Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Tutorials and Tips

Notices

Old 02-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,462
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I hate to say it, but I'm having trouble with this. Whether it is set to 1 or 0, the same error is still thrown when I try to access the install file. So I can't even install it, let alone integrate it. So a few crucial questions, since this thread is old:

Which version of MyBB am I supposed to be using? An exact release version, please. The latest version was released in December, after Mysidia's 1.3.4 release in August.

Where is the forum folder supposed to be? I am lead to believe I just create and open up a folder right next to all the others and plop the contents of MyBB inside, and then attempt to visit the install page in my browser. Well, I can't. I just get an error.

Possible things I'm supposed to be doing that I'm not: A) Merging all the files with Mysidia (this sounds like a bad idea, since many share the same file names). B) Creating Mysidia in a subfolder and forums in another subfolder, which would lead to my domain not having mysidia or mybb as the index, and that wouldn't make sense.

What I am doing: Creating a folder called forum inside of Mysidia, with Mysidia's other existing folders next to it.

I would like to note I can't seem to follow the initial directions because I'm lost at why we were only installing one folder from the MyBB Upload folder that came in the latest download release - "Inc" apparently - but not the other dozen folders and misc files that came with the download? That sounded stupid, a forum needs all it's files, not just one folder. Or am I supposed to be copying the Inc folder and merging it with Mysidia's Inc folder? I don't even know, that wasn't clear to me.

So I put the entire contents of the Upload folder that came with my MyBB download into a folder I made in my Mysidia directory called Forum. I directed my browser to <where Mysidia is installed>/forum/install/ and got:

PHP Code:
( ! ) Warning: require(../inc/config.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\classes\class_initializer.php on line 97
Call Stack
#    Time    Memory    Function    Location
1    0.0078    273536    {main}( )    ..\index.php:0
2    0.0214    388128    IndexController
::main( )    ..\index.php:78
3    0.0214    388488    Initializer
->__construct( )    ..\index.php:68
4    0.0215    388664    Initializer
->initialize( )    ..\class_initializer.php:45

( ! ) Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '../inc/config.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear'in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\classes\class_initializer.php on line 97
Call Stack
#    Time    Memory    Function    Location
1    0.0078    273536    {main}( )    ..\index.php:0
2    0.0214    388128    IndexController
::main( )    ..\index.php:78
3    0.0214    388488    Initializer
->__construct( )    ..\index.php:68
4    0.0215    388664    Initializer
->initialize( )    ..\class_initializer.php:45 
And, again, I get that whether $mybbenabled is 1 or 0.

(It's perfectly okay the latest version, 1.6.12, isn't working. I'm just upset I can't find anywhere on this site any listing as to what the most recent version that was working was.)
Old 02-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,146
squiggler is on a distinguished road

HoF wrote about it here: http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/for...ead.php?t=4251
Quote:
Forum Integration Guide:

First of all, make sure you have both fresh installation of Mysidia Adoptables and MyBB forum. Open the file /inc/config_forums.php, enter each empty field for the database info of your MyBB forum. Then Change the variable mybbenabled from 0 to 1. The very last step is to disable registration on the forum. It is all said and done, new users will have accounts created from both the adoptables site and the forum from now on. In Mys v1.3.4 they also log into site and forum accounts simultaneously! The forum stats is automatically updated whenever a new registration is completed, so there is no need for admins to update forum stats in ACP from now on. Note the forum integration has been upgraded and thus it should work with the latest version of MyBB. Lemme know immediately if it does not, I will take action asap.
That's all I can tell you.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggler View Post
HoF wrote about it here: http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/for...ead.php?t=4251

That's all I can tell you.
Yes, I read that. And it doesn't list what version he's referring to. Mysidia 1.3.4 was released in August, but the latest version of MyBB, 1.6.12, was released in December, four months later, so that is not the "latest version" he was referring to. There's a great chance the prior version will work, but I can't find where to download old versions on the MyBB website, even if knowing what version to look for wasn't the matter.

I'll bother HoF about it tonight on AIM if he's around. *sad sigh*

I was mostly just wondering if I was doing anything wrong with where I was putting it? It could always be idiocy on my part.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 329,025
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well it should work with the latest version of MyBB. I know one common cause of error is that people do not include a custom blank .htaccess in MyBB forum directory. This results in MyBB forum's url being redirected to Mysidia Adoptable's index page, causing problems like file not found error. This happens if you have MyBB forum as a sub-directory in your mysidia adoptables root folder, since by default all subdirectories in Mysidia Adoptables will be subject to its url-rewrite rule.

I am not sure if it applies to your issue, but you can give a try fixing it by uploading the .htaccess file in Mysidia Adoptables install folder to the forum folder. MyBB also comes with a .htaccess file, but its not in the correct format so it does not work. You can get it to work by changing it from htaccess.txt to .htaccess.

Also if you want to talk to me about this issue on AIM, all you have to do is to drop me an offline message. I will see it whenever I am available.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:33 AM
Premium Member

Thankyou, that fixed it!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:59 PM

Thats great to know, enjoy.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:38 PM

Credits: 2,364
aiiree is on a distinguished road

So I thought you were suppose to put it in the "INC" folder and thats what I did, so my di path seems to be

domain.com/inc/forum
if i just moed forum out of inc into the main area...would that mess it up?
Old 03-25-2016, 04:16 PM

Well if you are asking about how to install MyBB forum, Id suggest you go to MyBB's support forum for help. If you do have a working forum but cant get forum integration to work though, I can offer you some advice on that one.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:59 PM

Credits: 2,364
aiiree is on a distinguished road

Sorry I figured it out now, m yissue was that the version of mybb i was using wasn't compatible and so I had to find an earlier version, now it all works!