Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,286
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiHeart View Post
Some people lie though when they upload their avatar.

You still need a moderation system.

For example, having a new permission. Like "Can user have avatar?"
If set to yes, they can have an avatar, if set to no, they've been banned from having an avatar due to misusing the feature.
Gotta say I like this idea, one great feature I'm going to implement for Mys v1.4.0 is the new ACP that is much more customizable than the previous versions. You should be able to give or remove permissions for users to do all sort of things.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,323
MikiHeart

Thank you, and that's really good.

I really look forward to the new version of the script.

I am a bit worried though. How different will the code be from the last version?

Will it be hard to upgrade our sites?

Or at least easy to update the database? Files can easily be remade.
But databases, I don't want to do a clean wipe and have my users (When I open), loose their pets
Old 11-20-2013, 09:58 PM

The code will be essentially a completely overhaul, it will use a full-fledged MVC/ORM architecture. Upgrading a highly customized site is pretty much impossible, but its pretty much the same story with earlier versions. Theres a chance that database can be updated, it will need some work but will be much easier than editing script files from Mys v1.3.x to work with Mys v1.4.0.

Oh come to think about that, the very first new feature for Mys v1.4.0 has been implemented. It is not a big feature like Stats system, Clan Group and new ACP, but some of you may find it useful. Mys v1.4.0 will support multiple SQL databases instead of just MySQL, while having PDO enabled is no longer a hard requirement(you can use MySQLi, SQLite3 and other DAO API). The supported database systems are: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, OCI8, and Microsoft SQL Server(if you run windows hosting environment).

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,323
MikiHeart

Yea, it's always hard to upgrade customized websites. Like from phpbb2 to phpbb3. But you can keep all the posts and user data.

I just want to be able to keep all the pets, user data, and so fourth. I will upgrade all my custom codes myself. So my site will start off as a v1, and then finally released on 1.4.0 as v2, and so fourth. Because I can't wait to release my site after 1.4.0 is released, I already have the artist working on art XD

As for the support of multiple databases, I really like this idea. I've seen mention mention it on the virtual pet list. Is this idea, to help keep the site running? Like if one database crashes, it still has access to another database? I'll have to research this concept.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,100
squiggler is on a distinguished road

I don't know if this is even possible, but I'd really like a tweak to the breeding system. Specifically, a genderless system where the pets don't have a gender and any pet can breed with any pet (unless there's a species restriction or something). I have the feeling that might not be easy with the way the code is currently, but I'm not a programmer so I figured I might as well ask.

Edit: Also, you've been mentioning a lot of features I'm not sure would fit my site (stats, etc.). Will these be mostly optional?

And adding to the Avatar Suggestions, can we have a bunch of avatars for the users to choose from instead of uploading their own? That'd make sure the site was safe for kids.

Last edited by squiggler; 01-08-2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:29 AM

Credits: 12,240
LucasA33 is on a distinguished road

Maybe a start on a basic exploration feature, for example, "You are here, would you like to search for animals" and then let us configure a chance of finding one". Also an energy system so they can only explore so many times per day.

Maybe also give an incentive to where you get a double chance of alternate animal.
IDK it would really make the site interactive.

Another feature that would be cool is a battle system. It would tie in stats and the adventure system really well.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Adoptables Newbie

Credits: 1,613
katsunya is on a distinguished road

Maybe in the message system an ability to retain the previous message? Like how if you respond to an e-mail it'll say "RE: Message Topic" and have the original message above or below where you can type?

Or a global way to let users know about updates. Example: Gaia Online's Announcements bubbles.

Another suggestion is being rewarded with random items or currency from clicking on the site's actual pages; not an actual exploration page, but just giving users a small reward for actually using the site.

Item requirements for specific adoptables? Such as you want to adopt a cow but you need the item "Carrot" or "Hay" in your inventory. Multiple items can get you the adopt but you only need 1. Have an option when creating the adopt that says either XX currency or item is required. You could implement them both at the same time if you wanted.

I do really like the idea Tequila had with the treasure chests. If there was a way to have a code that grants specific items for specific images, that'd be even better but I think that would be considered a mod, right?

These are the only things I can think of at the moment.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:14 AM

Those are good suggestions Nya. I do have a plan for global announcement, which can be set through ACP. Item requirement for specific adoptables can be a good idea too, I will consider. For treasure chests, yeah its most likely to be a mod if it ever comes out. Actually with the itemdrop mod you can achieve something similar to this, but with some minor modifications.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Adoptables Newbie

Credits: 1,613
katsunya is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah, using the item drop mod would work, wouldn't it... Now if only I could figure out how to make an individual drop rate for each item... xD;;;
Old 02-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,100
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Would you be willing to make the top links (Adoptables, User CP, Explore, Community) link to a Site Map instead of /index? I made my own right here. It would accommodate touch-screen users.
(I used a table instead of a list because generally screens are wider than they are long.)