Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-27-2013, 11:11 AM

Credits: 7,455
Empress_Swanbottom is on a distinguished road
Default breeding not working right

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or what, but the breeding is refusing to work properly for me. >_<
It'll probably help if I explain what I'm attempting to do, so I'll give up my secret new creature-
I'm trying to make a fox so that all of the ones you get from the adopt page have only one tail while the other foxes with two to nine tails are hidden. (Already done and got this figured out)
So when people breed a fox and a fox, they can either get a fox or a two-tailed fox. When these foxes are bred, you have a chance of getting a fox baby with a total tails of both parents put together and then a chance of every tail amount less than that. (Say you breed a five-tailed with a four-tailed, you can get anything from a fox to a nine-tailed::two-tailed with a fox, you can get anything from a fox to a three-tailed)

I already worked it all out and figured out I'd need to make a total of 159 baby adoptables (O.o I know, right?) and how I'd do it all, so I started doing the testing and all went fine and dandy when I was using the Parent(s) function. Then when I got to the three-tailed and four-tailed, I had to also use the Mother/Father functions so that you couldn't breed a four-tailed from two foxes. Then when that happened, the ones that have Parent(s) stopped working- I tested a fox and fox and I wouldn't get any two-tailed. Tested a fox and a two-tailed and I would only get three-tailed. Tested a two-tailed and two-tailed and would only get two-tailed.

To help out even more, if still needed, here are my stats for what tails, how many baby adopts needed, and what parents/mother:father (and flipped father:mother)-
  Spoiler: Foxes 
fox - One - fox,two-tailed fox,three-tailed fox,four-tailed fox,five-tailed fox,six-tailed fox,seven-tailed fox,eight-tailed fox,nine-tailed fox

two-tailed fox - One - fox,two-tailed fox,three-tailed fox,four-tailed fox,five-tailed fox,six-tailed fox,seven-tailed fox,eight-tailed fox,nine-tailed fox

three-tailed fox - 17 - two-tailed fox,three-tailed fox,four-tailed fox,five-tailed fox,six-tailed fox,seven-tailed fox,eight-tailed fox,nine-tailed fox
fox:two-tailed fox :: fox:three-tailed fox :: fox:four-tailed fox :: fox:five-tailed fox :: fox:six-tailed fox :: fox:seven-tailed fox :: fox:eight-tailed fox :: fox:nine-tailed fox

four-tailed fox - 15 - two-tailed fox,three-tailed fox,four-tailed fox,five-tailed fox,six-tailed fox,seven-tailed fox,eight-tailed fox,nine-tailed fox
fox:three-tailed fox :: fox:four-tailed fox :: fox:five-tailed fox :: fox:six-tailed fox :: fox:seven-tailed fox :: fox:eight-tailed fox :: fox:nine-tailed fox

five-tailed fox - 27 - three-tailed fox,four-tailed fox,five-tailed fox,six-tailed fox,seven-tailed fox,eight-tailed fox,nine-tailed fox
fox:four-tailed fox :: fox:five-tailed fox :: fox:six-tailed fox :: fox:seven-tailed fox :: fox:eight-tailed fox :: fox:nine-tailed fox
two-tailed fox:three-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:four-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:five-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:six-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:seven-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:eight-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:nine-tailed fox

six-tailed fox - 23 - three-tailed fox,four-tailed fox,five-tailed fox,six-tailed fox,seven-tailed fox,eight-tailed fox,nine-tailed fox
fox:five-tailed fox :: fox:six-tailed fox :: fox:seven-tailed fox :: fox:eight-tailed fox :: fox:nine-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:four-tailed fox
two-tailed fox:five-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:six-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:seven-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:eight-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:nine-tailed fox

seven-tailed fox - 31 - four-tailed fox,five-tailed fox,six-tailed fox,seven-tailed fox,eight-tailed fox,nine-tailed fox
fox:six-tailed fox :: fox:seven-tailed fox :: fox:eight-tailed fox :: fox:nine-tailed fox
two-tailed fox:five-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:six-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:seven-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:eight-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:nine-tailed fox
three-tailed fox:four-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:five-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:six-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:seven-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:eight-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:nine-tailed fox

eight-tailed fox - 25 - four-tailed fox,five-tailed fox,six-tailed fox,seven-tailed fox,eight-tailed fox,nine-tailed fox
fox:seven-tailed fox :: fox:eight-tailed fox :: fox:nine-tailed fox
two-tailed fox:six-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:seven-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:eight-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:nine-tailed fox
three-tailed fox:five-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:six-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:seven-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:eight-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:nine-tailed fox

nine-tailed fox - 19 - five-tailed fox,six-tailed fox,seven-tailed fox,eight-tailed fox,nine-tailed fox
fox:eight-tailed fox :: fox:nine-tailed fox
two-tailed fox:seven-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:eight-tailed fox :: two-tailed fox:nine-tailed fox
three-tailed fox:six-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:seven-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:eight-tailed fox :: three-tailed fox:nine-tailed fox
four-tailed fox:five-tailed fox :: four-tailed fox:six-tailed fox :: four-tailed fox:seven-tailed fox :: four-tailed fox:eight-tailed fox :: four-tailed fox:nine-tailed fox

If you have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or any questions to help solve my problem, please do post! I'm really hoping I won't have to make hundreds of adopts using just the mother/father section. :(
Old 04-27-2013, 11:57 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,743
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

I see. Not sure if it has something to do with a glitch in the script, which prevents bred adoptables from breeding their own offsprings.

To resolve this issue, download this class_breeding.php from the attachment, and go to phpmyadmin table prefix_owned_adoptables. Do you see pets with 'lastbred' being 'NULL'? If so, edit it to 0.

Another way to fix the problem is to change the default value for field 'lastbred' to be 0 in database.

Note I am not sure if I completely understand your issue. It may be more complicated than I thought, and if you were actually requesting a new feature I probably cant help much. I have too many other things to do right now.
Attached Files
File Type: php class_breeding.php (3.9 KB, 1 views)

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:19 PM

Credits: 7,455
Empress_Swanbottom is on a distinguished road

I'm not seeing anybody with a NULL, and I replaced the class_breeding.php file with this one, but it still won't produce the correct offspring...
And actually, if I think about it, I'm wondering if because I have some Parent(s) and then others that are the father/mother, if the father/mother is overriding the Parent(s) because the mother/father uses specifics. So even if there's a Parent(s) that states that a three-tailed and a four-tailed can breed to make a five-tailed, I think it could be the fact that there is then the father/mother stating that either father or mother HAS to be a two-tailed and then there is one that states that the other HAS to be a three-tailed; canceling out the chances of a three-tailed being able to produce five-tailed with a four-tailed...
So I guess in short, if you're going to do a breeding as complex as I'm going for, you're gonna wanna use all father/mother for anything that is like the three-tailed and up. The fox and two-tailed are fine with just their Parent(s) because they can be bred from anything.

Thanks for the help HoF, and I'm so glad that you added this! :3 Though some things may be harder than others, it's still an awesome addition. ^_^

So I guess you could say this is solved? Unless we wanna keep trying/someone else wants to keep trying with an idea like this.

(Der... looks like I'm going to have to make specific father/mother for all of the tail amounts- I got rid of the three-tailed fox that had all of the Parent(s) and it started breeding three-tails from two-tailed and fox, but it won't breed any two-tailed or fox.)

Last edited by Empress_Swanbottom; 04-27-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Nopers... doesn't like any of my Parent(s) for this complex breeding. o3o
Old 04-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,743
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well yeah, the father/mother fields are of higher priority over parent field.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.