Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 05:56 PM

Credits: 1,690
izzyrocks09 is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Generator - Similar to Mweor?

If you have played Mweor before, it has a feature where you can create your own adoptable and customize it however you want, and also save the design. Here is a link to what I am talking about: Custom Generator
What it does is basically let you choose a color, type of adoptable, markings, and traits of the adoptable and save the design so you can create an adoptable with the design. I thought this would be a great feature to add to my site.
The site also requires you to buy a "statue" to use your design on an adoptable, but I thought it would be fine to be able to create the adoptable and hit the "adopt" button.
If the script allowed you to pass on the traits when the adoptable grows up, this would be great too.
I am a beginner at PHP, and I was wondering if someone could help me out. I believe someone else made a mod like this, but when I try to download the link appears to be broken. If anyone has this mod (link), I would greatly appreciate a working download link!
Thanks guys! -Izzy
Old 12-21-2012, 09:21 AM

Bump. I need the code for my website (strawberryshake.elementfx.com) by Christmas because my brother and sister are really looking forward to it and my website is kind of new, so I thought this feature would be a great help to make my website more fun.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 326,846
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well bumping a thread wont really do you much tbh. The old script made by ChibiChicken is for Mys v1.2.x though, it won't be compatible with your current site even if you are able to retrieve its source code. Hes pretty much gone for good now, so chances are you wont ever have access to that addon. It's great that you have a brother and sister looking forward to your website, but I highly doubt anyone can help you right now.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:15 PM

Okay, thanks for your help. I will try searching elsewhere for a way to make the code. Is it possible to run a javascript code with Mysidia Adoptables? If it is, how?
Old 12-21-2012, 02:28 PM
WebMaster

Credits: 9,909
powerchaos
Send a message via AIM to powerchaos Send a message via MSN to powerchaos

i going try to make a same code as you request , but i can not write it for mysidia 1.3.2+
it will probaly be for my rewrite of the script , and hall of fame should be able to convert it to his version

i can not promise that i get it done , as it contains a lot of search work to figure out how exactly i need to do it ( php image generator , output as png , use base image and rewrite the base with the fresh image ... lot of code )

also not all hosts will be able to support it , it depends if they use the gdlib (images) or imagic ( mod like gdlib but just something else :D ) , there are a few more mods that can be used to like truefonts and stuff

Then for the javascript question

you can run javascript
just include it in the file

as the most parts are generated from a php file can you include the javascript on the place you like to have it by finding the location in the php script

if you want to use a general javascript , then you can just include it in the template file

Greetings From PowerChaos
Old 12-21-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
i going try to make a same code as you request , but i can not write it for mysidia 1.3.2+
it will probaly be for my rewrite of the script , and hall of fame should be able to convert it to his version

i can not promise that i get it done , as it contains a lot of search work to figure out how exactly i need to do it ( php image generator , output as png , use base image and rewrite the base with the fresh image ... lot of code )

also not all hosts will be able to support it , it depends if they use the gdlib (images) or imagic ( mod like gdlib but just something else :D ) , there are a few more mods that can be used to like truefonts and stuff

Then for the javascript question

you can run javascript
just include it in the file

as the most parts are generated from a php file can you include the javascript on the place you like to have it by finding the location in the php script

if you want to use a general javascript , then you can just include it in the template file

Wow PowerChaos, thank you so much! If you manage to get the code done, could you send me a download link for it? That would be great!
-Izzy
Old 12-21-2012, 02:50 PM
WebMaster

powerchaos

yes i will
but i am not sure if you will be able to convert it to mysidia
as i write php 5.2.* code (it even works on php 4.* ) when mysidia is php 5.3.*

so probaly HoF need to rewrite my script , but then he got already a basic :D

or you need to be able to rewrite it on your own ^^

Old 12-21-2012, 02:53 PM

Okay, I will attempt to rewrite it . How would I do this? I am not the best PHP coder, so could you tell me how I would rewrite it? What are the differences between the two codes?
Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 AM
WebMaster

powerchaos

i write the scripts on a old way with a lot of statements ( if equal to -> continue )
when the version 1.3.2 is written with classes ( get $data from -> if true -> continue )

because of that difference , the data get taken on a differend way

the function stays the same , but how the data get taken is differend
by changing the way the data get taken can it be rewritten

for example
PHP Code:
<?
mysql_connect 
($host,$username,password);
$query mysql_querry($database);

while (
$output mysql_array($query));
{
echo 
"$output<br>";
}
?>
and in 1.3.2 is it written like this
PHP Code:
<?php
$output
->$array->$database;
echo 
"$output<br>";
?>
ofcourse is this above a example , but it shows a difference of the writing way i mean

Old 12-25-2012, 04:03 PM

So the codes are written in a simpler way in 1.3.2...That makes sense. So either myself or HoF will have to convert it. Would HoF be able to do this and upload it to the Mysidia Adoptables site when it is converted as a mod? I will look into doing it...but with school it could take a while for me to convert it, so if/when you finish the new script I will ask him to convert it to be compatible with the Mysidia script. Thanks!

Tags
custom, design, mod, mweor, script