Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 11:18 AM

Credits: 1,883
Civil Engineer
Default RE: 5 Random Adoptables = FAIL

I would like it.. I will spend some time seeing if I can get it to work and then I can post my results :)

You can PM it to me :)
Old 09-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Art Director & Developer

Credits: 5,926
Teshia

I've already got my own version of a trade script (my gf finished it just today, she's amazing), but I think the bid and trade system could also be useful for a marketplace mod.

I don't think its right for you to be redistributing the code though, if Brandon wanted everyone to have it he would give it to everyone. How much did you pay for it? Last time I talked to him he said he was thinking of selling it.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:55 PM

Civil Engineer

Well considering he's not here to give the code to members who pay for premium then what alternatives do we have..
Old 09-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 338,236
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshia
I've already got my own version of a trade script (my gf finished it just today, she's amazing), but I think the bid and trade system could also be useful for a marketplace mod.

I don't think its right for you to be redistributing the code though, if Brandon wanted everyone to have it he would give it to everyone. How much did you pay for it? Last time I talked to him he said he was thinking of selling it.
Well I paid him nothing. This is what it is supposed to be if myadopts.com users are already using it for free, no point of him charging me for that especially since I am a donator/premium member here.

I actually got a scripter to work on a pokemon-style trade with trade-evolution system, and chances are the scripter wont even base his script on Brandon's.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:17 AM
Art Director & Developer

Credits: 5,926
Teshia

You guys, its not about alternatives. Its about his rights to his intellectual property. If he hasn't specifically said you can redistribute it then you are infringing on his copyrights.

If there was a master chef who hadn't hosted a free banquet in 2 years, I wouldn't go barging into his home telling him he's a bad cook and then steal his prize recipe to give away to the world for free. This is wrong and I would advise you against distributing his code without his express, written permission.

This is his website, his code, his intellectual property. When you get a premium account its a donation. Access to premium mods is a privileged and you shouldn't abuse it.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Dev Staff

Credits: 32,951
fadillzzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer
Well is there a way to actually delete the codes for five random pets so they just disappear from stats.php? I tried it myself but got a fatal error all the time.

And to answer your previous question, I think Brandon actually still wishes to earn some sort of profits out of this. You do know donation is still available and Brandon can still receive money from donators who do not even know this project is dead? This is why I am so mad at this, I wouldnt really care if he had abandoned this project at all if I hadnt paid for donator/premium membership.

The good news is that I eventually got Brandon to send me the trade script he had been using on myadopts.com, since apparently he knew how ridiculous free users on myadopts.com got a trade script while paid users here didnt. I will send the script to you guys/gals if you want it, but keep in mind that it may need a certain degree of modification to work on a base script of Rusnak Adoptables. I am having a scripter doing that right now, and hopefully he will find a way.
To delete the 5 random adoptables from stats.php just remove everything from line 106 - 160 (make sure to backup the file :) )

BTW, can you send me the script you got from Brandon?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:54 AM

Civil Engineer

If anyone has a trade script available that works please PM it to me :)
Old 09-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 338,236
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Sure I will see what I can do. Actually I plan on release a different one compatible with the base script of Rusnak adoptables.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:02 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 15,615
Seapyramid

This was a project a class mate asked Brandon for.. he is busy with his school & life.. you all want real thoughts.. see Zami at petsgalorespa.net .. I have too many medical & personal issues to deal with right now... but she is close to redesigning the script with shops/trade/cash shop/genders & more.. all the things Mystic Grove has & move.. can host your sites and offer support.. up to you