Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 10:05 AM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,642
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

I'll try to find out what version of PHP 99webs.info is using...since that's the host I am using for it.

Do you know, off the top of your head, what version 000webhost.com is using? They just say PHP 5, nothing more specific.

EDIT: 000webhost is running 5.2 as well. Do you know of any hosts that are running 5.3..? I'll try to find a free host that does support it...hm...

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I finally found a host that allows more than one database and also is running PHP 5.3.1, I guess I'll just be moving my site over to this host.

Last edited by Abronsyth; 11-24-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,287
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well many shared hosts such as hostgator and bluehost actually provide PHP 5.3 as alternative, you have to add an additional config file to PHP's directory. For 000webhost and x10hosting probably not, these are freehosts, not shared host.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 PM
A Headache Embodied

Well, I've contacted 99webs.info about it, and they (Nemesis, I presume) said they'll look into getting it updated...hope so because the host I found does not allow Java, of all the things.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM

I see, best of luck on that Iris. If the worst came to worst and this problem remains unresolved by the time I finish my last final exam, I will try to re-design the script so that it has backward compatibility with PHP 5.2.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:07 AM

Update: The error Iris was getting early on turns out to be a PHP bug, not with this script. It affects PHP version 5.2 and early versions of 5.3, you need PHP 5.3.9 or newer to be able to use it properly. But if you do happen to use older version, do not worry, look at the first page and I've offered a solution to get through this error.
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43200

Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Credits: 17,000
Kesstryl is on a distinguished road

WOOT!!! I've been quiet and have done nothing for my site as I'm now currently returned to college and classes are taking ALL my time, that and running a guild in Everquest 2, but my dream to run my own pet site someday will happen. Thank you for your hard work and for making a script for us non/ankle deep programmers. I will upload this when I get a chance and play around with it. I probably won't do any serious work in my site until a much later version that is fully OOP as each change lately is so massive it generally requires a full installation.

Will there eventually be a premium version of this project that will require a purchase? I would definitely consider buying a premium version when this is in it's final form.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM

Thanks for your comment Kesstryl. The script is likely to be mostly object oriented by version 1.4.0, I have no idea when it will be released though. The entire lifecycle of Mys v1.3.x will pave way for this transition, eventually an ORM-MVC framework will be constructed successfully for this product. It may take version v1.5.0 to make a fully object oriented truly professional script.

I am not sure for a premium version of this script, for the entire Mys v1.3.x and v1.4.x series it will remain as free product. If someday I feel like it, I may end up running hosting services for Mysidia Adoptables in which you can build a free default site with some features only available through purchasing. It will be like a much more upgraded version of MA, although you pretty much dont see much difference between Mysidia Adoptables and MyAdopts already. Not sure if this will happen though, but I dont rule out such a possibility.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 PM
A Headache Embodied

As an update to my problem:

The other host I found isn't go to work out...nor is another I found. Both refused to return any questions I had, and just didn't work out at all. Luckilly, however, I have been assured that 99webs.info will be updating to a newer version of PHP :) Hopefully I can actually get my site up and running soon...switched from Pine Martens to Hamsters, since hamsters are pure love (though I hate those ugly little tails...they're still pretty cute).

Until then I'll just work on art...finally figured out how to shade realistically!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM

Credits: 8,328
GuardiansWish is on a distinguished road

Okie dokie. Everything so far is going pretty well but I have a question about forum integration. Our forum and adopts have been separate (not integrated) for months now. The integration seems easy enough but I'm worried for my members. What will happen to the accounts that are preexisting or that only have an account on one half of the site?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 PM

These old accounts will not be integrated most likely, but there is a chance they will assuming the user Ids from adoptables and forum database match rach other. It won't hurt to try, in future I will create a user synchronization script that does the trick to you.

Closed Thread