Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 AM

Credits: 8,037
Isura is on a distinguished road
Default Display problems with Internet Explorer

I worked on a css for my site and was checked it with firefox and internet explorer. In firefox everything worked fine. Only the internet explorer have some display problems with a few sites. First I thought I have made some errors in my css and changed it back to one of the default ones. That doesn't fix the problem. This is how the page should look like:

The content is centered in the browser window.

When I visit messages.php, myadopts.php or profile.php everything move to the left site:

And the drop down menu doesn't work anymore.
When I look at the profile from a user the tabs ('about me', 'friends',...) are not clickable and the menubar disappears (also happened in firefox).

I also tried it with the other default templates --> same problem.

Have anyone an idea how to fix this?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 PM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,093
Tequila is on a distinguished road

IE is known to be horrid for viewing any type of designed page. It doesn't speak with HTML5 or CSS3 very well at all. I'd recommend to any users to use Firefox or Chrome instead.

Otherwise there are a few ways to fix the centering, but they do not validate the same as the current coding.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:05 PM

Credits: 22,686
Ruinily is on a distinguished road

Isnt there a way to specify css for a specific browser? I could have sworn I saw something like that in one of the files... Unfortunately I dont remember where because I'm also having this problem... I'm taking a break from my site before I go insane, though I found this page that may help, I have no idea if it'll work... But it might give you an idea.

http://www.santoshkori.com/blog/web-...ml-css-in-php/

Chocolate butterfly cat pudding. o.o

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
http://felkyocreatures.com/index.php
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM

Credits: 8,037
Isura is on a distinguished road

Usually I use only Firefox, but there enough people which still use IE. And I don't think they will change there browser only for visiting my adoptables site . But I understand that there are many coding differences which make it nearly impossible to create a css which will work perfectly with every browser.

I discovered a easy way for myself to solve the problem with the myadopts.php and the message.php. I simply remove all css-codes from the pagination class. It might not be the best way but now the pages shows up correctly in IE and Firefox.

Now only the profile.php make still some trouble.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:00 PM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,093
Tequila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinily View Post
Isnt there a way to specify css for a specific browser? I could have sworn I saw something like that in one of the files... Unfortunately I dont remember where because I'm also having this problem... I'm taking a break from my site before I go insane, though I found this page that may help, I have no idea if it'll work... But it might give you an idea.

http://www.santoshkori.com/blog/web-...ml-css-in-php/
Will have to take a look. Once I can see again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura View Post
Usually I use only Firefox, but there enough people which still use IE. And I don't think they will change there browser only for visiting my adoptables site . But I understand that there are many coding differences which make it nearly impossible to create a css which will work perfectly with every browser.

I discovered a easy way for myself to solve the problem with the myadopts.php and the message.php. I simply remove all css-codes from the pagination class. It might not be the best way but now the pages shows up correctly in IE and Firefox.

For some odd reason, that profile page has always been a spot of trouble.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,311
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura View Post

I see, you have a good point, but I am glad you are able to get it to work except for the profile page. Honestly, even the dev team has no idea why the dropdown menu wont show up in profile page. I've pretty much tried everything I could, still dont understand why the navtabs disappear from that page.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.

Tags
css, display, internet explorer