Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Newcomer Center

Notices

Old 03-09-2014, 06:21 PM

Credits: 4,291
Zyraph is on a distinguished road
Talking Hello there! :3

I'm not new to working with adoptables, though I'm very new to working on my own site with adoptables. I've made a few other sites in the past, but none really took off. I was really out of my element, honestly, and still kinda am, but I'm hoping to build my own adoptables site.

I am wondering though, and I know this probably isn't the best place to put this, but...assuming 1.4 is still in the works, does anyone know of a timeframe for when it will be released? I've heard a LOT of work is going into it, and I'm just wondering if I should keep waiting for it to be launched, or if I should just grab 1.3.4 and start editing it as much as possible. I'd have to do a lot of work just for that, but I'm just really curious if I should keep waiting or not. I just am that anxious to get my own adoptable site started, and I've already got a little bit of pre-planning done for it (mainly word documents outlining different things).

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

--Zyraph
Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 PM

Credits: 48,166
Hwona is on a distinguished road

Hello! Honestly, I think it depends on what direction you want your site to go in. 1.4 may have some features you don't want on your site so I would read up first. :3
Old 03-09-2014, 06:47 PM

Actually, I've been reading up on some things, and multiple currencies would be critical for what I want to do. Like...it's a make-or-break for what I want to do, because of the way I'm trying to set things up. Like, different colored pets will produce different colors of resources, which will be used as currencies to create items :3
Old 03-09-2014, 07:20 PM

Hmm, in that case, if you're not planning on doing any serious customization to the code of 1.3.4, then I don't think starting there would be a proplem since most users upgrade...
Old 03-09-2014, 07:24 PM

Alrighty! I'm just looking into specific things at the moment...I see a lot of the suggestions going into 1.4, and there's a lot I know I'll utilize...I might even chip in a couple ideas for what I'd like to see :3
Old 03-09-2014, 08:12 PM

If you see a lot of features you'll use in 1.4, plan on using it - it couldn't hurt. But if you happen to be using a lot of art and writing for your site and less coding, maybe just work on that for now since you won't have to go through all the trouble of updating. :3 The software needed for all the uploading doesn't work on my device, so its a real hassle. Also, the host often doesn't connect when I can upload.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:15 PM

I suppose I could just do the main bits of planning. I'm not sure how I'm going to get art handled yet...and if I was to just start working on little bits from 1.3.4 by working on the database, it would probably be able to be updated, I think...since it's not going to be truly customized, so if I somehow lose that stuff, it won't be a great loss. It's the artwork I need help with, heh
Old 03-09-2014, 08:22 PM

Ah, I see. Well, good luck with your site! And if you need any art, I'm doing free adoptables (normally don't do pixels though) for practice. If you want something just ask - there's a lot of other stuff floating around too. :3
Old 03-09-2014, 08:25 PM

Oh? Well, I'm mainly trying to get artwork of dragons...I haven't gotten their designs figured out yet, but I'm trying to get three different kinds for now: Scale, Feather, and Fur dragons ^.=.^ if you're interested, I'd be really grateful to see what you might be able to come up with ^.=.^
Old 03-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,978
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I think 1.4 could be out as early as this summer, but you never know what comes up. It wouldn't hurt to make a closed beta version of your site with the current version and get the look and feel down, I think. If there are modifications you'd like specific to your site, there are a couple of really nice people around the forums who should be able to help you. Your idea already sounds interesting. ^^

Tags