Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 12-02-2013, 06:16 PM

Credits: 67,356
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Login/Forum Errors

Hello everyone, the bug magnet is back in town... did a fresh install earlier today because I managed to er... "muck" up the user registration on both the forum and the site, so I figured what the heck... now I've got issues cropping up and I'm not sure if it's my host, who has been acting weird all day (anyone got any cheap recommendations, just in case?) or if its the script.

So without further ado, here's the list;

Upon login, receive the following error where the welcome message should be;

Code:
SQLSTATE[42000] [1044] Access denied for user 'username2'@'localhost' to database 'database'
(names changed for security reasons). The kicker with this is that it still actually logs me in, so if I refresh the page, I get a message saying I can't access the page, only guests can access /login. Second kicker is that I'm not using username2 to access the database, I'm using username1. Not entirely sure what's causing that, I thought it might be the cache, but I've never had that problem before? I think a previous installation used username2, but I can't remember how far back that was.

Secondly - this one's small, but when you go to messages, and you don't have any, you get a link saying "You currently do not have any private messages. Click Here to send a new message.". The link takes you to the index page.

Okay, and here's what is basically a bundle of issues all rolled into one.

I had a spam user sign up (can we please do something about this in the future?), and their account didn't go over into the forum install I had, despite the fact that everything was installed correctly to my knowledge. The config_forum file has been edited and the registration on the forum is disabled, so I don't know why it isn't working.

Secondly, when I view their profile, it briefly goes to an error message before redirecting itself to the profile, where all the divs have been moved both down and to the side. The error message is as followed;

Code:
Warning: getimagesize(cheap uggs canada) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ratties/public_html/rats/classes/class_image.php on line 114
Here's a screenshot of the divs being messed up; http://awesomescreenshot.com/0c221el3c2

On a side note, I have noticed that the profiles are almost constantly whacked up - I have removed the css line "#page-wrap { width: 640px; margin: 30px;}" and this has fixed it's weird positions - I would recommend removing it for future versions.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:29 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 334,497
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

The SQL state message says that your DB username is incorrect or that it does not have privilege to access your database. Did you make sure you select all privileges when creating a database? Sometimes users either do not know how to do this, or they just happen to forget the moment they create a database user.

I am not sure for the second problem you have, will investigate it further.

For the getimagesize warning, its not really affecting your site in any way except for the annoying message. To get rid of it, simply change getimagesize to @getimagesize and the warning goes away.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:32 AM

Credits: 67,356
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

Er... the issue isn't that I don't have all the privileges assigned (because I do - I just checked). It's that the username it's telling me about isn't even connected to that database. I think it might be something about a file storing the original data I entered - I just remembered, when I installed the forum, I entered the first username, got an error, remembered that user had been taken off that database and entered the second one. Neither the forum nor the mysidia script have this username imputed in them, but it's telling me that's where the issue is.

The second issue is merely a mistyped link, I forgot to mention that. The link above it works fine, it's that the second one forgot a prefix or something.

That error IS effecting my site - the user wasn't automatically added into the forum, meaning the register on both isn't working, and now the numbering's off. I had this issue with the previous install, where spammers managed to sign up before I turned off forum registration - if the ID number's off, the users can't log into the forum. :/