Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 AM

Credits: 1,002
Ansem717
Default Theme changing.

Unlike MyAdopts, there is no inline theme editor. Aye, perfectly normal. Allows multiple themes. The problem is my theme isn't working... Here's what I've attempted to do.

Based on the folder "default" within the templates folder, I copied and only re-wrote the CSS with the correct images and then added the correct images.

I keep linking it to the following: "templates/asciidefault/index.htm" (the original file was in HTM not HTML...)

Half of the time my entire webpage wouldn't be visible. A blank white screen. I press back and it doesn't work. I press it again and its still white. It loads, but it's still white. Eventually, I physically type within my url: "www.andymalik.com/asciidopts/" and it loads. BUT with the default CSS... I've tried it 5 times now. I have many different CSSs to choose from within the drop down menu, and none of them work.

How do I get the theme to view?

Also, how do I delete these extra CSSes?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,294
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Theme changing.

Inline theme editor? I never used MA so I dont even know what you are talking about, but it seems that our coders are working on a style switcher script which enables you to have multiple themes on the site. For custom CSS, ask Enddayne and she will be able to help you out with that.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:42 AM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,091
Tequila is on a distinguished road

How are you linking your CSS? Is it inside or external? I know you have to have a very specific setup for loading the themes properly. The call has to look like this:
PHP Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/simple/inc/style.css" type="text/css"
or it won't work.

If you want I can see about a simple and efficient sci-fi/computer theme today, I have time after all. :)
Old 01-06-2011, 05:27 PM

Credits: 1,002
Ansem717

I'm transferring my MyAdopts website toward my own website, so thanks for the offer, but I already have the CSS I desire. :) I'll contact you if I decide to change. :)

Overall, it kept failing for me. I followed a different explanation which included Bloodrun and Brandon instructing a inexperienced user on directly editing the Database information. I've copied a previous html file to make a global 'maintemplate.html' file and all I can just change the linked CSS within there. I noticed though, that the database was primarily targeted toward, "/templates/default/template.html" even though I told I to look at "/templates/asciidopts/template.html." Either way, fixed now. :) Thanks anyway!

(Though I didn't search thoroughly in my database, how do I delete previously made CSS's from the drop down menu?)