Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 15,380
Seapyramid
Default RE: Only 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjac1
I called the new table "adopts_alts" , the structure is just 1 field named "alturl" which is a varchar(120) type, this is where i input the url of the image.

Sea, i kind of did something like that with the old script, i created a html page for the adoption page, made the egg on all 10 adoptable exactly the same, then created 10 different outcomes..but i had to edit the "type" of adoptable manually in the DB, which wasnt fun....
You can do it with the new system real easy.. just add in the adoptable the same way as always.. Give it 2 outcomes. Add another adoptable with the same name but with an extra space somewhere so the system looks at it as being a different name. Give it 2 outcomes. The space isn't noticeable on the adopt page, but the system knows the difference.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:38 AM

Credits: 8,342
gjac1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR777
You need more structure than alturl. You should have the URL to the alternate image, the adoptable type and the level the alternate level is for, at a minimum.
I have added 2 more fields to my table like you suggested, the level field is the same level in them all, as it is the 1st evo after the hatch stage that is going to be random from multi images.

And the Adoptable Type will also have to be the same, as at the moment i only have 1 egg for the multiple outcomes, so only 1 adoptable type.

The 2 new fields i added are called "type" which is varchar(40) and "level" which is int(11) .

Thanks again for your help :)
Old 05-02-2009, 04:57 AM

Credits: 8,342
gjac1

Is it a simple line of code your working on for this mod or is it like a big re-write ?? because if its a big re-write you could always release it as a buyable add-on....

Would it not be easier to assign an AID at random ?? if you could do that, that would make it work perfect..a member picks an egg, its assigned an AID at random, and that it hatches and evolves as normal :)

Almost all decent adoption sites that are already established have just the 1 standard egg that has multiple outcomes, so you might get a few buyers for it, inc me :)
Old 03-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 44,513
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR777
I don't think so, since we want a constant set of images once you specify a random image.

What you could do is add more fields onto the adopts_levels table to allow for more alternate images
I think this sounds like a fascinating idea, and would you be able to specify a bit more on this, Brandon? I understand how to add the extra fields, but would they go right after the one alternate field, or at the end?

Would this mess up anything with the coding/SQL later, and finally, for the actual form for creating the adoptable levels, would you need to alter that in any way, or would it "automatically" draw from these extra field images? I am pretty sure they all have to have different names, like-1, -2 etc.

thank you very much! :D
Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 AM

Credits: 270
gensuperman

This is a rather old... and I mean old... post to try and revive... But, I thought that since I had an idea/question that BMR777 could set me straight on, in regards to having multiple outcomes of a level.

Also, considering that this code has not be updated by the time of the discussion of this thread, heres my idea:

Currently the script has the option for "1" specific level to have "1" alternate outcome. Which, that setting is located in Admin, "Alternate Outcomes Settings: Start using the alternate outcome at level number #".

So, most will choose to start at birth which would be zero.

Now, BMR777 had an interesting approach by using a rand() command... but, you guys are assessing that the images are the real culprit.

But, when creating a brand new adoptable within the Admin Area "Manage Adoptable - Edit Existing Levels - Adoptable Name One - Alt Image Category..."

Even though that as listed above, the alternate outcomes starting level is set to zero, each editable level has an alternate image field, especially when you edit the image:

For example:

Quote:
Edit> Adoptable Name One - Level 1

Primary Image for this level

Alternate Image for this level.
Now obviously, even when you add something here, the changes won't matter, because the script is concentrating on just level 0 as being the main alternating change...

However... what if... you use the rand type command within the code of the "Alternate Outcomes Settings: Start using the alternate outcome at level number #" setting?

So, now keep in mind, that you would lose the chance for the birth to be female or male per say (after the egg hatch), because then every image would have the possibility of rotating by 2 different images (per advancing each level).

The script would need to recognize that each level has the alt image field active. I wouldn't think you could have more than 2 alternate outcomes of images at this point for a specific image.

I'm still new to the script, but I just noticed this setting, I wasn't entirely sure, if this was already a part of the scripts function to work in the manner I described?

If it is not, then BMR777 could you please let me know what code or where I could find the code to implement a rand command against the leveling up of the "Alternate Outcomes Settings: Start using the alternate outcome at level number #" setting?

So, everytime a user levels their creature up, they have the possibility of every level having the alternate image active (and the possibility would be set within the Admin Area> The alternate outcome has a chance of 1 in # chance setting), so that specific setting would also have to follow with the rand command.

This would allow for more flexibility... This may not be a great idea for say male/female genders... but... this would work great for uni gender projects.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:12 PM

Credits: 10,079
redheadturkey is on a distinguished road

that's a really interesting idea as a way to tackle this. I know I've had several people ask me to provide more varieties of my pets, and it seems to be a really important thing to be able to offer on a site.