Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 11-23-2015, 11:55 PM

Credits: 48,903
tahbikat is on a distinguished road
Default Item Bug?

Something really strange is happening.

I made some items on my site with function click1 but they're not working right at all. Let me try to explain this as simply as possible...

So here's my adoptable:

Lvl 0 - Egg image - 0 clicks
Lvl 1 - Shaking egg image - 20 clicks
Lvl 2 - Baby image - 40 clicks
Lvl 3 - Adult image - 80 clicks
Lvl 4 - Same adult image - 120 clicks

If I keep giving it "water", which raises its clicks by 5 each time, it will level correctly and display the corresponding images.

If I give it "honey", which raises its clicks by 100 each time, it will only level once and display the wrong image (shaking egg instead of adult image). If I then manually give it a click by using its Level up link, it will display the next level image (baby image), which still isn't the right image, as it should be an adult.

Also, no matter what item I use, all the adoptables I tested also use their alternative images, which are supposed to be only a 1 in 120 chance of appearing. I haven't gotten a "normal" image yet and I've tested about 6 so far.

Only thing I can think is that when I first created the tester species, I gave it the same name as the ones that this "bug" is happening to. I hard deleted those, then made the new species under the same name. Could that be the issue? I just don't understand because in the databases everything seems fine with the levels and such...

I'll try to make them again under a new name and see if its any better, but if anyone else has experienced this please let me know!
Old 11-24-2015, 01:42 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,406
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well its not a bug, its the intended behavior. An item with click increment effect can only raise the adoptable's level by 1. If the resulting new number of clicks is sufficent to raise its level further, all you need is to click on the adoptable manually. Each additional click(not by item, but by your regular daily clicks) will raise the adoptable's level by 1, until it no longer meets minimum clicks requirement for next level.

For instance, in your example, using 'honey' on a lv.0 adoptable will raise its level to 1, but with 100 clicks. If you click it, it becomes lv.2 and 101 clicks. Another click will make it lv.3 and 102 clicks. Yet another click will only raise its clicks to 103, but the level remains at lv.3 until it has a total of 120 clicks, the minimum requirement for lv.4 adoptables.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:19 AM

Ahh okay, thanks for clarifying that. What about the adoptables always coming up with their alt images though?

EDIT: Okay, so I went to the Owned Adoptables tab in AdminCP to see if manually adding clicks/levels would cause the adoptable to always have the alt image. When I went to edit the adoptables, they all had "Use Alternate Image" checked already. Any ideas? The adoptables in question are all bought from a shop. When I removed them from the shop and put them on the main adoptables page, they come out fine without the alt images. So basically whenever they're from a shop, they are always using the alternate images.

Last edited by tahbikat; 11-24-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,406
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm thats an interesting question, I will look into it and see if the adoptable shop breaks alternate image settings.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
umm thats an interesting question, I will look into it and see if the adoptable shop breaks alternate image settings.
Thank you HoF! If you'd like you can look at my site's files and such and use it to diagnose the problem. Login info is still the same for the cpanel and everything. ^^