Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Feedback and Suggestions

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think posting this as a modification would be worthwile? Would you use this?
Yes, you should post it and I will use it! 11 100.00%
Yes, you should post it, but I won't use it. 0 0%
No, you shouldn't bother and I won't use it. 0 0%
Maybe/I don't know. 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2014, 01:50 PM

Credits: 48,158
Hwona is on a distinguished road
Question Anyone Want to Have a Stat System

Hello everyone! I know that this is a planned feature for v.1.4.0, but I recently made a stat system for my site(v1.3.3) and I was curious if anyone would be interested in such a system.
I'd like to share this with everyone who might not be moving to v1.4.0 for some reason, but because all editing has to be done through files, it may be a bit tedious to explain, so I was wondering if anyone would actually want this kind of thing?

Features:
- random generated number within 2 set values
- items that raise stats
- award images that change when an adoptable's stats reach a certain value

Note: As of now, my coding skills are far too poor to add anything else to the mix.

You can see an example on my site: http://caterpillarcave.com/levelup/click/1
Please vote in the poll! Thanks! :D

Last edited by Hwona; 06-27-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,953
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Yes, I'd be interested in this. ovo~ I really like the idea of badges, too! There are things I'd definitely like stats for, and not from a battle standpoint.

So long as I can give my pets stats, then I can also implement ways to deplete these stats for all pets over time (with a chron job), if I tinker enough -- for hunger, for example. My wish is to have a 'happiness' meter that functions about the same as hunger would, that encourages people to play with their pets, not just visit them. (And there would be benefits to keeping all your entire collection of pets above a certain happiness level overall.) All that would require a lot of further tinkering on my part, but I would love the step in the right direction!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:20 PM

^It would be great if you could do that! I don't exactly like sites with pets that die, but it'd be cool if happiness could have special functions. I alson want to think about working with the layout of how adoptable information is displayed on the page. As you can see with mine, it's a bit err... messy?
Old 06-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,404
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Actually I think its a neat idea. Mys v1.4.x's stats system is meant to be customizable, admins without coding experience can do what they want in ACP rather than editing raw php files. But a custom or simplified stats system wont hurt, especially when the official stats system is still in the making. ^^

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:00 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Actually I think its a neat idea. Mys v1.4.x's stats system is meant to be customizable, admins without coding experience can do what they want in ACP rather than editing raw php files. But a custom or simplified stats system wont hurt, especially when the official stats system is still in the making. ^^
Oh! Really?! In that case, I'll post this. :3 Perhaps it can be of some use? I can make re-colorable badge images too. I know the coding really sucks and is probably REALLY inefficient since so many database columns need to be created(at least for my site) but I'll give it a shot!

Anyone have any award-type preference? Medals? Ribbons? Trophies? :3
Old 06-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,101
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Oh my god! I LOVE your adoptable page layout!!! It's so pretty! Your ribbons and stats system is also really cool. :)

I prefer ribbons, actually. Trophies and medals are too...special? I guess. Thank you for whatever you do, though!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:43 PM

^Okay everyone, I've decided to go ahead and share the basic parts of the code! I won't be as complex as the one I have and I'm only going to be including one stat/skill in the guide. I can definitely build upon it at a later time, but I think I should keep it simple first so that I don't kill myself and other users! XP

However, I do have a tiny problem... I don't know how to generate unique stats for adoptables that existed prior to the addition of the modification. I don't want the initially generated stats on my site to be a huge factor in how easy it is to train an adopt, so I just decided that it'd be perfectly logical to set all old adoptables' stats to 50/100, but what do you guys think?
Old 06-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 44,513
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point

Your layout is just utterly PERFECT!! I would love to have the code to add to do this :)

I use the Responsive Theme, if that makes any difference. Wow, though, really beautiful and nice looking!!
Old 06-28-2014, 10:57 PM

^I can definitely include that! If responsice themes work with normal css, I'm pretty sure the same thing would work... :3
Old 06-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 44,513
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful!! Thank you!!

I have a massive family of sites launching in a few days, this is desperately needed and timely!! :)