Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 03:30 PM

Credits: 66,344
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm running Php 5.3.19 and MySQL 5.5.27. And the theme seems to be working just fine.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,517
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm thats weird... Does your site url has http:// or www.?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:46 PM

firefox is weird and hides them, but normally its rattiesftw.com minus a www.

also, I'm getting the following error trying to access a certain shop;

Fatal error: Call to a member function select() on a non-object in /home/rattie/domains/rattiesftw.com/public_html/classes/class_item.php on line 20
Old 12-13-2012, 03:54 PM

Well without http:// or www it can get you into some problem, if the ACP aint working you better take a look at what the url is saying whenever you access ACP. If the url appears to be weird looking(such s having two http's), you know you get a problem.

umm did you just upgrade rather than installing a new copy? If so, are you sure the upgrade is performed successfully? Did you replace all old script files? If not, search for the class files and see if you have deprecated variable $adopts. Replace all instances of $adopts by $mysidia->db. This should do the tricky.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:35 AM

I do normally use without www. I've been trying to use www. more and that seems to have fixed the acp problem. I'm not sure how to redirect my domain so it shows up as www. everytime though. ;-;

I looked through the files and I do seem to have the mysidia->db variable.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Artist

Credits: 15,228
pachoofoosh is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Your host appears to have not installed mysql driver for PDO, its weird. Please contact them to see if they can get mysql driver for you, if not I will figure out a solution for you to get by using a different driver.

*sigh* Perhaps its time for this script to go multi-database drivers, instead of having mysql-only.
Okay, thanks for the help!
I contacted my host to see if they could install a PDO Driver for MySQL; now to wait and see.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:44 PM

Well check if your host has PHP 5.3 on its server, if not you better just move host rather than wait for them to make changes. Its a different story though if you use a paid-host, they usually are much more reliable and can perform server upgrade for ya.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 AM

Credits: 10,080
redheadturkey is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Just installed ---

Hey!

Just installed this on a server running php 5.4.6 - got it all installed just fine, went through the whole installation, then when I got to the 'you need to log in before you can access the CP part' ---- this is what I got---------and the actual Admin section DID come up just fine, I just couldn't do anything there because of not being logged in ( it did make my account too) :

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Fatal Error: Class PDO either does not exist!' in /home/zpxarxwa/public_html/classes/class_loader.php:26 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Loader->load('PDO') #1 /home/zpxarxwa/public_html/classes/class_database.php(3): spl_autoload_call('PDO') #2 /home/zpxarxwa/public_html/classes/class_loader.php(20): include('/home/zpxarxwa/...') #3 [internal function]: Loader->load('Database') #4 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('Database') #5 /home/zpxarxwa/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php(65): class_exists('Database') #6 /home/zpxarxwa/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php(30): Mysidia->loaddb() #7 /home/zpxarxwa/public_html/inc/init.php(26): Mysidia->__construct() #8 /home/zpxarxwa/public_html/vmessage.php(3): require('/home/zpxarxwa/...') #9 {main} thrown in /home/zpxarxwa/public_html/classes/class_loader.php on line 26

I can't imagine what's wrong since it did have the AdminCP part come up fine.

The site itself won't come up at all except for the AdminCP, as far as I can tell. I do have some files on the site from an older Mysidia I was toying with using-----should I re-install all the files for just the latest installation, or is that not causing this? Thanks! :)

PS the sites at: http://www.equus-sim.com

Last edited by redheadturkey; 01-10-2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: needed to
Old 01-10-2013, 01:13 PM

umm it seems to me that your server does not have PDO? Do you run your own server? If so, compile PDO with the instruction given on PHP manual site. If you are with a host, contact them and ask to have PDO installed/enabled.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Artist

Credits: 15,228
pachoofoosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Well check if your host has PHP 5.3 on its server, if not you better just move host rather than wait for them to make changes. Its a different story though if you use a paid-host, they usually are much more reliable and can perform server upgrade for ya.
Yup, they're a paid host and are using 5.3. ^^ It must be the PDO driver is messed up somehow. :o

I've contacted them a few times through support tickets, and each time they've responded with nothing helpful. :P I asked them if they could check if the PDO driver was configured correctly, because I was getting errors when the script tried to write the config file and access the site, and I got back this:

Quote:
Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately it is not possible to write a file into a directory which does not have writable permissions. I have created the config.php file in this directory and set it as writable, you should now be able to proceed with the installation as long as that is the only file which requires to be written.

If this is unsuccessful and other files need to be written in the directory, you may want to momentarily set writable permissions on that directory for installation purposes. Ensure you remove them upon completion of installation. These permissions can be set using the Brinkster File Manager located within the control panel. If you have further questions please let us know, we will be glad to provide further assistance. Have a great day.
So i'm assuming that the PDO errors might be happening because the script is trying to use PDO when it is not accessible? :o
I guess i'll just look for another host to use for my website if they can't allow the PDO driver to be used. :P

Last edited by pachoofoosh; 01-10-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Closed Thread