Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Work in Progress

Credits: 2,986
Alphares is on a distinguished road
Default Breeding between two different classes not working

Hi there!
I think I need a little bit of help here. I was playing with the mysidia script since some days. Breeding worked fine except of one thing, the interspecies breeding. It says the item worked but when I try to breed the two adoptables it ends in an error message:

"Sorry, it seems that your two adoptables do not belong to the same breeding class."

Well, of course, I am trying to breed two adoptables of different classes.
I made sure that my breeding item had the right type (Breed2) and so on but no, still the same error.

Just for your information, the adoptables are on the right level, they breed in their class without problems (breeding wait 4 days, can be skipped with the right item (Breed1) without complications). The only thing that doesn't work is the cross-breeding.

Any ideas? I'd be very grateful for any kind of help on this matter.
Thank you!

Oh, and just to add my thoughts here, what is cross-breeding? I mean, If I take a green rat and breed it with a red cat, what do I get? Is the offspring a green rat or a red cat? If so, why would I need to cross-breed anyway? I could simply breed two green rats or two red cats to get the same result.

The reason why I'm asking is this, I'd love to create a system where I can breed a green rat with a red cat and get one of the following offsprings:
1. a green rat
2. a red cat
3. a red rat
4. a green cat
This would encourage people to breed and try to achieve rare coloured adoptables which are only available through breeding.

Another thing that I'd like to add, which is also part of the cross-breeding somehow, is a way to breed a completely new creature (a hybrid for example). Let's say I breed red rat with red cat and get a red ratcat.
Is this possible? I am absolutely clueless about coding so I thought I just add my ideas to the whole cross-breeding problem that I'm having here.

I'm really thankful for any ideas, thoughts or anything that you could give me. Thanks :D

Last edited by Alphares; 06-08-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 334,172
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well yeah the script is set up in a way that breeding between different classes is disallowed. The breeding class defines what species can interbreed.

Let's say you have three species: Lion, Tiger and Eagle. These are all different types of adoptables, but Lion and Tiger belong to the same breeding class Mammal and thus can breed their offsprings. The offsprings can take the form of a lion or a tiger(sorry, no possibility for liger yet). The Eagle, on the other hand, belong the a different breeding class Bird, and as a consequence it is safe to assume it cannot breed with mammals(Lion or Tiger).

Breeding of completely new creature(as in the above case, a liger) is not available in the current script. It will be done once a breeding system overhaul is completed, but right now we have much more important tasks to accomplish. I cant give a timeline for when this will be done, you can always attempt to code your own breeding system and raise questions if you encounter any issues.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Work in Progress

Credits: 2,986
Alphares is on a distinguished road

That explains a lot, thank you!

I'm really happy to hear that you are planning that feature and I want to add here, that you already did an awesome job with the script. I can wait and continue planning until you have the time to add this feature. I fully understand that there are more important things to work on right now so don't feel pressured :)

Thanks again for the help!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 334,172
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

You are very welcome, but again like I said I have yet to schedule the date when an overhauled breeding script will be available to public. Right now we are still busy working on the postponed security release Mys v1.3.2.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.