Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 01-18-2015, 09:48 AM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,712
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

Your site is certainly coming along beautifully! I love the loyalty and exchange features, very cool!

As always, I'll continue following the development :)
Old 01-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,994
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

official color wheel
I've finally come to a decision on the official color palette for the site. There will still be 'skins'/'brushes' like on other sites (and also 'accent' skins - transparent ones that do not cover your entire pet), but by default, there will be standard 'primary' and 'secondary' colors.

While skins/accents won't be genetic, these standard colors will be. My girl Savvy is helping me make a unique breeding system, where offspring can be any color in a range between the two parents. There can be any combination of primary/secondary colors.

For breeding purposes, the lighter shade of a color is recessive, while the darker shade is dominant. If both colors are recessive, however, there is a 50-50 chance the offspring may become a dominant, darker, shade instead. There is also going to be a tiny chance of melanism, albinism, and, for lack of a better word, 'monoism' (one of two shades of gray). Not having these is a dominate, default occurrence. But, for example, if you were to breed two melanistic pets together, all the offspring would also be melanistic. However, these traits will only effect the primary or secondary gene. So you can have 'albino' primary and 'melanistic' secondary, or, normal primary and 'albino' secondary, etc.
site statistics
Thanks to questions I posed on this thread, I was also able to recently make some additions to my /stats page. Check out the thread for hints on how to do so for yours, too!

Last edited by Kyttias; 01-19-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:02 PM
Premium Member

Update to my last post: check this out!

Last edited by Kyttias; 01-19-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,334
MikiHeart

You palette is wonderful looking.
Love your back to top button. I'll be adding one of those for sure (Even though I have a browser addon instead XD, but users may not)
Old 01-20-2015, 12:12 AM

Credits: 5,298
Glow is on a distinguished road

OMG THE BEAUTIFUL COLOURS
So much love!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Premium Member

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've given any progress updates. I've been caught up in some things. ^^;

Today I'm here to show off a prototype I constructed using Javascript for what I meant in my original list of wants by a 'daily stamp card'.

[ link ]

I used stock images because this is just an example test and I need to create my own images (which should inevitably be symbols, such as runes, that make sense for my site).

Anyway, the concept is this: once a day, from the home page, you'll be prompted to stamp your card. You can emulate this by pressing the stamp button on the prototype I linked. Notice that here you can stamp as many times as you like, but it will be once per day - one stamp per day, and you'll return to the same card day after day until it is finished.

So what's happening? Well it's going to pick a random symbol from those you have remaining and stamp out every instance of it. Your goal is to make a row as if you were playing Bingo - five over, down, or diagonally. (Keep clicking in the prototype to count how many days this takes!) Right now, nothing happens. When you finish your card, it refills it in a random order (you can also see this randomosity by refreshing the page!).

Example cards:
  • 7 days to the first row reward, on 8th day two more rows were obtained at once! card expires
  • on 7th day all three rows are obtained at once! card expires.
  • 8 days to the first row reward, on 10th day the second row is stamped, on the 11th day two more rows are stamped and the card is complete, with one bonus row!! card expires.

Or for an (incomplete) visual:

Each day a random symbol is chosen and every instance of that symbol is stamped. You will obtain 50 Aurum and 1 Gacha Token for each stamp made a day. There are three peaches on your card and peach was today's stamp? Then you collect 150 Aurum and 3 Gacha Tokens. These tokens will be used in the 'free' Gacha machine which needs 3 tokens to operate.

When a complete line (row across) the card is made, you get an additional prize (as of yet undetermined, possibly more Aurum). Once three lines are made the card is completed. A completed card will get you 1 Rues Gacha Token. The only other way to obtain Rues Gacha Tokens will be through paid currency. These tokens are used in the 'luxury' Gacha machine, which also requires 3 tokens to operate.

Last edited by Kyttias; 03-30-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Premium Member

I'm finally starting in on my final theme for my site. It's got a way to go still (the logo is quite plain up there, currently.) I guess I'm just posting to show that I'm not totally dead in the water. ^^;

Last edited by Kyttias; 03-30-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:57 PM
Premium Member

Alright, similar to Lioden and Flight Rising I want to have breedable genetics (both marking patterns and features such as wings) and colors (primary and secondary).

On Flight Rising images are created in PHP with a library like GD or ImageMagick, merged down, and then saved with the pet's id number in deeply nested organized files. I can only imagine how much this weighs on the server. On the plus side, these are real images and can be saved to your computer.

On Lioden each layer is its own image and they're merely stacked on top of one another in a div. (I'm super surprised they're not even using HTML5 Canvas.) On the downside? These are all separate images and cannot be easily saved -- you'd have to take a screencap to show your friends. On the plus side? These individual layered images will be cached by the browser -- making revisits to the site quite speedy. And there isn't intensive load on the sever because there isn't an image saved for each and every lion.

I'm going to try and do something in between the two of these methods with HTML5 Canvas -- and the end result should be savable, even though it isn't stored server side. It won't be directly linkable, same as Lionden, however. On the upside, Canvas will allow for layer clipping with 'masks' if you're familiar with the term.

The jist of it is that wherever a pet image is called with the GUI, it'll display a canvas and render layers instead. Because these individual layers never need to be changed they'll be set to be cached by the browser - once a person has a seen a layer before it'll instantly load in the future, making it much faster after the initial visit. I can have pets look very beautiful, and, don't have to save an image for every single pet.

I can already access species, gender and age from the owned adoptables table, but I also need to store: primary color, secondary color, primary gene pattern, secondary gene pattern, if they have a face expression other than the default set, if the pet has a nightmare infliction, if they have a designer skin equipped, and then if they have any body shop mods such as wings, extra tails, additional fluff, etc.

Later I should be able to extend this into item equipping, but that's a whole additional process, and it probably would be best in its own table.

edit: I'm just going to go with the Lioden approach until I'm more comfortable with Canvas, aha.

Last edited by Kyttias; 03-28-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:14 PM
Premium Member

Art preview today, before I get into explaining genetics in more detail (I'll wait until my breeding system is fully implemented first).

The following attributes of a pet are genetic and can be passed onto offspring:
  • body color
  • accent color
  • accent pattern
  • accent opacity
  • wings or not
  • various types of tails
  • species specific traits (extra fluff, horn size, fangs, etc)

Here's a Jenx with:
  • a violet body
  • a light pink accent
  • striped pattern
  • at 100% opacity
  • with wings
  • a luxurious tail
  • and extra fluff

While here's a Jenx with:
  • a violet body
  • a light pink accent
  • no pattern
  • - - -
  • no wings
  • an ordinary tail
  • - - -

Finalized art for my alpha testing phase:
Jenx: 100% DONE April 4, 2015
Dezh: 21% IN-PROGRESS April 4, 2015
Stage 1 - 75%
Patterns: Stripes(33%), Filigree(33%), Stardust(33%)
Body Modifications: Wings(100%), Species Specific(100%), Ordinary Tail(100%), Alternate Tail(100%), Luxury Tail(100%)
Stage 2 - 0%
Stage 3 - 0%
Lythine: 0%

Last edited by Kyttias; 04-05-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Explorer of Imaginea

Credits: 5,474
cailynmae is on a distinguished road

This looks so cool. I can't wait for it to come out! Great art, great design, great idea, and probably great coding(I don't actually know yet, I haven't visited the site)!