Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 45,584
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Members creating adopts of established

I have a usergroup now that is allowed to create adopts, but I'd like to restrict their ability to only images already there on the server and also--
prevent them from deleting images uploaded!

In other words, they can make the adoptable, but I'd like to make it that they draw from already established breeds --- such as an "Earth Kritter", and then they can choose the color/marking/sex of that ONE custom they are making!

So they aren't adding a new type, but adding a new one OF a type that already exists --- they pick the particulars of that one, and they create and they own that one.

That one would go into their owned_adopts table, once made.

Mweor has something like this called "customs" and they are very popular -- doesn't have to be as complicated, just something like that!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Dev Staff

Credits: 21,333
Arianna will become famous soon enough
Default RE: re: Members creating adopts of established

I think you're not looking to create whole new breeds... I think that this system is not suited for what you're looking for, not without heavy modifications. :( (By the way, remember to check VPL. There's something about licensed Nintendo characters on your site there.)
Old 03-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Oh I will work on that then, I bet there is a way to do it, just have to figure it out :D

Oh I read all that, and they are completely incorrect, despite the total confidence they have in what they are saying --- once you buy a created character for 3D Poser, it is yours, and you may use it freely on your site. Anything else, would have to be taken up with the artist who created that Poser character, lol. Plus, we are going to be using material that will totally change the looks, and last of all, we are not for profit or pay.

They seem to really enjoy flaming my threads there, but that's okay, I happen to know about Poser models and their use :)
Old 03-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Dev Staff

Credits: 21,333
Arianna will become famous soon enough

I'm sure there is a way - if you're competent in PHP, anything is possible - look at Mystic Grove! :D

I'm really sorry about that. I tend to listen to them and I was under the impression that you weren't allowed to use them; but if you've bought them then I'm pretty sure you're allowed to. :D Sorry about that. D:
Old 03-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna
I'm sure there is a way - if you're competent in PHP, anything is possible - look at Mystic Grove! :D

I'm really sorry about that. I tend to listen to them and I was under the impression that you weren't allowed to use them; but if you've bought them then I'm pretty sure you're allowed to. :D Sorry about that. D:

Awww that's okay hun, I understand, they are very convincing, they just don't really understand the nature of purchased Poser/3D stuff being used :D

I've used this kind of material on sites for 7 years with no probs :)

and yeah, I'm gonna take another look at all this, there is a way, just gotta find it hehehe and yes Mystic Grove is just really incredible!! :)
Old 03-20-2010, 03:39 PM

Credits: 10,753
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

I suppose you could make permissions more granular to suit your needs by adding additional columns into the database table that defines usergroup permissions. Then you would also have to modify the features you wish to restrict, such as deleting images, to read the new permissions and either allow or deny the action. This is possible, but would require quite a few code edits.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:47 PM
The Grim One

Credits: 97,475
Tequila is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Members creating adopts of established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna

Awww that's okay hun, I understand, they are very convincing, they just don't really understand the nature of purchased Poser/3D stuff being used :D

I've used this kind of material on sites for 7 years with no probs :)

and yeah, I'm gonna take another look at all this, there is a way, just gotta find it hehehe and yes Mystic Grove is just really incredible!! :)
I think Little Dragon's Krysta from Starfox is Noncommercial only, you'd probably be best off PMing her on the Daz3D forums or checking in on the thread(I'm not sure as I rarely use Anthropomorphic stuff, you can find me there as pyerflyrenders).
Old 03-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

If we ever go anything other than non commercial, I'll definitely get ahold of her. She's so fantastic though, love her creations!!

Well I figured out a way to do this for now -- it's not something I can do forever, but it will work for the time being, while I tackle the ideas here to try to do it a better way!

I created a version of our Earth Kritter, a new one, basically, and added that to be bought--- it's much more expensive than the others, and what I did was add a link to that, to allow Members to choose gender, markings, color, different add on goodies, and then they will message me-- I'll make it for them and then insert that image for that adoptable in the Dbase.

It really is just a work around, but I wanted to let people do something cool soon! :)