Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Tutorials and Tips

Notices

Old 02-27-2016, 10:40 PM

Credits: 926
Kasandra is on a distinguished road

I appreciate you trying to help me out here. I still cant seem to get anything to work correctly.

localhost - shows nothing.
localhost:8080 - shows what its supposed to.

I tried to remove the 8080 port, but it says port 80 is used by something else and I can't find what it is.

Code:
NameVirtualHost *:8080

<VirtualHost *:8080>
       DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/"
       ServerName localhost
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:8080>
	DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/Mysidia"
	ServerName mysidia.dev
<Directory "C:/xampp/htdocs/Mysidia">
    AllowOverride All
	Require all Granted
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>
Code:
	127.0.0.1      localhost
#	127.0.0.1       mysidia.dev
	127.0.0.1:8080       mysidia.dev
I've got both here, just # them out and tried them both - neither seems to work but I'll just paste both.

Code:
<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

define('DBHOST', '127.0.0.1:8080');             //DB Hostname
define('DBUSER', 'root');             //DB Username
define('DBPASS', '1234ABC');             //DB Password
define('DBNAME', 'mysite');             //Your database name
define('DOMAIN', 'mysidia.dev');             //Your domain name (No http, www or . )
define('SCRIPTPATH', '/Mysidia');     //The folder you installed this script in
define('PREFIX', 'adopts_');
?>

Is there something I missed?

//I did seem to get this error while trying to access the site through various urls such as "localhost:8080/Mysidia"

Code:
Warning: PDO::__construct(): MySQL server has gone away in C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\classes\class_database.php on line 57

Warning: PDO::__construct(): Error while reading greeting packet. PID=13748 in C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\classes\class_database.php on line 57

Warning: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away' in C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\classes\class_database.php:57 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\classes\class_database.php(57): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=127....', 'root', '1234ABC') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\classes\class_mysidia.php(220): Database->__construct('mysite', '127.0.0.1:8080', 'root', '1234ABC', 'adopts_') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\classes\class_mysidia.php(164): Mysidia->loadDb() #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\classes\class_initializer.php(109): Mysidia->__construct() #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\classes\class_initializer.php(45): Initializer->initialize() #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\index.php(68): Initializer->__construct() #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\index.php(78): IndexController::main() #7 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\classes\class_database.php on line 57

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\Mysidia\classes\class_database.php on line 57

Last edited by Kasandra; 02-27-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:51 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,000
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Oh, ah... set script path to nothing.
PHP Code:
define('SCRIPTPATH''');     //The folder you installed this script in 
It should be looking for mysidia.dev, not mysidia.dev/Mysidia now.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:35 PM

Credits: 926
Kasandra is on a distinguished road

Ha, you would not believe this, but there isn't an issue with those files. I've been at this for the last few days, sifting through tens of webpages to try and fix this problem. I've managed to return Xampp to port 80. YES!

Xampp finally says that it is running perfectly.

The only issue now..

I get this when I attempt to open "mysidia.dev"

Code:
Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred: 
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Both Apache and MySQL are running, no porblems (or so Xampp says)... so now I've hit yet another brick wall.

EDIT::
OMG I fixed it. Thank you so much Kyttias for digging through this and helping me out. I really appreciate it. <3

Last edited by Kasandra; 03-02-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Premium Member

I'm glad you finally got it all working! :3
Old 09-25-2016, 03:06 PM
Co-Owner of MystFell

Credits: 18,415
NobodysHero is on a distinguished road

I was playing around with the idea of making some themes, but I wanted to test them on an unmodded install. Downloaded the program, everything seemed fine, but I'm getting this:

[25-Sep-2016 19:55:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'LanguageException' with message 'Language var nonexist does not exist.' in C:\wamp64\www\classes\class_language.php:68
Stack trace:
#0 C:\wamp64\www\classes\class_customdocument.php(82) : Language->__get('nonexist')
#1 C:\wamp64\www\classes\class_frame.php(135): CustomDocument->__construct('index')
#2 C:\wamp64\www\view\indexview.php(7): Frame->getDocument('index')
#3 C:\wamp64\www\classes\class_frontcontroller.php(10 0): IndexView->index()
#4 C:\wamp64\www\index.php(74): FrontController->render()
#5 C:\wamp64\www\index.php(78): IndexController::main()
#6 {main}
thrown in C:\wamp64\www\classes\class_language.php on line 68

Also, it isn't adding me as a user to the database, but it makes the tables and inserts the information on the "settings" tables. So... I don't know what that's about either.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:36 PM
Premium Member

At this point you'll have to specify what version of WAMP you installed because WAMP will keep updating it's PHP version and Mysidia is now outdated in the world of PHP and will not run on the latest versions. This is going to be a real problem across the board at hosting companies in a few short years so I hope that Mysidia releases its next version soon.

Anyway, make sure you get WAMP with a PHP of 5.4, 5.6, or 5.8, and not PHP 7.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:29 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,621
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

There is no PHP 5.8 though, PHP 5.x only goes up to 5.6. If I recall correctly, WAMP's default version is PHP 5.6, though I can be mistaken. But anyway, PHP 7 compatibility is something I am thinking about for version 1.4.0, it will require a considerable change to the core script though.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:58 AM

Credits: 7,638
KatFennec is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasandra View Post
Ha, you would not believe this, but there isn't an issue with those files. I've been at this for the last few days, sifting through tens of webpages to try and fix this problem. I've managed to return Xampp to port 80. YES!

Xampp finally says that it is running perfectly.

The only issue now..

I get this when I attempt to open "mysidia.dev"

Code:
Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred: 
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Both Apache and MySQL are running, no porblems (or so Xampp says)... so now I've hit yet another brick wall.

EDIT::
OMG I fixed it. Thank you so much Kyttias for digging through this and helping me out. I really appreciate it. <3

I've been having this exact same issue, so I'd love to know what you guys figured out...
EDIT: and for posterity, it seems the solution is to download WAMP 2.5 from sourceforge, then follow the instructions on here. it seems to be working properly now.

Last edited by KatFennec; 04-21-2017 at 06:19 AM. Reason: figured it out
Old 04-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,621
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well its important to note that Mysidia v1.3.x isnt compatible with PHP 7, this will change in version 1.4 for sure but to continue with version 1.3, you have to use PHP 5.3 - 5.6.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:58 PM

Credits: 800
Riverspell is on a distinguished road

Okay, maybe I'm insane or I'm a lot more of a newb than I thought. But I'm stuck and have now spent a hour trying to fix this. I've gotten all the way to the Installing Mysidia Adoptables section. Accessing localhost/install gives me a 404 error. It says the requested URL /install was not found on this server.

Browsing through other articles (including setting up the script through an actual host) shows people pointing at the config file. The one this tutorial has us change from "config_adopts" to "config". My config file is empty. Is it supposed to be? I redownloaded the files and config_adopts is empty. I'm probably missing something obvious but help would be appreciated!

Tags
hosting, wamp