problem is to prevent users from signing up for duplicated accounts. I am sure we are already discussing on this, it can be done and is basically a matter of time for us to add it to future releases.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:18 PM

Well I want so that you can only choose one pet that as the same promo code. Like if you have one pet you can't you can't adopt the another set pet no matter what.

Your idea sounds even better I never thought of a pet not being able to be traded at all.

Quote:
For your second suggestion, it seems to me that the best way to fix this problem is to prevent users from signing up for duplicated accounts. I am sure we are already discussing on this, it can be done and is basically a matter of time for us to add it to future releases.
I really don't want to IP bann users and even if you had email confirmation you still can sign up with more emails. I really want to make near imposable to abuse any loop holes while not restricting multiple IP sign up.

Last edited by RoconzaArt; 01-22-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:24 PM

Well a better ideas is an improved promo code system which automatically generates a new promo code whenever a user adopts one. On a pokemon site, lets say Celebi's promo code is currently set to be 0X35WA7E(dont try this on my Pokemansion, lol, it wont work). Once a user adopts a Celebi, the code automatically changes to a new one, say RNB28A9F. In this way, the user will not be able to adopt promo code pets over and over again unless he/she somehow manage to crack the new promo code. Admins can view new promo codes from either phpmyadmin or even admin control panel, so this shouldnt be a problem.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 PM

How do I explain.... Lets say I'm opening my site and as a prize for the grand opening I want to give away either a silver or gold fox? Let's say for arguments sake 20 people sign up. How do I let them choose one or the other but not both? How do i do this without having to straight up ask each person to send them a promo code for one or the other.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 19,300
PokePets

I gone try ;P
Make a new adopt page where you ONLY can adopt the gold & silver fox, end place there a code like this?
(THIS IS NOT REAL PHP)
if mysql result SELECT FROM $prefix owned_adoptables where $type and $owner = '$logginame' is 'gold fox' = yes
$page content = 'You already got one!'
if mysql result SELECT FROM $prefix owned_adoptables where $type and $owner = '$logginame' is 'silver fox' = yes
$page content = 'You already got one!'

Last edited by PokePets; 01-22-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: I forgot somthing D>
Old 01-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 32,229
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah

The only issue with that PokePets, is you can kill one or trade it away and get another. I think she just means 1 forever. The only thing that I can think of that would be the best solution includes making a new table for a record of special adoptions, but that would be kinda complex to explain like this.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:27 AM

While I actually had a somewhat similar problem on pokemansion. I set up a limit for only absolute newbies to adopt starter pokemon(the script checks if the user already has pokemon), while they still cheat by telling their friends to set up an account so that they can get multiple starter pokemon and trade with them. I fixed this problem by disabling the killing of pokemon, lol.